Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

You're not kidding. I gather that his name is Noah Starr. IMDB has nothing about a commercial for him that I could see but quite a few things he's done.

I tried youtube and got nothing. I tried everything to get a video of the commercial and got nothing. Halp!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    You're not kidding. I gather that his name is Noah Starr. IMDB has nothing about a commercial for him that I could see but quite a few things he's done.

I tried youtube and got nothing. I tried everything to get a video of the commercial and got nothing. Halp!!
    "Starr"?

LOL, that's probably his new "nom de telly".

Everyone changes their last name and adds a consonant in TV Land.

I have tried to watch Chopped and lasted for one and a half episodes. The judges are really worst past of the show.

-------------------------------

I also saw the first 15 minute of Dancing With the Stars and the dance that 'The Chairman' did.

I can't stand any of the judges. Like WTF?-these people are learning how to put together a dance and they still have the bits to criticize them?

I'll give it one more try.

P.S.

the chairman's tattoo was a huge goof on us.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I have tried to watch Chopped and lasted for one and a half episodes. The judges are really worst past of the show.

-------------------------------

I also saw the first 15 minute of Dancing With the Stars and the dance that 'The Chairman' did.

I can't stand any of the judges. Like WTF?-these people are learning how to put together a dance and they still have the bits to criticize them?

I'll give it one more try.

P.S.

the chairman's tattoo was a huge goof on us.
    I agree with you again, Richard!!!! The judges on Chopped are ridiculous. Is it necessary to be that rude??

Alex Groanacelli's facial expressions get the best of me every time. One second she's smiling, then she's frowning. Then she's upset and then she's happy and giving compliments. Her face is very hard to read.

I missed DWTS last night!! Those judges are another group I can't stand!!

His tattoo wasn't real? Awwww crud!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    I agree with you again, Richard!!!! The judges on Chopped are ridiculous. Is it necessary to be that rude??

Alex Groanacelli's facial expressions get the best of me every time. One second she's smiling, then she's frowning. Then she's upset and then she's happy and giving compliments. Her face is very hard to read.
    This is my peeve.

AG: Did I just see Chef X just stab himself with that skewer?

No, His holding both hands over his head and cursing for the extra drama.

I don't want to watch but I have to.

http://www.parentdish.com/2009/09/24...es-kids-fat%2F

Oh, Paula Deen takes it on the chin!

That was tough.

Shucks, I wanted to read the story but I'm getting an error message so it was aborted.

I tried to watch Jeff Corwin last night. For some reason, I think this guy is getting more and more obnoxious as the time goes by. Anybody else notice this?

I really enjoyed the Mexican show but his shows since then have lacked in almost everything for me.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Barbara Walters Says Paula Deen Makes Kids Fat

When cookbook author Paula Deen appeared on "The View" on ABC Tuesday, host Barbara Walters lashed out at her for pushing fattening food for children. Deen, a zaftig, Georgia restaurant owner, was on the program to plug her book, "Paula Deen's Cookbook for the Lunchbox Set."

"This is a cookbook for kids. Obesity is the No. 1 problem for kids today. Everything you have here is enormously fattening," scolded Walters as she sat by the famous chef. "You tell kids to have cheesecake for breakfast. You tell them to have chocolate cake and meatloaf for lunch. And french fries. Doesn't it bother you that you're adding to this?"

All things in moderation, counseled Deen. "No, I'm not saying they should eat like this every day," she said.

Walters snapped that Deen's book is hardly a lesson in moderation. "Not when you're giving them this!"

We have two words for this. Awk. Ward.

And speaking of childhood obesity, our chubby brethren on the other side of the Atlantic are tipping the scales as well.

A Scottish couple reportedly lost custody of their two youngest children this month because authorities considered the kids to be too fat.

A family has been torn apart because the children are overweight. Credit: STV News
    The couple, of Dundee, Scotland, has six children ranging in age from 3 to 13. WorldNetDaily reported that Scottish social workers told the parents last year the children needed to slim down or they would be taken into state custody for their own protection. At the time, the youngest girl reportedly weighed 56 pounds. The oldest boy, according to the online news service, now weighs more than 220 pounds.

The couple's 3- and 4-year-old children are now in foster care. Meanwhile, the mother is pregnant with the couple's seventh child.

"This whole case has been dreadful," Kathleen Price, the couple's attorney, told Scotland's television station STV. "Neither of these parents take drink or drugs. They have a big, happy, noisy family, which is prone to being overweight."

Social workers ordered the parents to enroll their children in dance and soccer classes last year while paid monitors watched the family's progress, WorldNet reported.

"They keep making an issue about the kids' weight," the mother told reporters last year. "I didn't even own a deep-fat fryer. All my food is home cooked and my kids are not fed junk food."

In Scotland, child welfare decisions are often made at the city council level. Tam Fry, a member of the National Obesity Forum, told STV that "more councils are now viewing obesity as an abuse issue."

Last January, Fry spoke out in the British newspaper The Sun in support of a decision by the city council in Leeds to deny a couple from adopting a child because the husband was overweight. Overweight parents are poor role models for children, he told the the newspaper.

Have we gone a little nuts in our concern about child obesity? Or are we setting our kids up for cream-filled doom?

Holy Cow!!!! Thanks, Richard.

Awkward to say the least. Baba has no problem coming down on people. I bet Paula almost melted into the floor. After all, Baba is right!! I am sorry I missed that.

Knowing what she knows, how could Paula produce a cookbook that pushes poor nutrition and overeating? Not to mention the fact that she's talking about it on The View. I know she knows what's going on because she always laughs about using the mayo and butter to extreme. I believe she's been criticized so long, she has built up defenses for the backlash. Baba's lecture must have been hard to handle, no matter how savvy southern Paula thinks she is.

Even though her recipes are delicious......C'mon, Paula, get it together. Did no one warn her of what the ladies of The View might do in response to this? I'll be honest, not just The View but everybody.

The family in Scotland:::if the mother thinks she's such a healthy cook, maybe the kids just aren't exercising enough. If someone took away my kids for being overweight, I would pack up the whole family and head to Weight Watchers and then to the gym.
    That's horrible. This issue is so controversial.
    Last edited by Daisy and Delilah; 09-26-2009 at 01:04 PM.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I read somewhere that Paula Deen's favorite recipe was Mantequilla con Cuchara.

Butter with Spoon.....I gotta behave-I did see a Food Net special on her.
    It was a special and all her family was out and about. Somehow one of the sons was on a tour bus and a fan asked his what was PD's favorite food.

The kid didn't skip a beat....."Butter!", he said.
    Yikes.......

There is something about pushing a book on kids cooking and having a Surgeon General's warning on the spine?

As it is, kids do not eat anything you cook for them in the first place.

Do you remember the commercial of a baby in a swing looking out the window that overlooks the McDonald's sign?

The kicker there was the kid would laugh when he saw the sign, then cry when he swung and lost sight of it.

I can see her point for wanting to do a cookbook for kids, but feeding them sticks of "budder" will kill them faster than global warming!

-----------

I just saw the best Dinner:Impossible.

It was the roller skating challenge. I laughed, very hard, especially when he was explaining the dish made from cucumber and soup to the Rainbow girl.
    Classic!

LOL
    I was just watching an old episode of Jamie's Kitchen. He was cooking with freshly picked zucchini and demontrating on how to stuff some zucchini flowers. He picked up one, opened the flower and with a knife pulled out a live bumble bee. He just continued to stuff it and carry on without washing it.

Who knows how long that bee was there for and what he did hiding in there??? MMMM, bumble bee excrement!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

That's a funny story, Slick.

Paula and the butter have gone too far. It makes everything taste great but she sure isn't helping America slim down.

I have to comment on this::::Sandra Lee has the show that tells us how to save money. On the other hand, and another day, she has Semi Homemade which uses the opposite of what she says to use on the money saving show.

Ok, Sandra, is it pre packaged, pre chopped, pre shredded, or, do it yourself and save mega money?? Kind of a conflict of interest isn't it?

I saw that roller derby Mission Impossible. It was one of the better shows.
    I think Robert Irvine is acting like he has a serious problem this season. Everything irritates him more than ever. The roller derby show wasn't showing him completely stressed.

I still haven't seen the Chairman dance.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I haven't been watching too much tube lately......

So,

I see two new programs coming soon..

Alex's day off and Guy Fieri intrudes on tailgating across America,

LOL, AG makes me believe she has some kind of weird thing "sadsack" thing going on. She's in one mood and two minutes later it's another mood...and they are both depressed.

GF's show should be interesting. Ugh, him sticking his hand into people's plates. Lovely.

-----------------

Iron Chef......

LOL, I saw a preview on the channel and one of the guest chefs makes a really snide comment.

Something like, "Guess again!"

Now, has anyone noticed that Alton Brown will comment on a food or technique and it turns out that he is wrong?

I saw an episode where a chef pulled out oxtails onto the cutting board and AB called it another cut of meat. I was watcing at home and I KNEW it was oxtail. He did correct himself, but I have been on a quest to catch him and will watch a whole episode to count his mistakes.

---------------------------

The Next Iron Chef was way too long last night. Ugh.....I 'got disinterested and have to watch the last half hour again.

OMG!!! Scary!! Is the stuff really made in China? Do the people of China make anything that's good?

I forgot that I watched the Paula Deen segment on The View on youtube or something. Baba let her have it but Paula kept on talking.

I figure the empire has to crumble sometime. Paula has gone on longer than I expected she would. That woman has her hands in everything.

What is with Alex Groanacelli? She does have those weird faces all the time. She looks totally depressed and talks about something wonderful. Then she talks about something awful with the same look, basically. I don't get her at all.

All FN needs is another show with her as the star.

Another show with GF? Does he have enough time?

The Next Iron Chef was long and strange. Did you watch the part with the exotic ingredients? Do people actually eat chicken feet, cockscombs, jellyfish, stinky tofu? I was a surprised at how well those chefs adapted to the items they were given.

I predict that Amanda Freitag will win. I think they need another female iron chef and she is a favorite of the network. Alot of the contestants have appeared on Iron Chef before too.

There are three guys in the group that look alike to me. Maybe it was two of the guy and one of the girls??

Alton Brown is like a walking encyclopedia. I have seen him make a few mistakes lately. He does correct himself sometimes. I think he might lose some of his over confidence if the mistakes keep happening.
    Has he lost weight or is it me imagining it? I know he's losing his hair pretty badly. Poor guy.

Gina Neely is getting on my nerves again. Pat is the greatest guy on earth but what is wrong with her? She is really putting it into overdrive.

I have a new thing that's ready to have me put my foot through the tv. Sunny Anderson(is that her name??)saying "good to go" in every sentence she uses.
    Last edited by Daisy and Delilah; 10-07-2009 at 08:29 PM.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!