Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    I always look at the lobsters in the store and know they are the same ones I saw last week.

I love crab too!!! Love it!! We have blue crabs here and they're just like your's. Alot of work for a little meat. I really enjoy making crab cakes when the big can of Phillips crab meat goes on sale.

LOL,

Just admit you have named the lobsters and bring them treats when you shop!

Out here we get the little plastic tubs of Eastern crab......They should sell it on Rodeo Drive....

I love this thread....I always get hungry when I leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    Then we had the incident of Debbie being hit in the head by Michael with the oven door. Did anybody notice there were no marks on her face at all? I was thinking a black eye would have been a given.
    I did, I did! I didn't realize it was the oven door, I thought he collided his hot pan with her face.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    LOL,

Just admit you have named the lobsters and bring them treats when you shop!

Out here we get the little plastic tubs of Eastern crab......They should sell it on Rodeo Drive....

I love this thread....I always get hungry when I leave it.
    I might as well name them!!! LOL They're so cute with their little arm bands.

I look at the price of crab and I always think, what it took to pick that meat, no wonder it's so expensive!!

There's a little restaurant in Daytona Beach that makes a crab cake that's delicious!! I almost bought some crab meat today. YUM!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I did, I did! I didn't realize it was the oven door, I thought he collided his hot pan with her face.
    I think it was the oven door, Elyse, but I can't be positive. What a performance she put on. Awwww shucks, maybe he really did clobber her.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

It was the pan that clipped her on the cheekbone, and he was moving pretty quickly, so it was a hard hit. You could tell afterwards that that side of her face was swollen, but only from certain camera angles.

Makeup can hide a bruise, but not the swelling. I wouldn't be surprised is she had a black eye the next day, but at least she was in a kitchen, and there was ice to put on it!
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks, Karen. From the angle we got, it was a pretty hard hit. I guess she did pull herself together really well.

You have got a great eye! I couldn't see anything wrong with her.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Rats, rats ... The Food Network re-ran all of this season's episodes to date earlier today, and I missed all except the most recent one, which I saw Thursday night. Can anyone tell me who's looking good or not so good?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

They sorta come and go, Elyse. The ones that I think are looking good, screw up the next week and vice versa. For some reason, I think Melissa looks pretty good and so does Debbie. Those two are fairly consistent.

What does everyone else think? I still think Jamika is the most pleasant and easiest to listen to for the times I've seen her.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I was hoping that my cable sys would put NFNS on their On Demand part of the package. Nope. I'll have to watch the marathon when they run them again.

I was watching some TV when I came across a program in Japanese and thought I saw someone familiar.

This dude looked like the "Chairman" on the Iron Chef show. Didn't think anything about it until today.

I stopped on the Sci Fi channel for a second and there is an actor that looks like the Chairman on the IC show....

I checked the IC site and sure enough, it is him. I never knew he was an actor.....Seems like he has a pretty extensive Marital Arts background too!

Check out the tat this guy has!

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm527862528/nm0001092

That's really cool, Richard!! I had no idea he is an actor either. He is really cute and that tattoo is gorgeous!! I'll never look at him in the same way again. Look at that bod!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I was reading/watching the blog and video blog from "Bob" and "Susie", the FN's judges on Next Food Network Star. Apparently they covered Debbie's face with makeup. That's at least what one of them said.

I don't know if you guys watched tonight, but I was certainly in agreement with the judge's decision. I'll be interested in your opinions. Don't want to be a spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    I was reading/watching the blog and video blog from "Bob" and "Susie", the FN's judges on Next Food Network Star. Apparently they covered Debbie's face with makeup. That's at least what one of them said.

I don't know if you guys watched tonight, but I was certainly in agreement with the judge's decision. I'll be interested in your opinions. Don't want to be a spoiler.
    I forgot!!!! I was watching the fights !

D&D,

I didn't know anything about him either until I checked it out.

In the opening of the old IC show he did some gymnastic moves that I thought were done by a stand-in, I was wrong!

I think that is why Alton Brown is never seen with him.....He is SCARED of getting his butt kicked!!

I also agree that the right person was sent home. She is a sweetheart but doesn't have much appeal on camera.

I think it's going to be a very hard decision to choose from the people that are left. All of them have something special. I hear about many people loving Debbie.

Richard, Now that I look at the Chairman, he really looks familiar. Alton Brown stays pretty quiet(acts intimidated) around everybody. He seems like a dynamic personality but I think it's a front.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

http://www.primalgrill.org/

Has anyone ever paid attention to this guy?

I like him beacuse I he makes me laugh.

There is nothing irritating about him.

He presents the food with none of the stories about stealing recipes, where he ate it, where he went to eat it.......He just gets into the cooking and is basically boring.

He does remind me of a university professor doing a cut and dry version of his class. You know the kind-I wrote the text, so pay attention!

He does cook some bizarre stuff. He just did a BBQed eggplant and some kind of Indian/cheese kabob!

Strange, but worth a look?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.