Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

The Next Food Network Star begins June 7th ... same three judges as last summer.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Saw this week's Iron Chef challenge - did anyone else catch it? The secret ingredient was butter - so it was particularly interesting to me, as I could actually have eaten many of the offerings! And it was an interesting outcome ...
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Saw this week's Iron Chef challenge - did anyone else catch it? The secret ingredient was butter - so it was particularly interesting to me, as I could actually have eaten many of the offerings! And it was an interesting outcome ...
    I saw it last night. I didn't know what they could do to enhance the butter to make it the main taste. BOY!! Did they surprise me!! Those dishes they made looked wonderful. I'm glad it was a tie.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I can't hold out on this any longer. I have to mention it.

Complaint Number 1
    Chopped: I like this show but I'm really put off by the obvious nastiness of some of the chefs. I can't get past how they handle the food. It's all hands and some of them seem unclean.

The show with the guy double dipping bothered me so much, I'll think twice before going to a restaurant again. It was a rerun on Sunday. I didn't like that guy at all because of his attitude but the DD really put me over the edge.

Complaint Number 2
    Ace of Cakes: I have the same problem with this show. They treat the cakes like they're not going to be eaten. Unfortunately, they are usually eaten. I can't believe some of the things that go on in close proximity to the cakes on the shelf or in progress.
    I also look at some of the workers and wonder when they last washed their hair, etc. None of them are wearing hair nets or any other protective gear.

The business caters to alot of wealthy people. I wonder if they actually watch the show?

Karen: What do you think of the new Aaron MsCargo shows? Anybody else watch it? He has gotten a bit theatrical on some of them.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Did anyone see the insert in the Sunday paper? It's the USA WEEKEND advert..
    On the second page they do a little Q&A thing and someone wrote in about Robert Irvine. THey asked why he disappeared for a while and it explained what happened and how the fans the show got him to come back!

----------------------------------------------------

What is the matter with AG from Chopping Block?

One of the chefs dropped a piece of meat on the floor......He then served up the meat and after the judges sampled it, she asked if he did serve the meat that was dropped on the floor!

He did and they ate it!

Here comes the NFNS and the commercials with the contestants are a hoot.

Gosh, they all want to win so badly!

---------------

I saw a part of the Sandra Lee 'How much does this meal cost' show.

Ugh, enough with the penny pinching. Every thing she touched was broken down to the cent. Very obnoxious to ring up every ingredient and total it up after the meal is cooked.

"This meal cost 7.85 to make and each person eats for......"

Enough! Cook and look good!

-------------

I watched part of the Hamburger Cookoff the other day.

I wish I had time to dream up something like a Peanut Butter/Licorice hamburger with green tomato/black olive salsa. Oh, did I mention the pepper jack cheese?

EWW, some of those concoctions were vile!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Did anyone see the insert in the Sunday paper? It's the USA WEEKEND advert..
    On the second page they do a little Q&A thing and someone wrote in about Robert Irvine. THey asked why he disappeared for a while and it explained what happened and how the fans the show got him to come back!

----------------------------------------------------

What is the matter with AG from Chopping Block?

One of the chefs dropped a piece of meat on the floor......He then served up the meat and after the judges sampled it, she asked if he did serve the meat that was dropped on the floor!

He did and they ate it!
    I did see the Robert Irvine thing. It said the fans brought him back. He's doing a good job.

What is wrong with Alex Groanacelli on Chopping Block?? Hmmmmmm......she's got serious personality disorder issues. She scares me. One minute she's smiling broadly and the next minute she looks like a serial killer. That is one weird lady.

That segment where the meat gets dropped and the chef uses it, really shows me that that was all theatrical and rehearsed. Why on earth would the guy drop meat and use it? In any setting, I would hope he would just throw it away. Especially when people are watching him and it's on camera!! It's all part of the show.

I am really looking forward to NFNS this Sunday. YAY!!

I also saw the hamburger show. I can't imagine where those people get those ideas. What's wrong with a good old fashioned burger with normal toppings?

I saw the commercial where Sandra Lee talks about feeding our children. She mentions that sometimes she didn't know where her next meal would come from. I don't remember her bio mentioning her family had it that bad.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post

I saw the commercial where Sandra Lee talks about feeding our children. She mentions that sometimes she didn't know where her next meal would come from. I don't remember her bio mentioning her family had it that bad.
    I saw her FN bio and it left me with more ???? than answers.

Now, I was obssessed, for all of three seconds about her being married...and I finally went in search of the answer.

I noticed that she wore a nice gold band-I find that the HUGE platinum hoops with giant pieces of carbon on a hand while a person cooks as being totally ridiculous- and thought, "Hmm, I wonder who she is married to?

I came across this article - funny because I too find the part where she gets all silly about the drinks a hoot.

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=is+sandra+l...-or-treat.html

I have always thought that she'd walk out to ask the pool boy if he wanted to share a pitcher of Bloody Marys..."Don't worry about getting drunk, my husband is out of town!"

She is/was married and apparently her hubby is very well off. There was another particulary vicious article that was pretty critical of her and her marriage. I'll pan my faves and have fun with it, after all, they are my entertainment!

----------------------

Normal hamburger, normal toppings?

Come out to Cah Lee Fun nee Ah- YOu can find some vile crap on some of our menus.

LOL, remember we GRILL our lettuce out here!

---------------

I found a pic of her hubby..

It's about halfway thru the article...

I don't watch Bizarre Foods, but have seen enough clips to make me think, whenever I encounter some weird food, what would Zimmern think?
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    I don't watch Bizarre Foods, but have seen enough clips to make me think, whenever I encounter some weird food, what would Zimmern think?
    You have to watch it!

It's a total gas. The only time I was grossed out was the by the wood worms in the Phillipines..

But then there was balut....and the stinking tofu..but, There WAS the tanantulas. And, I am not too fond of scorpions.

And the donkey in China!

BBQed grubs sounded and looked nasty!!!!! Wow, what about the.....

Last I heard, Sandra Lee was living with Gordon Elliot. He's the producer of her show and Paula Deen's, etc. I don't know if it's true.

That article is a hoot. I never realized she was married. Between what she's earned and what she got out of that marriage.......WOW!!! She's worth a bundle. I have to say I like her alot more than I used to. She stopped rolling her "L's" so much and her show isn't too bad. I really enjoy the shortcuts she takes and I think she has some great ideas.

The AZ show>>>>YUCK!!! That guy eats anything and everything. It repulses me.

Richard: I saw Pat and Gina Neely grilling lettuce the other day. Everybody picked it up from you guys!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

New season of "Next Food Network Star" starts tomorrow!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    New season of "Next Food Network Star" starts tomorrow!
    I said this before, see if it fits this time around.

Do all the cooking/competition shows recycle thru the same personalities for every season?

The Eurasian gal, a black chickie babe, the nerd, the fat guy with the idiot hair cut (tattoos?), the slight blonde mouse, the high class twit, the southern dude with the accent and alligator recipes....do I go on?

Oh, I forgot the idiot that 'talks' to/about food -remember the guy from last year that BF didn't like because he was the 'Food Whisperer'?

Can't wait!

I watched NFNS last night. I thought this group was a little more talented than the last few seasons but I had to take it back as the show progressed.

Brett was on my nerves from the beginning. I think the big guy with the glasses could be entertaining at times, the good looking guy is too much with the attitude, the black girl seems sweet, the girl that made the apple tarts is a little flaky but ok so far. I can't remember anybody else. Oh yea, Debbie, the Korean/American girl. Why was she acting the way she did after they got back from shopping? Her way of shopping was ridiculous. Just fill up the carts and forget about what you really need?

That FN group was at their very arrogant best. Giada seemed bored. Why didn't she just stay home?

Did anybody else watch last night? What did you think?

That pound cake dessert was so lame, I know this show is all made up. Nobody in their right mind would serve that with a straight face. $1200 to spend and you can't get a decent dessert out of that?

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

We watched last night - I do think they could have come up with something better for the dessert - it looked, seemed and was an afterthought. A whole kitchen full of cooks and no one could do better than that?

It does seem like an interesting group of people - the apple tarts didn't look that great, but everyone loved them, so they must have been better than they looked. The woman who made them does seem a bit too highly strung to last long. I don't see the 'nutritionist" lasting long either unless she does better with her food than a salad and just plain Swiss Chard.

It will be entertaining, anyway.
    I've Been Frosted