Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

Its funny the two shows i love nobody likes.

I love Paula's Home Cooking,I love the accent,She seems to be a fun person.

And i also like Diners Drive ins and Dives,I dont pay much attention to the way they act im more intrested in seeing all the little resturants,Some of the history on some of the resturants is amazing,The down fall is i always get real hungry watching these shows.

Lori, I agree with you on the Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. I've gotten to love the concept of the show. The food everyone cooks is so interesting. It really is a great show.

I almost forgot--If you're not hungry when you start watching it, you might be real hungry when you finish watching it.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I love any show, Like No Reservations on the Travel Channel, that go into restaurants or focus on the food or chef- MY problem with GF is that HE becomes the story and his manners while in the kitchens is a put off.

I mentioned a show where he wiped a sandwich all over his face - apparently he and the chef were going to share it- so he did it to get the whole thing for his nasty self.

I love the show premise, just cannot stand the host.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Jordan View Post
    Its funny the two shows i love nobody likes.

I love Paula's Home Cooking,I love the accent,She seems to be a fun person.

And i also like Diners Drive ins and Dives,I dont pay much attention to the way they act im more intrested in seeing all the little resturants,Some of the history on some of the resturants is amazing,The down fall is i always get real hungry watching these shows.
    I like both of those, too!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I love Good Eats. Can't hang with Rachel Ray, she's hyper and her voice is like nails on a chalkboard. Paula is OK but her sappy southern charm gives me too much of a sugar buzz and I can get the same charm from just about anyone around here, LOL. I don't think I've seen Giada's show, and I honestly think Guy Fieri wouldn't have a job if he looked like everyone else. Good Eats is the show I watch the most on Food, but I really like No Reservations and Bizarre foods on Travel

I decided to watch Aaron McCargo's show today. I think it was pretty good. He did all Greek food. He wasn't too theatrical and I saw some of the old Aaron that we loved in the beginning. Most everything he cooks looks delicious but sometimes greasy. I would love to taste some of the dishes he made today.

GF is Mr. "I Am The Center of Attention". He wants it no other way. I don't get the big bite thing. It could be a food description(I guess?) but he literally tries to eat the whole thing at once. He looks like such a slob when he does that. He gets to the point of wasting food to be cute. It's not attractive.

He really seems to be a nice guy but we could do without the drama. If he could be himself, he would be fine, in my book.
    On the other hand......that show he had on last night. I think it was "Guy's Big Night", or something like that. He was acting so far over the top, I almost think he's on drugs. Where does he get this energy?
    I also didn't see his wife in the audience with the rest of the family. She must not like the limelight.

I suppose the FN needs some of their stars to be like that but he is so intense, I had to turn it to something else.

I think Paula Deen is too heavy with the Southern Belle routine. I respect the fact that she's probably worth millions but she needs to cut the drama too.

I like RR's show when she goes on vacation. What a job. Her and her husband travel around and eat like kings. Her 30 minute show is too much. I hope the new ones(if there are new ones) will be more tolerable. She had that throat condition and I think she's had to slow down with the talking.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I just watched a rerun of "Chopped". I have to say it again.......I love the show but I can't take anymore of Alex Groanacelli.

Can she be anymore obnoxious or arrogant? She was shedding tears at the end so I gave into her a little but not much.

I think I desperately need a FN fan to tell me something good about her so I can try to learn to like her.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post

Can she be anymore obnoxious or arrogant? She was shedding tears at the end so I gave into her a little but not much.

I think I desperately need a FN fan to tell me something good about her so I can try to learn to like her.

I think she is more unlikeable than not.

I did watch her program today-it was a rerun of the 'tomato' show she did-Check out her arm movements-RR has the spastic "St Vitus Dance" AG has the refined hand movements of a ballerina/gymnast!

She is very out there.

The hispanic guy is another smug dude. I find him to be annoyingly amusing.

I watched Aaron McCargo again today. His show seemed better again. Is anybody watching it?

I just finished watching "Chopped". I think Alex was overshadowed tonight by the other two judges. Those are some arrogant people judging on that show. Alex looked like a kindergarten kid next to them.
    Again tonight, the basket contents are so uncommon from each other, it takes a magician to make them edible together.
    One of the segments had canned creamed corn. I don't like it at all. I was totally impressed that they doctored it and were able to add it to their dishes pretty successfully. Something I never would have thought of in a million years.

Maybe we could start a thread of recipes for canned cream corn. Yuck!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I watched Aaron McCargo again today. His show seemed better again. Is anybody watching it?

I just finished watching "Chopped". I think Alex was overshadowed tonight by the other two judges. Those are some arrogant people judging on that show. Alex looked like a kindergarten kid next to them.
    Again tonight, the basket contents are so uncommon from each other, it takes a magician to make them edible together.
    One of the segments had canned creamed corn. I don't like it at all. I was totally impressed that they doctored it and were able to add it to their dishes pretty successfully. Something I never would have thought of in a million years.

Maybe we could start a thread of recipes for canned cream corn. Yuck!!!
    I like corn. And I'm not allergic to it!

Is Aaron's show really better? Maybe I will DVR it next week, if you say so!
    I've Been Frosted

I bet you love corn, Karen!! YAY!! Something you can eat. I love corn too but not that canned creamed corn. I think it tastes weird. My mother makes a delicious southern creamed corn that's to die for.

I think Aaron is pretty humble, for the most part. I love his recipes and the soft side of his personality. He's a chef and not a performer. Maybe FN decided to tone him down. Watch it and see what you think.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I bet you love corn, Karen!! YAY!! Something you can eat. I love corn too but not that canned creamed corn. I think it tastes weird.

LOL, CC is another thing I grew up with. CC, SPAM and Mac and Cheese....I could grow old and never eat them again, But, I when I do I think of my poor Dad...

------------

Did anyone watch CHOPPING BLOCK?

What was that all about, and why are all European restauranteurs patently evil?

The judge/host looked like he smelled-HAHAHAHAHAHA-my mom used that saying when she saw someone on the tube that looked relatively unkempt.

--------------
    I'll give AM another chance this weekend!

I can't wait to hear what all you guys think of AM's show. Comments welcome.

I had Chopping Block on and I got a phone call. I missed the whole show.

I've never really eaten Spam. I think it has almost a cult following(if I can call it that). There are Spam festivals, etc. Some people love it. There are all kinds of recipes. Maybe I need to check that out too.

How did you eat it, Richard? Plain, fried, in a casserole ? What are the ingredients in it?

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Laughing Uncontrollably~~

Give Spam a chance.

Right now I'm pretty hungry. That Spam sandwich is looking pretty good.

Thanks, Blue.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!