Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

I also heard that Emeril was bought out by Martha Stewart. I'm not sure what's going on. I have a very good friend that grew up with him in Massachusetts. I need to ask her if she knows the skinny on it

Does anybody know if Giada is still pregnant? I haven't heard anything.

Can anybody tell I have a career in watching tv these days?

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

There is an article about Giada on the Today Show website. I just saw it yesterday. Go to www.msnbc.com and click on "Today Show". If I remember correctly, her baby is due in April.

Thanks for the link, Logan

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I love all the cooking shows. Like all else in life, I take away from it what I find useful/helpful and discard the rest.

I love watching the challenges, and find myself getting anxious as the clock draws to a close. LOL, lots of excitement in food, you know.

I like watching the Take Home Chef, too, as he cooks in plain kitchens, and it is usually a simple meal that can be adapted to something I might eat.

Anyone get Cook's Illustrated? I love that magazine, as well as the Cooking Light.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL,

Rachel ray cooks for her pets.

One program devoted to RR and her cooking skills for her dog.

Here, let me tell you what happens.

She makes some recipes that are Yummo and Delish -INSERT THE JOKER"S GRIN HERE- and good for your pets.

I can hardly wait until she starts cooking for her Bearded Dragon and Goldfish.

-----------------------

I am waiting for the Jump the Shark episode - She comes up short and ends up as a "STOUP" for a Great White.

Because they only air for a half hour or an hour... they aren't going to show all the little details and have to cut corners in some places to squeeze the show in.

I do love Iron Chef though

but mostly I was BBCA for Gordon Ramsays shows

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I've got to agree with Richard on this one. We were just having this discussion in my vinaculture class the other day, that food network has gone Hollywood.

First of all, Rachael Ray is not a chef and that is very obvious. Being able to COOK a meal in 30 minutes doesn't warrant you a TV show. Her books get terrible reviews because she has expensive ingredients that aren't available to everyone.

To answer someone's question, washing meat before it's cooked isn't necessary because the heat kills any bacteria that's on it, but it should be cooked to the proper internal temperature.

The long sleeves (like any chef coat) are meant to protect the chef's arms from burns and to keep the skin away from food. They shouldn't be big and flappy though.

As for the fussy pony tail girl, you, as the consumer, have every right to ask that person to wash her hands before serving you.

Emeril is a great chef....just ask him! Seriously though, he's not that good either. He gives a lot of incorrect and inaccurate information.

I can't stand that delicioso show. If I have to get one more close up of that woman's chest as her shirt's poor buttons are pushed to their limits, I swear I'll vomit. She has no right to be the host of a cooking show! Being latin doesn't automatically make us a good cook. I'm on the same line of thought with Giada. I hate that in one sentance she'll use an Italian word and pronounce it with the Italian accent, then in the same breath, she'll say it without it. Either use the accent or don't!

I love the challenge shows and I also love Alton Brown. He's about the only one who's worth a darn on that network. He's very accurate. I don't even like Duff Goldman as a cake decorator. He's not that great. His staff is, but not him personally.

I think Ina Garten is pretty good, but I'm just a little concerned that she entertains a lot of men and her husband is out of town a lot!!!!

I think I'll get off my soap box now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

Quote Originally Posted by Lobodeb
    I'm on the same line of thought with Giada. I hate that in one sentance she'll use an Italian word and pronounce it with the Italian accent, then in the same breath, she'll say it without it. Either use the accent or don't!
    The way she says "pancetta" drives me batty! And always flashing those teeth, tossing her head back w/uproarious laughter, as though she's telling an inside joke. Enough already. Just cook the damned bacon.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

"I love that blonde lady from the deep south...her name escapes me now. Everything is "y'all". "So just slide them in the pan y'all". Her heavy accent is so cute but man does she ever cook with pounds of butter. Maybe that's the way they cook down there?"

To answer your question: yes, most of our foods down here contain lots of butter and spice. Especially hot sauce. In a real suthern dinner, people who are not used to the food will have a stomach ache real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa
    The way she says "pancetta" drives me batty! And always flashing those teeth, tossing her head back w/uproarious laughter, as though she's telling an inside joke. Enough already. Just cook the damned bacon.

PAHN CHETTA..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHa

I hear you.

-----------------

Does anyone remember the Next TV Food Network Star program?

There was a challenge where the contestants went on a radio show.
    Jag, the heavyset ex-serviceman, made a comment about the network not having any 'ethnic' hosts or shows. When he came back to the studios, the VP -I think his name is Bob Tuschman- tore him a new one about his comments. At that point, I knew that there was going some kind of changes in the schedule. Later when comparing notes about the show with a friend I told them that there would be some kind of Hispanic/Latin TV show put together. What about the Neelys?

Political correctness really bites.

Again, All 'latin' cooking isn't about plantains, black beans, guava or chipotle chiles.

Being Mexican I have eaten tons of chiles... I have tasted black beans and plantians once and drank about 5 cans of guava nectar IN MY LIFE!

The crap that woman cooks is all based on sweet, sugary rubs and bases.

Save the pineapple for the upside down cakes-not the Mexican Goat Meat Sashimi :eek....that grossed me out...

-------------
    Paula Deen drops her accent more than her butter.
    -------------

I like Brown until the pig's foot incident.

When he took his South to North motorcycle trip he was in the south and at a roadside stop.

Somehow, he had a HUGE pickled pig's foot in his hand. Apparently, Milquetoast wasn't fond of the pig's foot so he manuevered over to a trashcan and dropped it in...

(Also, check out the part of the trip where he comes across head cheese and is never seen to take a bite...)

Right before Christmas he does a TV spot for the TVFN charity...

"There are kids that need your donations......"

Pig's feet aren't part of the food pyramid but I am sure some kid, somewhere, wouldn't mind a pig's foot...I know, but I was brought up with the mindset of NOT WASTING ANY FOOD.

It really takes some nerve toss food into a trash can as part of your TV show, then beg for donations for a charity.

Try cutting back on the Giant Indonesian Prawn Stir Fry, Use cheaper shrimp and donate the difference.

------------

In the few shows that I have seen of the Duff Goldman train wreck I have never seen anyone eat the cakes.

Why does fondant look like styrofoam and how much cake do they waste when carving out the shapes?

Have you had the Georgio & Tony food show yet? Not sure how well they cook really, but Georgio looks fantastic and is always laughing. Just watching him and I'm in a better mood. Reminds me of the good old days.

I think you'd either love him or hate him.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

OH OH OH!

On the Discovery Home Channel there is a guy that owns a farm and cooks, he's called the Manic Organic something.....

DHC has some really good cooking programs on.

----------

Randi,
    What channels or a website?

--------

And what is with the TVFN rip off of the Take Home Chef?

Hockey player, model, chef and ????

No harm meant, but why are all these guys accented and have goofy hair?

It's on BBC here, but it may be on a different channel in the UK and other places.

Can’t find much now, but here’s a bit of info - there's another picture in the first link (a bit down on the left - the book cover)

http://uktv.co.uk/food/item/aid/530464

http://www.bbc.co.uk/communicate/arc...io/page2.shtml

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I do like Paula Deen. She's very likeable and she seems to be a lot of fun. But her recipes are so heavily laden w/butter and fat, I can hear my left ventricle slamming shut just watching her program.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh man,

I saw the end of Good Eats and AB was wrapping a standing rib roast with string that came from a ball that was sitting on the floor.

Guy Fieri was in a Mexican restaurant while a woman was cooking a pot of menudo. He started out with his hand on the rim of the pot she was using.
    In one of the next shots he was resting his forearm across the rim.

Nice.