Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

PROGRAM ALERT

This Sunday was the contest that Deen and Fieri were supposed to host before the NASCAR race. You'll probably see it later on in the year, but there will be some kind of tie in in the prerace program....keep your eyes peeled!

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    First time I've ever seen Giada was today.

It's the first time I've ever WANTED clams or oysters. She made it look so easy!
    I love Giada! Her food is amazing. I made a few of her dishes for my assistant's birthday and mother's day this year.

Warm Vegetable Salad

Chicken Scallopine with Saffron Cream Sauce
    This was good with rice for the sauce as well.

They sound a little involved, but they are REALLY easy!

LOL,

Why do I torture myself so?

I tuned into Booby Flake's program this morning as background noise-he had on some Texas gal and they were cooking pork steaks.

The gal starts to make her 'signature' BBQ sauce and BF has to interject his three cents in about it. HE wants it spicy hot so while she is making up the sauce part of her recipe he tosses out some different chili powder for her to put in.

The next thing that made me laugh was the "grilled" potatoe recipe. The woman thinly slices some potatoes and is going to put them on the BBQ. Before she puts them on to cooks she says, "Now I am going to take my grilled potatoes and put them on the grill."

I thought, they aren't grilled -yet, so how can they be grilled potatoes?

My last thing was about the Weber Grill top. Twice during the show Flay took the top off of the domed Weber he uses, and put it on the floor while he checked on the food.

--------------

Oh, I flipped the tube back on and saw the Cooking for Real woman make the roasted corn with the mayo slathered all over it.

Now I want corn and have none in the house!

Richard I watched that one too.

I have to say - her grilled pears sounded yummy.

Her pork steaks looked much tastier than his cuban style pork sandwich thingies. I don't think I would like pickles grilled with my pork.

I have officially become a food network addict.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    PROGRAM ALERT

This Sunday was the contest that Deen and Fieri were supposed to host before the NASCAR race. You'll probably see it later on in the year, but there will be some kind of tie in in the prerace program....keep your eyes peeled!
    I wasn't in the room so I wasn't exactly "watching" but I heard it!

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    I wasn't in the room so I wasn't exactly "watching" but I heard it!
    Dang, I missed it.

I'll have to wait for the TVFN program you know is coming!

----------------

GF had his son on the show. What is the deal with the wristbands? His kid wears one to.

SM,

The Cubano style of sandwich is pressed like a paninni and the pickles are always part of it. Never had one, but pork. in a sandwich, is really good.

I didn't pay too much attention to the episode, but I did notice that the woman didn't bother to strain or make her sauce "smooth"- I am not a fan of any sauces that have stuff floating around in it.

I saw that Booby Flake show too. It was a rerun. That show was a comedy of errors. She almost flipped some food right off the grill, several times. Those potatos were questionable from the beginning.

Has anybody ever tried that squash she had? The green ones. There are so many things I don't know about.

I thought it was rather strange that she didn't come prepared to make the so called BBQ sauce. Richard, I'm with you. I like sauce as sauce. That stuff of her's was weird. Booby was handing her spices that he wasn't even sure what they were.
    I also got the sense that he felt he was being outdone by her a couple of times. He hates to be outdone by a woman.

I saw GF's son on too. Ok....the young man is wearing an armband and his Dad is wearing a matching one. Hmmmm......how old is his Dad? Grow up Guy!!! I can never imagine GF as a husband and father. Holy Cow!!!

I have to say it again, I love the Chef Jeff Project. Personally, I think he cuts some of the kids too much slack but he doesn't want to make them backslide. Well, some of them are backsliding anyway.

I really love the show.

I can't wait for the Thanksgiving special where we see the Iron Chefs competing.

I am also seriously addicted.

Doggone it!!! I missed the NASCAR thing too. I watched te race but missed that.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    Has anybody ever tried that squash she had? The green ones. There are so many things I don't know about.

I have to say it again, I love the Chef Jeff Project. Personally, I think he cuts some of the kids too much slack but he doesn't want to make them backslide. Well, some of them are backsliding anyway.

I really love the show.

I can't wait for the Thanksgiving special where we see the Iron Chefs competing.

I am also seriously addicted.

Doggone it!!! I missed the NASCAR thing too. I watched te race but missed that.

The green squash is called Chayote (Chai oh teh). My dad loved them and I haven't had any for a while. Again, you can find them in a regular store out here, but may have problems in different areas of the country.

Flay has this little 'thing' that he does when someone makes a suggestion that is better than his he'll look down and away from the person. I noticed that on the Throwdown programs. On TD, when the gals have a better thought than he does, he does get a little attitude.

I like the CJP but have to cringe when I hear the kids talk. I use the captioning feature on my TV set and when I see that the transcription is verbatim It drives me crazy. I am a stickler for kids being well spoken.
    I gots a real problem wit dat.

---------
    And speaking of squash?

Last year I didn't pay too much attention to the holiday FN programs last year- I guess they had one where all the hosts show up on set with a dish and they sit down and eat- I guess RR showed up with some pumpkin soup-my mom had watched it and was very irritated that the other chefs came with some elaborate dishes and RR showed up with puree'd squash.

I guess she really does practice frugal food preparation.
    Last edited by RICHARD; 11-03-2008 at 07:54 PM.

I had a real problem with the lady with four kids telling all the lies last night on CJP. What's up with that and why is she still there? Then there was the kid that was appointed leader and didn't show up. Jeff gave them both the day off--I would have made them stay. I think they wanted the day off--that was their intent.

I also have a problem with the kids talking the way they do.

Thanks for the info on the green squash, Richard. I see it here in the stores. Maybe I'll try it. We have a large Hispanic population here. We're able to find alot of foods that would be used in Hispanic homes more readily. I have a Mexican grocery store a half mile from here.

I forgot to mention.......did anybody catch the Guy Fieri Big Bite show the other day when he went to pour soda in something and shook up the bottle? It was hilarious. He mumbled, "Why did I do that", and tried to cover it up. At least he had the good sense to let the bottle sit before he uncapped it. I still think Guy has way too many things going on. He still seems to be dominating the network.

I saw another cooking show yesterday on PBS. I didn't know the chef. She made a salad with raw potatoes. I never thought you could eat raw potatoes.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Did anyone catch the Giada episode where she is cooking with a woman in a brown shirt/top?

Talk about obnoxious.

The gal was making some pasta and GD was getting a little irritated about whe was the woman was cooking the dish. The woman had a accent, I take it she was from Italy, and was cooking A traditional dish of pasta. GF was hovering over her- More cheese? Put some green in the dish! Add my meatballs! The woman held her ground and GF got a little put off by the whole thing, she got snitty and went to sit down while the woman finished the dish.

It was really funny to watch her get an attitude because the woman wouldn't budge from her recipe.

Did anyone catch the Giada episode where she is cooking with a woman in a brown shirt/top?

Talk about obnoxious.

The gal was making some pasta and GD was getting a little irritated about whe was the woman was cooking the dish. The woman had a accent, I take it she was from Italy, and was cooking A traditional dish of pasta. GF was hovering over her- More cheese? Put some green in the dish! Add my meatballs! The woman held her ground and GF got a little put off by the whole thing, she got snitty and went to sit down while the woman finished the dish.

It was really funny to watch her get an attitude because the woman wouldn't budge from her recipe.
    I didn't see it but she really does get upset if someone doesn't go along with her. She thinks she's the only chef in the world. Yada yada yada.......

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    I didn't see it but she really does get upset if someone doesn't go along with her. She thinks she's the only chef in the world. Yada yada yada.......
    She was really a tool, She'd suggest something for the dish and when the woman said 'no' to her, she'd look into the camera, smile with the "I cannot believe she'd turn down my ideas" attitude.

LOL, I just cannot turn it off.....I may have to go for intervention!

She was really a tool, She'd suggest something for the dish and when the woman said 'no' to her, she'd look into the camera, smile with the "I cannot believe she'd turn down my ideas" attitude.

LOL, I just cannot turn it off.....I may have to go for intervention!
    It's no big surprise to any of us that she would react this way. Poor little thang has never known the word "rejection" in her life.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

BATTLE HAM!

I'll get hammered for this, But I have to post it anyway.

I loved Iron Chef when it was the original......Fuke-San! I would run thru the GF's place trying to get her attention by yelling that!

This version runs me hot and cold. I like the 'secret ingredients" but find that the ICA chefs a little more conceited and the guest judges too flamboyant for me at times.

Last night I watched the HAM BATTLE-like who really is the loser?

The pig that died to be on TV, the chef that drops the challege or Alton Brown?

The judges were Mark Ekco, Ted Allen and some gal that I have seen before on the panel and I have to say that I was CAPTIVATED by her. LOL< let me run down my judging the judges?

Ecko looks like he smells, You'd think a 'fashion' maven would dress-or know how to dress himself appropriately. He wore a cap and t-shirt. I know he wore his own clothes from the line, but I was shocked that they didn't let him wear an overpriced T-shirt with his name/company on it.
    I can do a really good Ted Allen imitation - so I'll pass on him. The woman, I know her initials are KB-I remember that from the chyron the had on the screen when AB spoke to her.

Anyway, I was obsessed with her cleavage. LOL, bear with me, it has to do with food, trust me! I was trying to figure out what her nationality/background is, She reminded me of a woman I worked with years ago. She was Iranian, was stunning and had ample 'assests' like the judge.
    The dress the judge was wearing was low cut, It wasn't really trashy and you would have to be "special" to wear it and not look cheap.

Anyway, when they first introduced her I stopped and thought to myself, "WTF happens if she drops something on herself?"

Now, I know that probably is the last thing you may think about during a cooking show, but, I am a man, I like ham, women and..........I like food..

Now, being the idiot I am I stayed up until they fed the judges just on the off chance gravity came a' calling- I wanted to see her dig that morsel out.

Just a second?

God? Please forgive me for having impure thoughts during the Iron Chef Ham Battle. Mom always taught me not to play at the table or mess around with my food, or act stupid while eating but this woman's cleavage was really distracting! AMEN.

After a mega-second I realized that I would never get to see that, and if it happened it would go onto a blooper reel somewhere, so I went to bed
    and never found out who won the Battle Ham and the Battle Gravity.

But, for some strange reason, I have a hankering for some ham at the moment........

-----------

I saw the Chef Jeff program where he took the kids to eat the seafood at the farmer's market.

That was funny and sad at the same time. To think that there are people out there who live in a state next to the ocean who have never tried shellfish.

We would go camping by the beach in Mexico growing up and my dad would go pick mussels off the rocks and cook them up......

It really makes me think about the people who think a Filet-o-Fish sandwich from Mickey D's is seafood!

LOL LOL LOL You never stop cracking me up, Richard.

I saw Battle Ham too. My first thought was that every dish would automatically be loaded with fat and cholesterol but that's the norm.
    With ham, what else is there?
    In my feebleness(is that a word?)I can't remember who the Iron Chef was. Cat Cora I think. Anyway...the Iron Chef was the winner by one point.

I love Alton Brown but his voice during that show is really starting to annoy me. He never shuts up.

I had also forgotten who the judges were but I think it must have been the lady that always shows plenty of cleavage. FN website probably has some info about her.
    I like Ted Allen. He's always gracious. Ecko did not impress me in the least. Was he stuck up or what? I was also questioning the t-shirt. It was a cheesy move to let him wear that at best.

CJP The young man puking almost put me over the edge. I was irritated that the chef made them taste things whether they wanted to or not. I understand her reasoning but for heaven's sake. The kid was turning gray from the thoughts of it. Of course it was national tv so I know it was more for show than anything.

Has anybody seen the new Barefoot Contessa shows yet? It's on here on Saturday at 1:30 p.m. I have missed it every week so far. It's been a long time coming. I was surprised to hear she actually made new shows.

What exactly is that thing inside the Filet-O-Fish? It is pretty sad that some people think that's all there is to seafood. In my opinion, there is nothing better on this earth than an excellent seafood meal.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!