Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    I agree. Lisa cries over everything. That makeup and squinting expression does nothing for her. What's with all that white concealer she uses?

I also like Aaron alot. I really hope he gets it. FN doesn't have a single black man on a show do they? I think he could be really enjoyable to watch. He seems down to earth.

Elyse, RR has been looking very puffy in the face and neck lately for some reason. She also looks heavier around the backside.
    On the other, I thought Paula Deen looked a little thinner on the South Beach show. Maybe it was what she was wearing.

We finally got to see Giada pregnant. She didn't look like she had gained an ounce.

Is it just me or do women seem to be in love/lust with Booby Flake? Other than here on PT that is.
    Yeah.. Lisa's white concealer. Blech. And on her bio, it says she was a former "beauty queen". Did they not teach her how to do her makeup??

As for people of color, all I've seen are the Neely's. I like the hubby. He's a hottie!!! The wife is a pain. She's all girly girly, and when he was reminiscing about catching fish with his grandpa the other night, she was making all these faces and says "Oh, I told you, I am not a fan of the outdoors" or something like that. He just stared at her, like he had just met her!!

There was another grill guy that had been on before that was black. Booby probably insisted that he get off the channel.

Yep... definitely lacking in the people of color category. I'm counting the greeks and italians in the white category as well, cause, well, they're too darn pale!

I think part of Rachael Ray's issue with the looking heavier is, one, yes, she looks heavier, but she's also wearing those "in fashion" baby doll tops that cinch at the bust and then flow to the waist. They can be cute, but on her, she looks heavy and small chested.

Giada is just beautiful. Gosh. I mean, she is pretty, and sweet, and funny. I haven't seen her be mean or spiteful. Although she was kinda mooning over Booby Flake on the South Beach show, and I wanted to barf.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm771921920/tt0177789

-------------

If they ever rerun the Giada versus Ray Iron Chef challenge check out the clip of Giada's face when they announce RR as the winner.

She does this eye roll thing that's funny, and she didn't like Kelsey's "bubbly personality".

My new drinking game is the GD show and the word 'beautiful'!

OMG.. I did see that!!! I remember those voices, lol, and the Sigourney Weaver part with those "cute little aliens" who end up looking like they have shark teeth!

From Bob Tuschman's Web log: "Adam's food is flawless. Adam was the overwhelming crowd favorite for both his food and his performance. Adam’s pork chops were voted best overall dish of the day. The tough-to-please Wynn Chefs thought Adam’s menu had the best flavors and most variety of the day. Now you know why I’ve been fighting for Adam all these weeks.

"Bobby goes back to his hotel room before the audience rating cards were tallied. When we send him a text message to tell him that Adam’s dishes were both the crowd’s and Wynn chef’s favorites, Bobby’s reply is instantaneous: “Don’t even go there.” Let’s just say Bobby has not been Adam’s biggest fan."

I think Bob is DEFINITELY Adam's fan! And I am too! He looked so good in his tux! Go, Adam, go! Send Lisa packing, puh-leeze!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Bobby just stinks. I can't stand him.

Heaven forbid there be another griller on the show who has presence and a personality.

I like the fact that Bob Tuschman's blog is so open about Bobby's behavior and attitude though.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    OH, I had forgotten the 'many small bowls of pre measured, perfectly centered and perfectly placed around the "mother bowl".

That is a peeve I was able to work through, By cooking as sloppily as I can.
    Sous chef?

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Sous chef?

Nope, Food 'Stylist'!

-----------------------
    Who is this?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...0px-Raypic.jpg

Damned if I know, but he's freaking hot!

Who is he?

Can ya introduce me, Richard?!

He is really cute!! Who is he, Richard?

I love Pat Neely too. He is so cute. If I were to ever get married again, Pat is my type. What a sweetheart!! Gina is so lucky to have him.
    Gina is a whole other story:

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Oh, Pat Neely just makes me melt. He's got those big, soft, brown eyes. His voice is lovely, and he's built like a god.

When Gina was all "ew, fishing, ew, fish guts" I just thought "TAKE ME!!"

I could watch him for hours. Ahhhhhhh...

bobby flay is stupid and has no clue when it comes to crab cakes. How DARE he try to "dis" Baltimore cakes when he doesn't even get it right!!! Oh right, potatoes in crab cakes? As if.... Stupid AH I miss Justin Wilson
    ~ at least I'm not...

LB,

Ah, JW was a hoot, wasn't he?

G, double Oh D.

----------

LOL,

that pic is Ray Lewis, Baltimore Ravens criminal and linebacker, whenever I see the Neely dude I think of him.

I saw a new program today, It's on the Green/Discovery channel.

It's called Emeril Green. Emeril takes people who need help cooking.
    He walks them through a Whole Foods market and teaches them how to prepare meals or solve a food problem. He then uses the store kitchen area to cook the meal.

I watched a part of one show and Emeril almost took a hit for the show. He was standing to the right of the woman he was teaching how to chop mushrooms.

EL is started to reachg over to grab something off of the table and the woman took the knife she had in her hands and went under EL's out stretched arms.

He recoiled and then recovered, but he never stumbled.

Food programming is moving into the 'audience participation' mode and it's getting kinda sketchy for the hosts.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    OH, I had forgotten the 'many small bowls of pre measured, perfectly centered and perfectly placed around the "mother bowl".

That is a peeve I was able to work through, By cooking as sloppily as I can.
    I was watching "America's Test Kitchen" -- the host was preparing brown sugar cookies and had the wet ingredients mixed in a small bowl. She was ready to add the dry ingredients from a much larger bowl. I was sitting there thinking why she wouldn't have started the wet ingredients in the larger bowl when she said right out loud that under normal circumstances, that is exactly what she would have done. I thought of Richard's mother bowl! Hello, why would you not demonstrate what you want a home cook to do?! Oh, cooking shows. The other one that cracks me up is "Everyday Food" on PBS - they do the same thing! Every ingredient for every recipe is pristinely positioned in its own little cup or bowl for the cook to use in preparing the dish. That is NOT an enticement for me to try this at home.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Every ingredient for every recipe is pristinely positioned in its own little cup or bowl for the cook to use in preparing the dish. That is NOT an enticement for me to try this at home.
    That's the Martha Stewart influence.

------------------

OH LOLOLOLOL,

I just looked up at the TV and there was a clip of John McCain in a grocery store helping a woman shop. THe woman is wearing a purple top and has two kids.

He picked up a box of something and puts it into the basket for her.

He told her that he was filming a TV show and he would go to her house and cook a meal for her and a Republican guest. He was going to let her pay for the groceries but he'd bring his own bodyguards.

THe name of the program is "Take Home Candidate."

--------------