Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

About the NFNS-

I had to laugh at the first challenge. Cook your signature dish and make up another dish with your team mate.

Cooking is from the soul......It's love and care.

How can they judge a signature dish cooked in a half hour? Oh, I forgot, the Terrorist rachael ray can do it!

I failed the test....It takes me at least four hours to think about my signature dish.

I wouldn't even begin to know what my "signature dish" is - maybe my cookies, but I doubt that would count ... there'd have to be a "signature dish" in each category. But that's why I could never be on one of those shows.

I did guffaw at the "Lisa" creature looking down at Alton Brown, and then everyone else, when they "didn't get" her highfallutin' beauty-pageant-ish speech about what her "personal touch" is. Honey, if they, the people who actually make their living explaining food to the rest of us don't "get it" the problem isn't with them. It's you. I felt like quoting my mother at her, only this is usually said to a tantruming child "Honey, it's okay. You're all right, the world's all wrong," and leading her off stage. She doesn't understand that for the most part, no one cares that she can cook wearing high heels, but I'd love to be her podiatrist in a few years ... or orthopedist, when she destroys a knee by slipping on some kitchen spill in 4-inch heels ...
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    when she destroys a knee by slipping on some kitchen spill in 4-inch heels ...
    Oh, I loved her quote about being able to cook in heels!

And what was up with the 3 C's of cooking? That second one made me laugh, too! Cooking with community casseroles and connecting with concentric care, crock pots, cayenne, carrots, cream and concern!

---------

And what was with the snippy Giada? Is she the only woman cook who can be bubbly?

IF you go back to the Iron Chef program where she cooked against RR check out the "eye roll" she does when they announced she lost.....

Prima Donna?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

My sentiments exactly for everything said!! PD looked like she was wasted on that show. That is the ugliest wig I've ever seen. I was pretty sure we were about to see Paula and Rosie fall on the floor together. They were acting insane. PD has some real nasty habits. I'm always surprised that she finds so many men in the audience to go along with her raunchy shenanigans.

NFNS: Giada was obviously having a bad day?? She seems to have a real superior attitude during these events for some reason.

Who is it that falls in the kitchen? Which contestant? It looks like Lisa. I'm hoping she's gone asap. Not one of my favorites. What does community outreach have to do with gourmet cooking?

What can anybody cook in 30 minutes for real? I couldn't get over it. Nothing would get done. RR just looks like she's doing it in 30 minutes. We know better.

I have to admit that it's good entertainment for me. Watching those people scrambling to create something decent, within the guidelines, can be pretty tedious.

Good call on the woman they booted off. She was nothing but depressing. And....she's a comedian??

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    I have to admit that it's good entertainment for me. Watching those people scrambling to create something decent, within the guidelines, can be pretty tedious.

Good call on the woman they booted off. She was nothing but depressing. And....she's a comedian??

Oh, It's my sick pleasure too.

Yeah, the comedian was a sad sack!

I think it is the high-heel chickie babe that falls, also there is a clip they show of someone trying to open a glass jar by tapping the metal cap on the counter-the thing breaks....

---------------
    I went to my mom's house and she was watching How To Boil Water.

Florence was cooking a chicken dish. He prepped the meat on a cutting board.

He wipes it down with a dish towel after he clears it off. He makes the obligatory, "wash your hands after touching poultry", goes to the sink, washes his hands, goes back to the cutting board and dries his hands on the towel he used to wipe the board down.

DUDE, you just recontaminated your hands!

Richard, Ahhhh, the mistakes we catch while watching those shows. It's unreal!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Richard, Ahhhh, the mistakes we catch while watching those shows. It's unreal!!
    LOLOLOL,

I have an AOL account that I rarely use-it's more for email and stuff....I opened one up and the footed is a link to some TYLER FLORENCE COOKING link.

Why do I torture myself by watching Paula's Party??? It seems to be the only thing on. Rauchy raunchy raunchy. I think she successfully terrified the guests on last night's show. Poor Joe Nichols and Dionne(spelling?)Sanders. Those guys didn't know what to do. They were a couple of nervous wrecks. When she made DS eat that raw oyster, I lost it. ~~FLIP THE CHANNEL~~
    I couldn't make it to the end.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Why do I torture myself by watching Paula's Party??? It seems to be the only thing on.
    The black, bald headed guy? That's Deion 'primetime' Sanders. He played football with the Cowboys and the Falcons. He was a primma donna, BIGTIME!
    He didn't like to get hit on the field, so he retired to be an announcer.

I might want to see that episode.

I tend to turn the channel especially when the chefs do anything with the public. The TF 'visit good looking women at home show' is another winner.

There should be some kind of '5 foot rule for him'. The better looking the woiman, the farther he has to be from them.

------------------

I remember seeing one Emeril show where he was cooking seafood. This happened when he had the people sitting around the prep/cook area.

(Wow, about seven years ago!)

He would give out the plates to the people at the 'bar' to share with the rest of the audience behind them. He split a lobster and gave it to a couple to sample, he went off to cook something else, then came back later to see how the dish went over with the group in that section. He said something like, "How did everyone like it?'.then stopped because he noticed that the plate never left the couple. they scarfed down the whole thing themseleves. He made a comment like, "We'll never know!" and went on to another dish.

The other EL thing I don't care for is when he has a recipe's author in the audience and while he cooks their dish, he makes changes in it, You can see 'the love' on their faces when he puts his spin on the recipe!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

That was the black, bald headed guy. Dionne Sanders. He's the guy that played football and baseball at the same time. He and his gorgeous wife have about 5 or 6 kids. His wife is stunning. Paula was putting her hands all over him and I'm pretty sure his wife told her, "That's enough!". Can't blame her. I wouldn't want anybody's hands all over my man either.

Now, I'm watching for snafus on these shows. I love it!!

How did you like last night's NFNS? Raw eggs? Are they kidding? The way the fella had to carve them apart, couldn't he tell? I think they looked raw. That bald black guy is pretty loud and bossy. I'm not really sure why they booted the romantic guy off instead of the Indian girl that walked out. I didn't see anything much wrong with the guy that was kicked out. He was kinda cute and had a pretty good theme, in my opinion. As far as I'm concerned, he was talking about romantic things. However, Bobby Flay didn't agree.

Could that show be fixed?? No way!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

check it out! If you go back and watch the last ten minutes of the show, Tuschman gave it away. If you watch any other cooking show you would see the judges come down hard on any one that was a 'one dish cook'.

When Nipa walks out and comes back in he makes a statement like 'We are looking for cooks like you because we don't have anyone who cooks Indian."
    I am paraphrasing because I don't remember exactly what he said and it was an obvious vote for her to stay. I think the FC is bending to become politically correct.

IF raw eggs had been served in Top Chef or Hell's Kitchen what to you think would have happened? I think that martial law would have been ordered. He would have been out on his wallet(I like to think Gordon Ramsey would have broken his eardrum too!). What's worse? A case of salmonella or a little chili on your meat?

I had to laugh when the woman judge got a piece of the rawness. DUDE, CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT YOU ARE EATING?

I think Booby Flake DIDN'T like the guy they tossed out because HE is the sophisticated "food romantic" of the channel. He obviously doesn't get the food/romance connection that the guy was trying to project-hard to do when you are a narcissist!

With BF as the host and judge I think that the winner will be a woman.

Overall, I find that the challenge prep times are way too short. Who cooks in one half hour? Who cooks on a train? who wakes up at three in the morning to go shopping?

How can cooking like a maniac prepare you for having all day to do a 30 minute show? Other than Booby Flake cooking Iron Chef and ALWAYS WINNING with chipotle, mango salsa and honey, "to balance the dish", I just don't see it.

---------------

The TVFN contract that the winner gets is only good for 6 shows.

I guess they reserve the right to get rid of the duds-but keep people like Guy.

That dude is an effing slob. I tuned in to see who was on and saw him eating a sandwich/burger. The cook asked him if he was, "Going to save me a bite!".

GF took the sandwich, wiped it all over his face and then tried to hand it to the cook.

In another preview to his show he has this enormous sandwich in his hands, takes three bites of it a once and pulls it away from his pie hole. He's got all kinds of crap on his face.

Growing up we would have been slapped into the year 2050 if we were acting stupid like that. I guess you can play with food when you don't have to pay for it.

I am waiting for the appearance of RR and her stupidity on the show!

----------

I need to make a disclaimer. I am no superchef and I stir with the same spoon I taste with.....I am the only one who the meal is made for, so I reserve the right to be a slob in my opwn kitchen, I don't cook for the public!
    And when I do I use the proper tools and manners!

I was kinda surprised at Tuschman's speech too. This is exactly what Amy Findlay did. Well.....almost. She proclaimed that she didn't want to be there anymore and won the contest. Is Nipa going to be the winner? Since when did they abandon the diverse cook idea? Why do these people keep contradicting themselves?

Booby Flake lol lol lol Great name for him!! Too much competition in the romantic fella. Not only did he tell him he didn't beleive in his style, he booted him out the door. Booby is a network pioneer almost. No way can anybody upstage him.

That raw egg thing was a total joke. What was the judge looking at when she plopped the slimy mess into her mouth? I saw a piece on her tongue and thought I was going to lose it. Gross!!!! I know everybody had to see it. Wouldn't a chef have some idea as to how long an egg should be cooked before serving it? Apparently not??

So far, I find the challenges pretty dumb but entertaining to see just how much they can mess up. 30 minutes for prep time is almost impossible. You're right. It's totally unrealistic to what the network needs. If the chefs don't entertain me for 30 minutes to an hour, I turn the channel. Amy Findlay had no appeal at all--no wonder she's gone. They have 30 people in the background preparing everything for them so why is this such a focus in the contest? Makes no sense.

Personality, knowledge, performing in front of a camera, are what it's going to take. Who knows if those dishes they prepare are even edible? They may look great but nobody can convince me that every single dish prepared on every single show is absolutely delicious. In my opinion, most of them are half cooked. Booby Flake is a master of raw chicken.

Guy Fieri: Holy Cow!! I could write a book on that guy. His cholesterol must be 435, triglycerides 1002. He eats like he has a garbage can behind his mouth. He is a slob and some of his handling techniques in the mom and pop restaurants is despicable. He actually cooks and serves food to people

Let's look forward to more stellar performances from some of the network's brightest stars. Can't wait!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

O.K. TVFN junkies.....

I heard this from a cyberpal.

Robert Irvine's DInner Impossible is going to be cancelled.

A problem with his resume'!

Why? Apparently somewhere he had some kind of job doing Princess Di's wedding. The problem come up with her cake. My pal told me that he claimed to have baked it-but, he may have just been a sous chef on the job.

If you look at his creds for the opening segments one set of shows claim that he cooked for three presidents, then another set of shows claim four presidents.

-------

I was under the impression that he was a steady chef in the White House.
    I guess cooking a meal or two, does qualify you to say you cooked for a president, but now I am really curious, I looked up some info and couldn't find anything about the cancellation.

I put in resume after his name and sure enough!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...es.html?cat=22
    Last edited by RICHARD; 06-12-2008 at 12:22 AM.

OUCH!!!!! -- That smarts !

Good detective work, Richard !! Isn't this a bit embarrassing for Chef Irvine? He'll be lucky to find another job in the field of cooking.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Spoiler ... if you haven't seen the Top Chef finale yet!

I was very glad that Stephanie won. She seems like a genuinely nice person, as well as an excellent chef. Richard made some mistakes, and admitted he "choked," but I was just glad that Lisa didn't win, as she always struck me as too arrogant and abrasive.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Richard made some mistakes
    I know, I'm not perfect!

-----------

The end kinda fizzled out....I thought the chefs helping out was kinda neat and pulling them from was cruel! What an opportunity! To cook with a legend.

The Richard thing kinda puzzled me at first. I sat there and wondered about him doing it as a 'pity move' then I saw that he was sincere and took great pride in what he cooked.-

Yeah, Lisa wasn't the easiest person to root for..

--------------

I watched Dinner Impossible last night and was torn between not liking Irvine.and felling sorry for him. But then I started to laugh and thought about Marc Summers and Boob Tooshman! SUCKERS!!!!!!

With the Martha Stewart Machine showing up more and more on on TVFN I can't help but wonder if she has anything to do with the tightening up the screening of the people on the shows?

It really hurts Summers because it's HIS production company- He produces the programs and then sells them to TVFN. It's like the Alton Brown confession. I always thought he had some kind of Chem/Food prep schooling.

Nope. I can read from a script and act out food skits. No, I don't have a banana dance!

He fell outta favor for me. I know it's hard to get ideas for so many programs, but to make it sound like you are the main brain, that bugs!

When I cook a steak, I always make sure that I turn up the heat to full burner. I came up with this idea when I....

Dude, it was the script writers!!!!

--------

Last thing about Irvine.

He'll show up on Survivor or one of those reality shows where they put disgraced celebs into a house and make them compete against each other.

BTW, Martha got a second chance and she's a FELON!!!!