Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

You're kidding, right??? The "Take Home a Candidate" thing?! I googled it, just in case, but can't find it.

I think I'm relieved.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    You're kidding, right??? The "Take Home a Candidate" thing?! I googled it, just in case, but can't find it.

I think I'm relieved.

The clip was real, the story was a little farce.

It was a parody of Take Home Chef.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    The clip was real, the story was a little farce.

It was a parody of Take Home Chef.
    Oh thank god. I was going to be sick.

Yuck, cooking for McCain, and having to pay for it yet.

I was watching a rerun of "NFNS" last night ... I just want to ask a couple of questions.

One, was Bob Tuschman actually getting emotional when he talked about Adam in this past week's episode?

Two, does Guy Fieri ever have a show on which he actually cooks, or does he just go around to restaurants and watch other people cook?

Three, who the heck dresses Bobby Flay? What's with the huge knots in his ties? In watching this past week's episode again I agree with the person who wrote that Bobby Flay just doesn't want anyone else on the Food Network to be an expert grill-master besides him. Go, Adam, go!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Elyse, funny you should mention Bobby Flay's terrible dress. Have you seen the clip of the upcoming show? He's wearing a huge knotted tie that's plaid and a plaid shirt. It looks awful. I would think his wife is classy enough to want him to look better. It seems she could help him if she has better taste. Not to mention the network wondering what he's going to wear. Hmmmm......they're not worried about Guy Fieri are they?
    I can't believe how this show has brought out the arrogance so blatantly in BF.

Guy has a show called Guy's Big Bite. He supposedly cooks on that show but if you watch it, it's questionable. I saw one of his first episodes yesterday they were re-running. It was comical. In my opinion, he's got too much going on with the other shows so he's pretty sloppy on GBB.

I think Tuschman was getting emotional. I thought the same thing. Bob seems like he could break down very easily. I notice it alot more this year than last year.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

LOL,

that pic is Ray Lewis, Baltimore Ravens criminal and linebacker, whenever I see the Neely dude I think of him.

Pat Neely is way too sweet looking to be confused with that guy!

Ray Lewis smolders, lol. He's got bad boy written all over him!

Everyone, what did you think of the NFNS outcome? It wasn't what I was expecting!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Everyone, what did you think of the NFNS outcome? It wasn't what I was expecting!
    It's exactly as I predicted. (to myself) Lisa was too tense and the other guy (his name escapes me at the moment) always looks like he just rolled out of bed. While that may not have anything to do w/his culinary skills, FN is looking for the whole package. Plus I think Aron's appeal is universal. Once the competition really got rolling and it came down to 4 persons, I could tell that Aron would be the winner. He wasn't concerned w/singing or comedy. He likes to cook and it shows. He'll be coached on how to improve his camera appeal.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I was quite pleased, but surprised.

Someone somewhere will surely give Lisa a show - but she's interested in so many things, she'd seem a better fit for HGTV or something. And Adam (Mr. Bedhead) maybe can do a podcast and get sponsors. His concept just didn't seem like it would be enough to base a whole show around.
    I've Been Frosted

One, was Bob Tuschman actually getting emotional when he talked about Adam in this past week's episode?
    Tuschman is definitely an Adam fan. And I am, too. (If only he were 10 years older! *sigh*)

I really thought they were going to pick Lisa. I was so happy when they announced that Aaron won. Unfortunately, I didn't catch his 4 1/2 minute taping because I got a phone call I'll catch it on a rerun. The judges were so impressed with him.

It seems that Lisa has a million things going on so she'll be okay but Adam seems lost. I hope they both get some offers.

YAY AARON!!!! I can't wait to see his show next week!!

I forgot to ask if anyone saw the show after the NFNS? Food Detective with Ted Allen(I think that was it). What did anybody think of it?
    Last edited by Daisy and Delilah; 07-28-2008 at 12:45 PM. Reason: forgot a question

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I thought they were going to pick Lisa as well. Her taping went really well, and I almost liked her, lol.

I am really really really happy that Aaron won! The only thing that got me with his taping was that I could hardly understand a word he said!!! He spoke so darn fast, and blurred so many of his words together, it was really difficult to make out a lot of what he said.

Other than that, I'm glad they looked past that and picked him anyway!! YAY!!! I'm sure Lisa will excel at what ever she goes on to do after this. Maybe she'll go to the Fine Living Network and get a show there, or end up on a show on Food Network later on.

I really hope to see Kelsey at some point doing a show or something. She had such spunk and was really good! She had everyone else beat on the "Vote for your favorite" on their site as well!

i was trying to catch the last episode of the NFNS and came across someone who I had never seen before on the TVFN. Her name is Nolan or Noonan. The program was on the On Demand part of my cable.

I started to watch a part of the program and had to turn it off.

Why? Her hair.

Again, they have a 'personality' who's grooming habits are pretty horrific.
    The TVFN is hung up on making people pretty-this woman does the RR hand swipes and moves her head more than a actress in a hair care commercial.
    In the 10 minutes I watched she had one side of her long hair behind her shoulder, by the time I turned it off both sides were in front of her shoulders and she was moving around so much that I had to turn it off because I started to obsess about how many hairs I'd find if I ate at her house.

------------------

Was the NFNS pcked by the judges?

If so, it shows that the TVFN is still reeling from the Jag remarks from last season. Their approach to progamming is pretty insulting - It focuses on putting on niche cooks - Latin cooks that only cook Latin meals, Black people who only cook BBQ, Italians that only cook Italian.

While I do dislike Booby Flake, he does cook outside his mango salsa/chipotle safety net. It's more fun to watch someone cook a meal that entertains me as opposed to someone who does the same thing over and over again.

As with the Neely's and the BBQ- how many pasta dishes can Giada make? Will RR ever cook a whole chicken instead of chicken fingers? How many plantain dishes can we possibly make? Fried, fried and fried?

Formulas are nice for medicine and secret potions....but they get old rather quickly when looking at food entertainment.

Richard, this year the judges picked the winner. Aaron's first show is on Sunday at 1:30 EST. That's the same time Amy Findlay aired when she was on. They're calling it, "Big Daddy's House". In the clips, he is loaded with energy.
    Aaron should be different in that he cooks all over the place and not just one type of cuisine.

With Jag last year and Amy not working out, I guess they decided they should choose.

I am also entertained by Booby. I especially like new episodes of throwdown. Even though, he seems to sometimes go way out of the traditional way to do a challenge. Did anybody see the one that was aired last night? He had a throwdown with Paula Deen making country fried steak. The judges both said her's was too salty and they picked her to win anyway. I think she whined her way into the win.

I hope Aaron is really a treat to watch.

Has anybody watched Road Tasted with the Neely's?

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I just had to bring this thread back up after watching FN yesterday.

Ok. Enough of Anne Burrell. I'm getting a little squeamish watching her slap everything and digging with her hands.

Speaking of squeamish....Did anybody see Paula Deen yesterday with her and her friend from Savannah making cinnamon rolls? Those two didn't use a utensil for any part of the prep. They were digging butter out with their fingers, patting the ingredients on the dough with their fingers. It was a slopfest. Way over the top. It was sickening. I loved how Paula kept telling the lady to deep fry her rolls for better flavor. And.....lo and behold.......she deep fried some dough on skewers.

I don't have a problem with handling some things without utensils but FN is getting to be too much.

I love Iron Chef and I'm so happy to see new shows on Sunday night. Last night it was curry for the secret ingred. I've decided that some of the things they prepare on that show come from part of an animal I want nothing to do with. Among other things. Some things I see, turn my stomach. I'm always surprised that the judges eat this stuff and don't gag on some foods.

Is it necessary to go so far over the edge to prepare good food? Won't some simple dishes with normal ingredients do the same?

I saw Aaron's new show yesterday at 1:30. I thought it was good. He was on with the Neely's before that. Both segments kept my interest. He still can't talk and cook at the same time but he's gotten alot better.

I can't help but wonder what happened with Aaron's son that ran away from home. I haven't heard anything else.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!