Thread: What means these little mousies?

What means these little mousies?

I have been trying to figure out why the little fake fur mousies always end up in Ritzy's food dish...is it

1. A happenstance? I think not, I take them out at night, they are back in the morning.

2. Kitty tupperware? sometimes in the morning, there are enough mice to cover the food entirely...is it a freshness ploy?

3. Seasoning the food? Fur flavored iams?

4. Seasoning the mice? Kibble flavored fake fur?

5. Feeding the mice? Ritzy-hostess with the mostest

6. A tip? "Thanks, mom, here's something for your trouble"

7. Payment for more? "Here's my money, please refill"

Any more ideas?
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    Maybe it's:

Hey mom, for breakfast I'd rather have a real mouse. It's like one of these but alive.

Maybe your cat puts them there for dessert ??With some catnip-flavouring on top ???

I don't know either why they do it, but mine not only put them in the food dish they drown them in the water bowl too. Maybe they are part racoon not Maine Coon.

I wish I knew. Mini buries his pipecleaner toys in the canned food and then brings them to me to play fetch. Or he pushes them under the fridge to mature for a few days - phew!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

"Mom, THIS is my toybox...I'd MUCH rather eat from YOUR plate!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Maybe she wants the flavor of the mice to rub off on her cat food. My cats have never done this. They like to bat them under the recliner or couch and then they try to dig them out again.

I don't think innocent little Ritzy is doing it at all. Evil aliens are framing her so that ... hmm, you'll kick her out of the house, then they can kidnap/catnap her and use her magnetic beauty to enthrall humans all over the planet to become their slaves ... This needs work, but the basic idea is sound. Watch her, especially if she nears the Bermuda Triangle!!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Originally posted by Miss Meow
    I wish I knew. Mini buries his pipecleaner toys in the canned food and then brings them to me to play fetch. Or he pushes them under the fridge to mature for a few days - phew!

urk....that would not be a nice surprise...hmmm pipe cleaner toys - have to do something, I've been trying to find a new toy idea...this sounds purrfect.

Ritz shoves these mice under the closet doors and sometimes under the piano...I find "collections" all over the place.

She also does the "water dish dunk", lets them get sufficiently soggy, then picks them up and puts them with the food...ick...maybe she just does it to see what faces I make

Originally posted by AmberLee
    I don't think innocent little Ritzy is doing it at all. Evil aliens are framing her so that ... hmm, you'll kick her out of the house, then they can kidnap/catnap her and use her magnetic beauty to enthrall humans all over the planet to become their slaves ... This needs work, but the basic idea is sound. Watch her, especially if she nears the Bermuda Triangle!!

Hmmm...the alien conspiracy theory...hadn't taken that angle. Although sometimes I think Ritzy IS from the Bermuda Triangle (given that she can disappear into the magic cat zone when I'm trying to find her).....kick Ritzy out...never...she IS the queen.

But I am seeing this picture of Ritzy on a throne, "enthralling humans to be slaves'......something like this picture, I think.....GAZE INTO MY EYES, moooousieees, bring me mooooouuusssieeees!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm with Amberlee, I don't think it's Ritzy at all. I think the mice are pulling one over on you. They are really real mice that are feasting on poor Ritzy's food and drink. However, they don't want to be exterminated by you, so when they see you coming around they all turn themselves into fake looking mice (the aliens taught them how to do that) and laugh behind your back as you go looking for Ritzy and some sort of explanation.

Maybe she likes company while she's eating - similar to the hostess with the mostest theory.

That Ritzy is such a character.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    I'm with Amberlee, I don't think it's Ritzy at all. I think the mice are pulling one over on you. They are really real mice that are feasting on poor Ritzy's food and drink.

That Ritzy is such a character.

OH DEAR LORD!!! If they are REAL mice, then I'm in serious need of an exterminator .... they are E V E R Y W H E R E(not to mention all of their tails are gone)...

ROTFLOL!!!! Thank you, I dearly needed this laugh tonight. {{{hugs y'all}}}
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

I always find cat toys by their food dishes too, I think they chase the toys around and then it sometimes just happens to end up there,a nd they eat then forget about playtime?

I think the refill one is more like it, ha!