Amongst the flowers whose name you bore
    Watch over your whole family
    Now and forever more

We love you, Lilly, that you knew
    A life of love is what you lived
    Golden love shone through your eyes
    And will shine on in our hearts - that gift forever given
    I've Been Frosted

Oh no, I have not had much time on Pet Talk recently, and I was not aware that Lilly had become ill again. My heartfelt sympathies to Logan and her family. I cannot begin to imagine the pain they have been through in the last year. {{{Big Hugs}}} to all of you, and know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Run and play with your brother and sister, Lilly. You will be missed.

Unhappy My condolences to you.

Oh Logan.

Like Ginger's Mom I've not been around and didn't know about all of this. I'm so very sorry to hear you've lost yet another member of your family.

Many (((HUGS))) to you dear friend.

R.I.P. Lilly

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Oh Logan, my heart breaks for you. I am so sorry, I don't know what to say. (((((((((hugs)))))))

Run free Miss Lilly, you will be deeply missed.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Oh no,Logan I am so sorry(((HUGS)))I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
    Rest In Peace Lilly.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Logan, I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. My thoughts are with you in this difficult time. I hope it will be a comfort that you have done so much for her.

Rest in peace, sweet Lilly, you will never be forgotten.

((((((hugs))))))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I'm so so sorry. I know your family has been through so much lately. All of you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

RIP sweet Lilly.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

Thank you, my friends, for your prayers and concern in the past weeks, while Lilly has been so ill. Lilly has been my faithful companion for 7 1/2 years. We (my daughter, Honey, and I) met her the very day she was born. She was "my" dog, but she loved everyone.

Yesterday morning, I took Lilly in and the complete blood panel was done, immediately, as she has continued to be sick, even with continued fluids, every day. Lilly was in kidney failure. Her BUN (which is the measurement they use for kidney function) had been normal, all along, through the last couple of weeks, but over the weekend, her kidneys failed. Lilly, Scott, Helen and I spent the day at the vet's office with her, yesterday, while she got 3 liters of fluid, through IV, to try and kickstart her kidneys. She also received a blood transfusion. Our vet and one of his technicians brought their big dogs in to provide blood for Lilly to try and boost her red cell count. He allowed us to bring her home, last night, in hopes for a miracle that somehow she would rebound, or maybe so that we could have some time, away from there, with her. There was no miracle this time.

That darling, gentle girl, left this world, this morning, surrounded by people who loved her. Her bloodwork was worse, this morning, than it was last night. We all fought for her life, but none of us fought any harder than that precious girl, who lifted her head and kissed me in the wee hours of the morning, Honey, our 8 year old "half sister" of Lilly, and my husband, Scott, surrounded her. And once again when Helen, my 16 year old daughter, walked into the room this morning. Dear Helen even got a tail wag from her.

She was on her soft blanket, on the floor behind the reception desk in Dr. Robinson's office, where she had stayed for so many days the past 3 weeks. It was a quiet morning there, with only one other appointment, earlier, so there was no reason to move her. We just all knelt beside her, laid our hands on her, and Dr. Robinson administered the meds that put her to sleep and relieved her of any pain she might have had.

Thank you so much, my dear friends, for your continued support of Lilly, Dr. Robinson and our family. I don't think there is a medical staff in this world, human or veterinary, who would have done more to save a dog than this man and his staff did.

I will be back, but need some time with my family and our remaining pets, so that we can absorb yet another loss and get back to a better place, emotionally. 4 losses in 14 months has taken its toll on all of us.

Love,
    Logan, Honey, Mack, Butter, Roger and Milly
    Last edited by Logan; 02-28-2007 at 09:59 PM.

I am so, so sorry, Logan.

I also was not aware that Lilly was so ill again. I can't even begin to imagine how you're feeling/what you're going through. Once again, I am very sorry.

OH NO!! After Logan wrote that all was well with Lily, I stopped following her thread. I had no idea.

I am SOOOO sorry. What a great loss.

RIP Lily.

Oh, no. I was really afraid of this...
    Logan, Lilly was such a gorgeous Golden girl, she had a very special place in my heart. My heart goes out to you Logan, Helen, and hubby.
    Love you,
    Sarah & the girls...

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I'm so sorry for your loss, Logan. Your family has endured so much these past months. Our thoughts are with you

Oh gosh, major LES after reading your post Logan. I'm so glad that you had such a supportive vet and staff, and were all there in her last hours. I'm sure that alone made her journey to the bridge more peaceful. I'm so sorry for this loss. Please know I'm thinking of you all.

**hugs**

Aw, Lilly, my precious little friend. I hate that you had to leave so soon, but so glad you left surrounded by all those who love you and you love.

You are pain free now and running through the flowers at the Rainbow Bridge.
    I have it on good authority, it never snows at the bridge unless by special request.

Be at peace sweetie.

Logan, I'm so sorry! My heart is breaking for you and your family.
    (((HUGS)))
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Logan I am so sorry.

This is heartbreaking. RIP Lilly.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant