Thread: Hi! I am fairly new here. :)

Hi! I am fairly new here. :)

Hi All,
    I am fairly new here. I posted once back in July 2005 when my dog Tinkerbell was chosen DOTD for July 4, 2005. In the last few days, I have become more active.

We have four chis (chihuahuas) including Tinkerbell. They are Ruby (DOTD on 2/17/08), Rosy, and Romeo. We also have two cats Callie and Pixie. I am in the process of getting their bios and pics posted on Cat Central.

I adopted Calle in late October 1992 from a friend who was fostering her. Callie was born a feral. Her mom was definitely a feral. Callie is a beautiful shorthair domestic tiger calico. She is between 6 and 7 lbs. She is quite active for her age. However, her favorite pastime is to sleep on my bed.

My family and I adopted Pixie, our longhair calico from a local shelter in mid December 2001. Pixie was born to a stray and came to the shelter. She was 3 1/2 months old. Pixie is a large cat and is a heavyweight after carrying a 3 34 kb chi. She is a chi wannabe.

We adopted our first chi, Ruby in late August 2003. We met Ruby by chance and made the choice to adopt her shortly thereafter. Ruby came from an abusive (verbal) situation. Her first human finally handed over her to rescue in 2003. Ruby was to be a camping dog so was never allowed inside. Chis are hardly camping dogs. They are indoor dogs.

Rosy was the next to come along. We were going to be here foster family. My dad and I drove to another part of town in a snowstorm to pick her up on Feb. 5, 2004. She was rescued from an illegal puppymill in Jan. 2004 and needed a place to stay. We were told that Rosy was four or five years old. She was sooo dirty when we got her. After three baths, we had a puppy who was just several months old! We adopted her on Feb. 7, 2004.

In June 204, I met Tinkerbell for the first time. My parents and I were attending a reunion picnic hosted by the rescue organization that we adopted Ruby and Rosy. She was with her foster dad who was considering adopting her. Tinker was previously adopted by a student in the Columbia MO a few months before. Tinker was rescued from the same puppymill as Rosy. I told Tinker's foster dad that I would adopt her if he didn't. The next day Tinker and her foster parents showed up at a surprise 40th bday party my family was having for me. I adopted Tinker on Sun., June 13,, 2004.

We adopted Romeo, our only male chi on July 2, 2005. He originally came to our home as a foster on June 29, 2005, the day our Keeshound-Shepherd mix went to Rainbow Bridge. Someone decided that we needed to foster this handsome little boy. Romeo is a retired show dog. His breeder just loved him. She had a houseful of chis and the males were too dominating with one another. Romeo's breeder only bred dogs for show purposes only. We have gotten to meet her a few times and she is a wonderful woman. in fact, she called my mom today to thank her for all the pics of the reunion a few weeks ago. Romeo's breeder had to move to FL recently to care for her mom who has cancer.

A little bit about me... I live in the Kansas City area. I am not working right now... I was laid off from my previous job last summer so enjoying some time off. When I am not playing with the pets, I enjoy reading (mostly biographies and memoirs), listening to music (enjoy music from the '60s, '70s, and '80s), and photography. I am aunt to four nieces... ranging in age from 8 to 21. The oldest one is getting married in June ad has adopted a cute chi named Peaches.

I have attached two pics of all four chis together.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Hugs,
    Kristi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dogs11162007.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	274.4 KB 
ID:	38619   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dogs09242007.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	263.9 KB 
ID:	38620  

Welcome back to Pet Talk!
    I've Been Frosted

Hey kristi I luv your dogs.i have a chihuahua as well.she is a shorthair.anyway,see you around.

Welcome to Pet Talk!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana