Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: --updated page 48--Rockee's time too?

--updated page 48--Rockee's time too?

This is not the year for dogs, although I did predict this would happend this year I didn't know if it actually would.

Rockee just can't seem to get comfortable, she will lay down, get up, pace, lay down, up etc. She can't lay down for more then 30 seconds. Now htis doesn't happen all day but quite often.

All day though if she isn't laying down she paces back and forth.

Other then that I think she's going blind, she snatches treats which she didn't do before.

I certainly don't see the problems Thunder had but sheis very over weight and has artheritis.
    Last edited by buttercup132; 03-12-2008 at 04:18 PM.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

There are meds for canine arthritis which do help the dog feel more comfortable. Perhaps that would help? Does Rockee seem more comfortable sitting on soft beds than on the floor? Most older dogs will gravitate to a cushiony base.

Prayers for Rockee, and for you and your family.

Can you get her to the vet for a visit? Maybe she just needs a dosage adjustment for the arthritis. Good thoughts headed your way....

Sending good thoughts and prayes to Rockee.

Is she going to see the vet soon?
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

If she is fed separately, getting some healthy weight loss food from the vet would really help ease her pain as well.

I bet that alone would give her more time, and healthier time at that.

{{{hugs}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Were going to the vet today so I'll update when we get back.
    See ALL my pets here

Alicia, I hope everything is okay with Rockee. I know how hard it is to see them age. I really hope it isn't her time. ((hugs))

First of all I did not like the vet at all.
    As soon as he came in the room I don't know I just got a weird vibe from him.

He used all the vet technical terms and assumed us to understand and said she needs a urine test and blood test and didn't even give us the option to say no he just told us and then sent her in the back room. He said she may have kidney problems because she pees ALOT, like Thunder but she doesnt pee herself or inside. I really don't think it was nessicary to have a urine sample because the blood test could tell if she had kidney problems.

He will get the results in tomorrow and will call us.
    So nothing has been done but we are changing to a different vet (same clinic though). The vet we want is super nice and not all about the money. She's very down to earth and honest. I really like her as a vet.
    See ALL my pets here

I hope that you get good news when the results come in.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

Fingers crossed that the results come back good!
    I hope all is well and she will be around for years to come.
    Give her a hug from me, will you?

Thinking of Rockee.
    I hope the new vet can help you out more.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy

They think she has cushining (sp?) disease.
    They want to do a bunch of test and then put her on pills which may help her.
    Personally I don't think we should because like with Thunder she is old I don't think we should be stressing her out and putting her through test, then putting her on pills which may or may not help her and make her live for what another year and that's not garunteeing she will be out of pain.
    I don't know my parents have to talk with each other.
    See ALL my pets here

I wasn't going to reply to your threads like this as I feel they're attention seeking and not focusing on the well being of the dog...but I couldn't resist.

I have an old dog. Shadow is turning twelve in less than a month. She's loosing her hearing, can't see well in the dark, can't get in the car, has a hard time getting up the stairs or getting up on the couch, Trips occasionally when she walks, etc. But I know it is nowhere NEAR her time. She still loves to be around people, occasionally will play outside, loves going for car rides and walks, loves food more than anything and is as happy as ever. Old dogs will have their good days and their bad days. Once the bad days start outweighing the good I would be a little more worried. But you betcha I'll allow the savings to dry before I give up on her.

The bloodwork on an older dog is necessary. They're not just thinking of the money and wanting to rip you off, believe it or not the vet has yours and Rockee's best interest in mind. Hypothetically, if Shadow got tests done and the results showed that she may Cushings disease I would probably put her on the medicine. Just the possiblity of a year or so more with my big girl? I'm so for it! Now I don't know Rockee personally, so I don't really know how much pain she is in now, etc, so I really can't comment on the "right" plan of action is in your case. Is she on glucosamine or anything for her joints? I'm sure that would help her out as well. In my opinion it's our duty to do as much as we can for our old dogs so that they can live comfortably as long as possible.

Anyway, I am thinking of Rockee and only wishing her, and you, the best.

I wasn't going to reply to your threads like this as I feel they're attention seeking and not focusing on the well being of the dog...but I couldn't resist.
    So when I had to put Thunder down I was trying to get attention? I was looking for advice which is what I'm pretty sure this is for..

believe it or not the vet has yours and Rockee's best interest in mind
    How can you say that when you see how many people get ripped off by vets? I know people who worl behind the scenes at this vet and most of the vets don't care and want o get as much money as they can.

I know the blood work was nessicary but I didn't think the urine sample was and my boss (a previous vet tech) agreed. She said if there was something wrong they would be able to tell with just a blood test.

They don't want to just put her on pills, they want to do a bunch of test on her too and I'm not putting my dog through that as I'm sure most people wouldn't.

She's turning 14 she doesn't need to be put through that..
    See ALL my pets here

I pray for the best for Rockee.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy