Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slideshow I made

Slideshow I made

I haven't made a slide show since I moved, it's something I used to enjoy doing quite a bit.

I made this one today. It represents my move and new life here in Northern Illinois. I thought I'd share for anyone who cared to take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vQUytAXvd0

The truck with the Hiawatha symbol is my mom and stepfather's rig, they drive it all over the U.S. delivering to military bases. It is painted and styled after my stepfather's passion the Old Milwaukee Railroad. They moved me with it . I'll attach a photo of it they just sent me from Georgia a few days ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

That was a great slideshow. I just became so relaxed while watching it, with the nice music and the beautiful pictures. Your new home is absolutely lovely. So much space for the dogs to run and play and beautiful scenery.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

It looks like a very beautiful place for a new beginning. Thank you for
    sharing the video.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Beautiful video Jessica! That truck is sharp! Good to see your pups also.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

That was beautiful!

WoooooooooooW!

That was a BEAUTIFUL show!!
    Hope ya like *S*N*O*W* - 'cause it looks like it's a sure thing!

Happie New HOME!!
    ***Enjoy***!

You tube is blocked here at work so I'll have to see it tomorrow. I'll bet it's good. All of your videos I've seen are great!

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

That was beautiful, Jess! I watched it last night but was too sleepy to comment. You've got a gorgeous place there and I'm jealous of that snow! I think my favorite was the one of the license plate... cool shot!

What a wonderful slideshow, and the truck is amazing - wow!! How old is it? Must be fun to ride around in that!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Very nice slideshow! Looks like the perfect place for a new beginning, for you and your dogs. It looks like they love it there too. Unfortunalty i am having a lag problem with flash ever since i upgraded my os so i could not enjoy it to the fullest.

Jess, what a good job you did in creating that slideshow. It seems like your first winter here in Illinois was a bit of a test of your strength and endurance.....and you're still here!!! It also shows that there is beauty and peace and love wherever you are, if one just looks to find it. I predict that there will be other discoveries for you to make and happy days ahead. Thanks for sharing the video and would enjoy seeing more *slices of life* for you and the kids.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke
    Hope ya like *S*N*O*W* - 'cause it looks like it's a sure thing!
    Oh I love snow! I was actually worried when I moved here I wouldn't see as much of it as I did in Minnesota but it seems that is not an issue LOL. At least it is not as cold here! The only problem is I ended up hurting my lower back pretty bad from shoveling all of it so much. I cannot shovel anymore at this point but I have a kind neighbor who has helped me out with that.

Randi, I can't remember how old the truck is now, they had it custom made. I would guess maybe 5 years or so now. I need to get some photos from the inside, it has a large sleeper and kitchenette and even a little bathroom with shower.

For anyone unfamiliar with the historic train this is what it is painted/modeled after:

It has had varying looks through history but always with the orange and black and the red tilted box and Hiawatha symbol.

A couple photos of his model trains:

He has a large setup in their basement with train tracks that are about chest high and real working train cars that circle around the basement along the wall.

Rachel, I've been here through fall and winter now, looking forward to spring and summer. I will have to make a new show when I get a new collection of photos .

Thanks so much again everyone for your kind words. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.
    Last edited by K9soul; 02-18-2008 at 01:21 PM. Reason: fix broken image
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

What a great place to start a new beginning, Jess. I am really happy for you. You really did start over. I hope you and the dogs continue to be happy in Illinois. Great slide show. You got some very pretty pictures!!

Gorgeous photos Jess! I think I need to plan a trip out to IL some day.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Yes you do!

I found myself getting really relaxed while watching the slideshow, it was beautiful.

Niņo & Eliza