Thread: Prayers for JJ

Prayers for JJ

My dad just informed me that his dog, J.J. (11 yr old Jack Russell) was just diagnosed with a very aggressive form of cancer. He has a huge lump underneath his eye, that is to be removed next week. The docs do not think they will be able to remove all of the cancer & even if they can, J.J. will probably lose his eye. Without the surgery he has been given 4 to 12 months to live. The vet told my dad to be prepared for the worse case scenario. My dad and step-mom are devastated. They know that this is probably the end, but they love him so much. Please pray for J.J., and for my dad & step-mom. I know that they need all the good thoughts and prayers they can get right now.
    Smokedog's mommy
    I've been frosted!!

Prayers on the way, from RI, for JJ and his family.

It really is amazing what medicine can do for our pets, so I hope they can find a way to help JJ.

Prayers coming for J.J. and your dad and step-mom.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Prayers have been said for JJ.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by loveallfurryfriends
    My dad just informed me that his dog, J.J. (11 yr old Jack Russell) was just diagnosed with a very aggressive form of cancer. He has a huge lump underneath his eye, that is to be removed next week. The docs do not think they will be able to remove all of the cancer & even if they can, J.J. will probably lose his eye. Without the surgery he has been given 4 to 12 months to live. The vet told my dad to be prepared for the worse case scenario. My dad and step-mom are devastated. They know that this is probably the end, but they love him so much. Please pray for J.J., and for my dad & step-mom. I know that they need all the good thoughts and prayers they can get right now.
    Have your folks get a referral to a doggy oncologist. Chemotherapy is often effective against a variety of cancers, and side effects are often minimal to none with supportive drugs. It might be possible to extend the dog's life by a couple of years with treatment- depending on the type of cancer involved. Where the goal is a high quality of life. Again find a canine oncologist to discuss the various options. Deciding on a treatment may or may not involve financial cost considerations.

I just want all of you to know how much we appreciate your good thoughts and prayers. It means a lot. Please keep praying for J.J.
    Smokedog's mommy
    I've been frosted!!

I will definitely add JJ (and his people) to my prayer list.

Robin

So very sorry to hear about JJ. I hope he beats the odds that the doctors gave him. Give him some love from me.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Thank you all so much for your good thoughts and prayers. They are very much appreciated.
    Smokedog's mommy
    I've been frosted!!

Prayers for JJ and for a successful surgery.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

JJ's surgery scheduled for Wednesday

My parents just returned from oncology and surgery consults. JJ's surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning. Surgeon told my parents that even though JJ's eye will have to be removed, he believes that this will not affect his quality of life. He might look a little funny, but no one cares about the way he looks. After his surgery he will need chemo & radiation. The oncologist says that even after all of this, JJ's life expectancy is still only about 6-12 months. Luckily, the cancer has not spread anywhere else yet & other than the cancer he is in amazingly good health for his age. My dad and step-mom's main concern is his quality of life, and as long as it is maintained, there is nothing that will not be done for him. Thank you all for your prayers & good thoughts. I told my step-mom about PT, and how wonderful everyone here is. She started crying, and wanted you all to know how grateful she is. Please keep the prayers coming for JJ. Thank you all so much.
    Smokedog's mommy
    I've been frosted!!

Quote Originally Posted by loveallfurryfriends
    My parents just returned from oncology and surgery consults. JJ's surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning. Surgeon told my parents that even though JJ's eye will have to be removed, he believes that this will not affect his quality of life. He might look a little funny, but no one cares about the way he looks. After his surgery he will need chemo & radiation. The oncologist says that even after all of this, JJ's life expectancy is still only about 6-12 months. Luckily, the cancer has not spread anywhere else yet & other than the cancer he is in amazingly good health for his age. My dad and step-mom's main concern is his quality of life, and as long as it is maintained, there is nothing that will not be done for him. Thank you all for your prayers & good thoughts. I told my step-mom about PT, and how wonderful everyone here is. She started crying, and wanted you all to know how grateful she is. Please keep the prayers coming for JJ. Thank you all so much.
    Chemo is well tolerated in puppy dogs with the appropriate supportive drugs. Most Vet Oncologists will prescrbe the appropriate drugs to prevent nausea. A lot depends on the particular Chemo drugs used, some are mild while others do need strong anti-nausea drugs. Over all Chemo side effects are much milder in dogs and should not effect its quality of life. Per radiation it may or may not affect the mouth/nose, depending on the area involved. Again the Oncologist can explain to your parents what to expect. Have them ask the Oncologist about other things they should be alert for (e.g. secondary bacterial infections). The more they learn, the fewer are the surprises. GL.

That is certainly hopeful news...and JJ just might surprise everybody!

There is a canine form of Omega 3 - 6, and rumour has it that it's a good cancer preventative. It might just help JJ feel better - it was a great factor in my one cat's (desired) weight loss, as he had more energy.

Prayers for a successful surgery and lots of lovin' time with his family!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda