Thread: A little Shitzu-poodle needs prayers *Update 2/23*

A little Shitzu-poodle needs prayers *Update 2/23*

A good friend of mine emailed me that her dog, Ezra, somehow managed to slip a disc and his back legs have become paralyzed. This is so upsetting for my friend, who just lost her Doberman 4 months ago to cancer. Ezra had surgery today and her vet said that he feels Ezra needs a miracle. They should know tomorrow whether or not Ezra can feel anything in his hind legs. He is the sweetest little guy and only 4 years old. Can you spare a prayer, please? I tried to upload a pic but it keeps saying "invalid file type".
    Last edited by Medusa; 02-23-2008 at 08:13 AM.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

How very sad. Pawsitive thoughts and prayers headed Ezra's way.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Wow that is scary my bubba is a shitzu poodle mix and he is 3 and a half. I will pray for Ezra.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Prayers from RI.

That is what happened to Kim's Annabelle (Kimlovescats). And I was so worried for Marlin when he did 'something' last month, but he seems to have recovered and healed up.

I am sending some thoughts and prayers towards Ezra and his family right away. Get Better Ezra!!!

How scary. I get so worried when Delilah jumps down from everything, no matter how much height is involved. It's one of my greatest concerns here every day.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

{{hugs}} and prayers for Ezra. I hope they hear good news today!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Ezra had surgery and, as of yet, has no feeling or movement in her hind legs. Her family took her home at the vet's urging and are expressing her bladder 5 times a day, applying hot compresses on her spine and legs, slowly and gently exercising her legs and keeping her caged. She is not allowed to move on her own at all. The family is to do this for 3 weeks and if they see no improvement, then they know what they have to do. The vet feels that Ezra is not in any pain but she sure isn't living a quality life right now, that's for sure, and neither is her family. Her Mom is just sick over this whole thing and she's praying w/out ceasing.

Btw, I mistakenly thought all this time that Ezra was a boy, due to the name, but she's a girl. My friend calls her Queen Ezra and that really surprised me.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Oh boy, how hard this must be for your friends. Prayers still going out that Ezra starts to have feeling again.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

This is just heartbreaking, prayers for Ezra.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Ok... now I know you're not the owner but I want you to show the owner this post!

My baby boy Bailey is a shih tzu. He just turned 6 years old and I have had him for over 2 1/2 years. I adopted Bailey from another family when he was 4. I adopted him almost a year after his accident.
    When Bailey was 3, he jumped off of a twin bed and had a herniated disk. He had surgery but it was unsuccesful. His family at the time had to express his bowls and bladder for 3 months. After that he was able to do it on his own but still had no feeling from the waist down. He was capable of urinating and defacting by himself but he couldn't control when he went so they continued to use diapers on him. From that point on he dragged his stomach and back legs but continued to be a happy little boy.
    Almost a year later, I adopted him because the family wasn't able to care for him anymore due to their child being sick. The day that I got Bailey he ran out of their house wagging his tail and came straight to me. His owner at the time started bawling because she said their vet had said if Bailey didnt make any improvement in a year that he never would.
    Boy were those vets wrong!!!!!
    Since I got Bailey he has stopped dragging his stomach and only drags his hind legs from the knees down now. He has full use of his tail. He still doesnt have control over his bowls or bladder but that's no big deal at all. I just change his diaper! He has started standing on his back legs for a couple seconds etc. He can climb up and down stairs, can climb out of the bath tub, loves to run and play... he is such a joy to me!
    AND HIS QUALITY OF LIFE IS JUST AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER THAN IT USED TO BE!
    He knows he's special and he is even using his GIFT to help others. Bailey is a therapy dog now and goes out in his wheelchair (which we made) and helps encourage children and disabled people to live to their full potential!
    There's no such thing as a disability.
    If there is, then we ALL have them.
    Don't put Ezra down! Love him enough to let him live and see what life has to offer! Yes it will be hard, but you have no idea how much you'll recieve in return!
    Just look at my signature... that's my baby and I wouldnt have him any other way....

P.S. I dont mean this to sound mean or anything... it is just something i feel strongly about because i've been there and i wouldnt trade my little boy for anything

Wow, that's amazing! I'm going to copy and paste your post into an email and send it to her right now. Thanx so much! And I must say, Bailey is adorable. Such a sweet face. What a wonderful person you are and such a great team!
    Blessings,
    Mary

how is ezra doing?

Quote Originally Posted by BaileysMom
    how is ezra doing?
    The last report that I got wasn't encouraging. My friend is doing all that the vet told her to do but Ezra isn't responding at all. I can't recall the entire email and, unfortunately, I deleted it but the gist of it is that, in her words, "Ezra has gone from being our pet to being a patient". I'm sure she didn't mean that in a negative way. She's stressed and tired because on top of all this, she has a lot of family drama going on. Both her husband and son were diagnosed w/cancer and, at one time, she was taking care of both of them. Both were just pronounced as being in remission and she didn't have a chance to breathe when this happened to Ezra. She's emotionally and physically exhausted. She lives approx. an hour away and, if I could, I'd go there to help her w/Ezra but w/work and my Puddy's health issues, plus we just got hit w/a foot of snow and it's still coming down, it's just not feasible. She has to go out of town for 5 days and she can't find anyone who's willing to take on the responsibility of Ezra so she may have to put Ezra back into the vet hospital until she comes home. She said that Ezra just cries and cries and whenever anyone comes to the house, she gets so upset and tries to stand and can't, so she moved her to another room where she couldn't see anyone but she can still hear them and gets just as upset. It's really taken a toll on her, especially after just losing her dobie Ginger a few months ago. I haven't heard from her in a few days and she isn't taking calls, so I'll just have to wait to update further when I get an email from her. Thank you so much for asking.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Oh how sad....
    Prayers have been sent for Ezra and your friend.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Prayers on the way for Ezra & her humans.
    Smokedog's mommy
    I've been frosted!!