Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rare Hybrid, See if you can guess the breeds!

Rare Hybrid, See if you can guess the breeds!

Hey everyone!

I found my way to these forums because I was trying to find some info about our new puppies. We know what mix they are, but everyone has had a lot of fun trying to guess, and all of you people seemed so nice, I thought I would let you play too.

So, I would like to introduce you to:

Eris

And Grace

They are 13 1/2 weeks old in these pictures, and about 30 pounds. We rescued them from a group of kids who couldn't afford to keep them. The Mom was a farm dog who got loose and when they found her 2 weeks later she was at another farm and pregnant.

Here's Eris running so you can see the body.

Like I said above, I do know what the mix is, but no one has guessed yet.

Welcome to Pet Talk!

I'm horrible at guessing breeds but it's clear to see that Grace isn't going to stop growing anytime soon! Wow she has some big paws to grow into!

Eris looks like he has a extra loooong tail.

With the short coat and coloring I could see some Pitt, but their heads are not blocky at all like Pitties. Humm..

I hope to see more pictures of them!
    Next time post them in Dog General (more people read threads and post there)
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Some sort of sighthound (greyhound maybe) and Pit?

Critter Mom to: Zoe-Rott/Pit Mix, Chloe- Persian, Lisa & Lola-Hermit Crabs, COMING SOON Pinky Pie-Cornsnake

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklecoon
    Some sort of sighthound (greyhound maybe) and Pit?
    That's exactly what I was going to say.
    But would a pit and greyhound be loose and in a farm area?
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

For some reason these pics keep making me think of Rhodesian Ridgebacks. I think it's just the color and face mask though.

Niño & Eliza

I see the tail and I think sighthound. Also the chest. The face wrinkles look so pittie to me.

Critter Mom to: Zoe-Rott/Pit Mix, Chloe- Persian, Lisa & Lola-Hermit Crabs, COMING SOON Pinky Pie-Cornsnake

Wow . . .

First people ever to get the sighthound part of em. I'm impressed.

They are, in fact, Greyweillers.

The mom was a farm Rottie who got loose and was found a week later at a neighboring farm that was the home of several Greyhounds. A few weeks later Mom was pregnant.

When Mom had a litter of 9 pups the family couldn't afford to keep them. Their local shelter didn't have room and was going to put them down, so they drove an hour and a half to Lawrence and sat on the side of the local main street with a sign saying free puppies in the back of their van. We took in Eris and Grace, two sisters to keep each other company.

So far they show a wonderful temperament, are very playfull and eager around new people. We are working on the not jumping and nipping people part at the moment. Kennel training is going well, and for the most part are pretty house broken, just the occasional accident during the night.

They are INCREDIBLY fast even now, and I can only imagine how that will progress as they get older. I'll keep everyone posted.

Greyhound/Rottie mixes!?

Wow! I never saw that coming?
    Did you see the mom and dad? I wonder if they were mixes themselves. (Greyhound mix and Rottie mix)
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by pitc9
    Greyhound/Rottie mixes!?

Wow! I never saw that coming?
    Did you see the mom and dad? I wonder if they were mixes themselves. (Greyhound mix and Rottie mix)

I agree with you Angie. I might be blind, but I cant see any rottie. I do see pit bull though. The wrinkles in the forehead and the eyes remind me a lot of Ebonys. Escribador posted a picture of one of the dogs in dog general when she was a pup. I could really see the pit bull. I could be wrong though I'm not all that good at guessing dog breeds.

She sure is an adorable girl!

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

I didn't even try to guess! I just came to say, Eris and Grace, what precious puppy girls you are and I hope you grow up to be beautiful (well, remain beautiful!), healthy and enjoy long, happy lives! I bet you like to take walks and run, run, run! Please don't run near the street, though, okay? Maybe your people will give you a pet for me because you are SO CUTE!!!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

wow how nice that you got 2 for company!

So where are you located? Welcome to PT!

I see the tail and I think sighthound. Also the chest. The face wrinkles look so pittie to me
    I saw differently I think the muzzle is very greyhound like and the body shape (in the running picture) Especially with Eris. Their ears, wrinkles and big sticky feet made me think pit.
    Well anyways we kind of got it right
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I saw greyhound in her, but would not have guessed Rottie right now! Maybe when she is full grown - but it's funny - greyhounds heads are soooo narrow, and Rottie's heads are soooo square, that she ended up just in the middle, and just right!
    I've Been Frosted

puppy pics

A bunch of people keep seeing the pit, myself included. I think a littel more growing will truly tell. Here's a couple of pics from when they were jsut 8 weeks, and you can see how the facial structure is changing a little bit.

Eris:

And Grace:

They're leaning out pretty well, and the snouts are getting longer. I still think they are adorable regardless.

~Angie, Sierra & Buddy