View Poll Results: do your dogs do car rides?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES YES YES! of course, they go everywhere with me, no matter what.

21 45.65%
  • on ocasion, for vet check ups and dog park visits.

28 60.87%
  • HEK NO, are you crazy, they would the interior of the car.

0 0%
  • NOPE. not even to do the vet, i call them for house calls LOL.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do you let your dog go on car rides?

do you let your dog go on car rides?

So, do you do car rides?

as of now i have a sports car, and yes they go, we go to the store they go, we go to the bank they go, we go to Petco, they go.. LMAO!! lucky for us we live in a semi small city, we are very pet friendly, we have people take their dogs into hair cut places, dollar stores, discount stores. . the only place we do not see them, unless they are service dogs is the grocery store/restaurants .. other than that pretty much anyone will allow dogs.. so, what is the story with you PT members?
    1 lab/GSD mix pup, Thunder
    1 lab whippet mix, Cinni
    the Flock: Lovebird,peppermint; 2 finches, Lilo & stitch
    The Aquatics: 4 Red eared sliders, Mikey, Ralphie, SPunky, Baby "T". YBS, Capt Jack Sparrow, 4 Goldfish, Golden,AJ, BJ, Silver Scrappy Doo. 2 ADF;s, BigButt & Kermie. 2 Tertra's UK. 1 new GF scooby doo.
    The little furBabies: 2 dwarf hamsters, Snow,Cinderella.
    RIP Little Jasmine Dwarf Hamster. 2/20/2008
    Wife to: Jeremy, 34
    Mother to: 13 yr old son, Brady
    MTB: a boy and girl TBD on names

We take our dogs whenever we can!

Kristi

Now Tobey no longer throws up before we get to the end of the road its not a problem
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Yes, I usually let them go with me on errands. They love car rides.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Autumn gets to come on small errands, ones where she isn't alone in the car more than a minute. Its my way of giving her something special since she's getting old and slow and can't keep up with me and the pup.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Reilly goes with me and/or Jeff whenever we are not going to be out of the car for very long. He loves it and I love taking him with me, it is a nice special thing for us.

Duke always goes on car rides with me. Everywhere we go, he goes.
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

Eli goes to Petsmart and the dog park usually every weekend... Bunny and Zeke get to ride around sometimes.. if I'm just making one quick errand or we're going to Grandma's house. I had a sports car.. Scion tC.. lowered, all kind of mods, it was beautiful... Decided that I should trade it in and get a car that all three could ride around in.. and not have to worry about the hair! So now I have an Xterra, and my first mod was a no-rattle dog gate. So they can all come along with me now. I dont like to take them when its too hot or cold though.. like its in the 30's (F) today, so I wouldnt want to take them, because theyd have to huddle together for heat while I was in a store.

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!

I take as many as I can, as often as I can. Sometimes all I can take is one and then . . . it's a difficult decision, which results in some mad dashes to sneak out the door without a harness on!

Bichons are noted for being stolen from cars; they always look like young dogs and people will smash a window and take your dog. So I have to be cautious what my rounds are, whether they can come or not. I've mentioned in other threads, they are regular customers in my bank branch, and Lacey is the ONLY dog to ever sit on the manager's desk!

usually only if we are going somewhere that they can come in, or if the place we are going is FOR them like seminares and classes and what not, as well on for hikes and trips to the dogpark of coarse. for just regular car trips though, not usually, the odd time here and there we will let ONE of the 6 dogs come for a care ride, usally Happy or Perky.

Guinness goes almost everywhere with my dad.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I wish I could take Dasher more often. But it is just too hot and humid down here so he only gets to go for rides when it's cool or on trips to the dog park or Petco.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

We take Sassy with her on occasions, but it really depends on where we are going.

wow, sounds like we have a tie for YES YES always and Only for Vets and such..

so, the next question would have to be is >>> For those who take their pups with how do they ride?

In the frontseat?
    in the backseat??
    In a dog made Carseat??

When mine are with me it is usually Thunder in the front seat laying down, and Cinni, is usually all over for the trip out, then on the way back she is layed down in the back seat.
    1 lab/GSD mix pup, Thunder
    1 lab whippet mix, Cinni
    the Flock: Lovebird,peppermint; 2 finches, Lilo & stitch
    The Aquatics: 4 Red eared sliders, Mikey, Ralphie, SPunky, Baby "T". YBS, Capt Jack Sparrow, 4 Goldfish, Golden,AJ, BJ, Silver Scrappy Doo. 2 ADF;s, BigButt & Kermie. 2 Tertra's UK. 1 new GF scooby doo.
    The little furBabies: 2 dwarf hamsters, Snow,Cinderella.
    RIP Little Jasmine Dwarf Hamster. 2/20/2008
    Wife to: Jeremy, 34
    Mother to: 13 yr old son, Brady
    MTB: a boy and girl TBD on names

Kind of mentioned it before... but I'll elaborate. Bunny and Zeke stay in the back (trunk area of SUV) behind the dog gate and Eli sits in the backseat. He likes to try and step on the center console.. but we're teaching him "back seat" means so.. So hopefully eventually he'll start to lay down or at least sit in the seat... So he doesnt fall over when I turn. Its too crowded with all three in the very back. And Bunny gets real weird when the wind comes in the window... She gets real snippy at it... Oh these special dogs...

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!

We will take Zoee with us if it's a quick trip to the store or post office. And we always take her up to my brothers, which is a long trip.
    In the Yukon she rides in the back, we fold one of the seats down....unless I'm not in the car, or when we stop she jumps in the front seat and drools all over my seat.
    In my car (Jetta) I bought this really cool sling thing at Target that straps over all four headrests. It keeps her from falling to the floor if I have to break or turn hard. It is always in my backseat unless I have to put people passengers back there. Then I warn them they must deal with the dog hair.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)