Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Day for the Dogs at the Kuhn House - Please pray

Big Day for the Dogs at the Kuhn House - Please pray

Tomorrow Tucker gets the big snip - which I know he will come through quite fine but still worry about cause he's so little compared to the other dogs at his age. But he is 6 months old and they say its better to do it before he starts to those cute little boy things like marking so tomorrow it is.

Christy's dalmation, Destiny is going to have her teeth cleaned and again a relatively simple thing but who ever wants their dog put under for anything?

And since I am dropping the other two off, they suggested I bring Snoopy in so they can see how he is doing and weigh him. He looks so good although there is still some fluid buildup and of course he is skinnier than he has been in years because he hadn't been eating well - of course, that is starting to change but I would like to try to keep the weight off because that should help with some of his problems.

So keep the pups in prayer - I'm sure every thing will go okay but a few prayers never hurt anything.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

on the way mom -
    now go to bed and get some sleep!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

<picks up Prayer Line> <dials God>

HI God ~

Sorrie fur the late notice, but kan You find a set of kleen *scrubbies* to wear atta Klinik
    in Findlay tumorrow? Tubby & Peanut know da way - You've been there affore.

It's gonna be a Three-fur-One visit ...
    * You're up fur an assist wiff lil Tucker's *snip & klip* ... he sez You can keep the stuff -
    he doesn't have a pockit ta carry 'em in, an no keychain either.

* Then there's Miz Destiny needin a Dental - shine her up so she *dazzles* 'em!

* And then there's our lil Buddie - Snoopy - just in fur a check-em-up -
    We'd ALL like ta hear a GOOD Report on him!

OH ... an that *FRANTIK* lookin Mom inna waitin room --- She'll need sum extra
    Big {{{God'sHugs}}} ta get through all this --- can You Help her out, too?

THANKS, God!!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

No matter how many times I've been through taking a pet in for the neuter or spay process, I always get nervous, so I completely understand your post! Prayers ont he way, from RI that all goes fine.

Prayers headed your way Diana

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

That is a lot to be concerned about at one time. But several of your dogs have been through so much (but with 12[?] dogs I guess that is to be expected). Prayers and good thoughts going out for all of the Kuhn family dogs.

Thoughts and prayers for our cousins (or uncles and cousin?)

First off, Ginger's Mom - I have 6 dogs but my daughter, her two children and her 3 dogs (one being Destiny who is getting the teeth cleaned) is living with us while daddy is in Iraq. The other 3 are Amy's (Cincy's mom) and only come for visits.

Second, I took all 3 at once this morning - it was quite the scene. I was planning on leaving Tucker and taking Destiny and Snoop in first. But every one got so excited and trying to get out so I ended up taking all 3 - the problem being I didn't put Tucker on a Leash so I was holding him and he is frantically trying to get down with the other dogs. And Destiny (a dalmation) is a flighty, chicken and so she and Snoopy are barking and trying to run every which way. We then got to the door and just as Christy warned me, Destiny who has only been to this vets like twice, turned and started going back to the car. Snoopy is trying to force his way in and Destiny is making me hold ground and not move forward. One of the vet tech sees me and asks if I need help! Nah, I'll just stand here and see who wins the battle of coming in or going home! She evidently didn't see Snoopy or Destiny and couldn't understand why I was having such trouble getting in the door with Tucker.

They took Tucker right away, and then Destiny and then the doc saw Snoopy. We saw Dr. Freeman his time and he says Snoopy looks great - that he can still feel that his liver is very large but he is holding a lot less fluid. Snoopy weighed 64 lbs the time I went in and Dr. Freeman sent us to Columbus. Today he weighed 54 lbs. Which is good - he was a little heavy and needed to lose some weight. Now that he is eating again though we will have to watch that he doesn't put too much on. Putting much confirmed that we need to give him Keppra and the Denosyl for life and valium when he has a seizure to keep him from having more. He said he could do some blood tests that would tell us some things about how well his liver and kidneys are doing but that it wouldn't change anything as far as treating him. But he said if I had to know he would do it but it would be expensive. And it could give me some news I don't want to know. So we decided to let things go as they are - Snoopy is doing good, feeling good, eating good and right now that is all we can expect.

He said he had looked at Destiny before he came in and she was down 3 lbs but still needed to go down about 7 more. And her teeth needed the cleaning but he didn't see that there were any abcesses or extractions needed.

He hadn't looked at Tucker but had one of the girls call even before I got Snoopy home to say he looked good but he did still have two baby teeth that should have come out before now - so he was going to pull them. We also decided to have extra outside stitches put in since he has so many pups to come home too that could cause problems with the rowdiness. So now it is wait and see. They should call about 3 and let me know how he did and when to pick him up.

--William Feather

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Dog Mother

One of the vet techs sees me and asks if I need help!
    Nah, I'll just stand here and see who wins the battle of coming in or going home!

We saw Dr. Freeman his time and he says Snoopy looks great ...

Snoopy is doing good, feeling good, eating good and right now that is all we can expect.

They should call about 3 and let me know how Tucker did and when to pick him up.
    Don't they offer Curb Service iffin you sit in the car an *HONK* da horn?

GREAT NEWS on our Bud SNOOPY!!!
    Way to GO, Kiddo!

It's 5:30 ... hope you're on the way to fetch lil Tucker.
    We'll keep the Prayer Kandilz burning a lil longer.

Diana, it sounds like a riot just getting inside the office. I am so glad
    Snoopy is holding his own now. Sounds like a good visit. Hope Tucker
    comes through with flying colors too.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I had to laugh as I pictured you trying to enter the vet. That must have been quite the sight. So very glad to hear about Snoopy! I don't blame you about not getting the tests done. I hope that sweet dog has many happy and healthy years with you. How did Tucker do? He's such a doll.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Tucker and Destiny are home and doing great. Tucker was all wiggly and tryng to climb up over my shoulders. Dr. Freeman was standing there and I said wasn't that anesthesia supposed to make him tired and sleepy. He just laughed and said see how well the drugs work? He is sleeping now so I guess it still has some effect on him. He was starving of course adn they said to give him only 1/4 - 1/2 of his normal food tonight - let me tell you that did not make my boy happy - he went over to the food container and kept nosing around trying to find some dropped pieces.

Thanks for all the prayers - they do work!

--William Feather

Aw Tucker, maybe you can talk mom into an extra snack in the AM!

Glad all seems well!

Glad everyone is home and feeling good!

I'm so glad to hear that all went well. I'm glad to hear that Snoopy is holding his own.

I do have to admit that reading about getting in the door cracked me up. I have five dogs and every so often Significant Other (Dick) gets the brilliant idea that we should take them all to the vet at the same time. Want to talk about a comedy act. Your description sound so much like us that I laughed out loud.

Robin