Thread: Ruby girl!

Ruby girl!

You are so sweet! I'm sorry about your first person. I didn't know that people could be so mean. But it sounds like you have a wonderful life now. Happy DOTD!
    Love, Rufus the dog, Dutchess the bunny, Elvis and Spike the cockatiels, and Tetra the goldfish.

Super Ruby

Congrats to Ruby for getting such a great home with a great family and for learning to trust again. And you look super cute in your dress!

Ruby, you deserve each and every honor you get and we only wish you knew in what high regard we hold our Dog of the Day. I can only imagine what it took for you to survive the emotional and physical torture you had endured in the past. Your diminuative size only makes it more remarkable that you came through all that to one day be able to accept love and care and the adoration which you now have. I hope the years to come will one day completely erase any bad memories you had from before.

Ruby, you sweet, beautiful and strong. Every step you take, every move you make derseves an *atta girl*. You have survived and now you can thrive as A Dog of the Day the world over.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Ruby what an adorable girl you are!!!

I wish I could give your previous owner a swift kick in the behind for you!!!
    I'm so glad you have a wonderful happy life now. Who could blame you for not liking to be piced up after what that evil person did to you?

I hope you have a wonderfully fun day today with lots of luvies and treats too.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our special Dog of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Ruby,

You are a precious little soul & I am sooo happy your loving family found
    you before it was to late to help you. You deserve the best in life, you have
    already seen the worst. Big congratulations to you & your loving family on
    being chosen for honors today as our DOG OF THE DAY. Sending tons of
    hugs & kisses for you sweetheart.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Darling Ruby. What a privilege it is for us to honor you here today, as our exra special and most deserving Sunday honoree! Your courage, your indomitable spirit, your will to survive is an inspiration to us all. It's hard to imagine how any human could be so cruel, so heartless, as your first so called, "family." Thank goodness for people like your wonderfully caring and compassionate forever family! Amazing how far a little understanding, patience, time, and lots and lots of unconditional love can go in helping to heal a wounded soul! You've already made such strides Ruby girl and hopefully, with time, those horrific days of abuse will be but a distant memory! Enjoy your special day precious Ruby, and each and every moment of your blessed "second life!" Gentle hugs and kisses to you, sweetheart! Happy DOG OF THE DAY!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hi, Ruby! You are a beautiful girl. Your story is very touching. I'm so happy for you that you are in a loving home now and your people really work hard to rehabilitate you to make you a happy girl. It's nice to have other doggie pals to play with, too! Enjoy your special day. Congrats on DOTD!

I also adopted an abused Chi.

Hi Ruby and Mom!

When I read your Dog of the Day story my eyes got filled with tears. What a horrible experience for this poor little darling. No dog no matter what should go through something like this, but particularly not a fragile little one like Ruby. It just makes me so mad how people are capable to be so reckless and mean.

Ruby's story hits close home to me because I also adopted an abused Chihuahua last June. Peppy was only 1 year and a half when I adopted him. He was already being returned to the rescue for the third time in such a short period of time. He was extremely shy and the people at the rescue where worried that he may bite if threatened. When one of the volunteer took him for a walk, this little 7 lbs boy got loose and ran away through a parking lot full of moving cars and then crossed the busiest road in town and got lost into the woods. When I heard his story I told the people in charge of the rescue that I wanted to foster him as soon as they were able to find him. Poor Peppy was lost in the woods for a whole weekend. Then I finally got to meet him and it totally broke my heart how shy and scared he was. I took him home and thanks to God he immediately warmed up to my 2 Rat Terriers (it is hard to ignore them he he). It took him a couple of days to warm up to me though, but after he did, he became my little shadow. I noticed right away that he was probably being kicked by his previous "owners". Every time I would lift my feet, he would curl into a little ball and tremble. I quickly learn not to make sudden movements around him. Just one week into the fostering I decided that this baby had enough heartbreaks in his short life and I adopted him. Now Peppy is a very happy puppy... while he is at home. It is still very hard for him to interact with strangers, specially males. I am still the only person he fully trusts, but he tolerates by mom and my boyfriend, as long as I am around. To this day, it still constantly breaks my heart to think how much pain he had endured before I got him.

I just hope one day my Peppy and your Ruby can totally be healed and trust people again.

Kisses to Ruby from me and Peppy.
    Last edited by lunnapr; 02-18-2008 at 03:08 PM. Reason: typpos

Ruby, sweetie, you really do look very pretty in your little dress, and I hope your Mom will give you gentle hugs for me. You sure are a very brave and strong little girl to have survived such horrible treatment. I am so happy to hear that you have found yourself a loving and safe home. And I hope you and your fursibs have a wonderful time celebrating your special honor as Dog of the Day.

What a pretty little girl you are Ruby! You look charming in your shiny red dress. Poor Ruby to have endured such a terrible first experience with humans. I'm glad that you have learned that there are humans, such as your forever family, who know how to tenderly love little doggies. Ruby, you are a great DOTD!

Ruby girl, how nice you look in your namesake color! You had a horrible start in life but now you are with a family who is teaching you to be loved and to love in return. Happy Dog of the Day to you, precious one. Come back and visit us again and bring your Chi-sibs.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dearest Ruby,

I almost didn't have time to visit DOTD today, but I'm so glad I did, or I would have missed seeing you and reading about your life! It makes me ill to picture you being thrown into a lake to become "a camping dog" and having to spend the night all alone beside the highway. The same things, and worse, should happen to that horrible person!

Anyway, you have been rescued now, and have a loving home. I hope every day brings you more and more understanding that you no longer have to be afraid.

Thank you for being our DOTD, and thank you, Ruby's mom, for sharing her story.

Dottie

Thank You for the Kind Words

Hi All,
    Ruby is my mom's dog. My mom is very happy to read the kind comments about Ruby. You don't know how much she appreciates them. Thank you!

Ruby has made great strides since our family adopted her in late August 2003. She still has her fearful moments tho. Ruby has progressed to the point where my dad can finally pick her up and hold her. Since Ruby's arrival, we have adopted three more chis. (My dog, Tinkerbell, was dog of the day on July 4, 2005.). It has helped Ruby out tremendously. It makes life interesting in our household and a lot of fun with four chis. We love to watch the dogs interact.

Kristi

Hi Kristi,

Thanks so much for posting. I have been thinking alot about little Ruby. Thanks to your Mom and all the family for saving this precious little girl. Please feel free to go our Dog General section to post more pictures of Ruby so we can get to know all of you better.

Terry, Daisy and Delilah

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Pics

I have sooo many pics of Ruby and the other chis. You might get tired of them. I will go over and read the instructions on how to post so you can see pics of the chis.

Kristi