Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 747484950515253545556575859 LastLast

Thread: [Dear You. . .]

Aww, good to hear. And glad you know when to ignore things like "pretend angina" - maybe at some point you can find a copy (in a used book store maybe) of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" - and cross out Wolf and replace it with Angina on the cover and anonymously mail it to him!
    I've Been Frosted

Dear Cubs ... do you really think that yet another change of managers is going to help? And it was pretty rotten of you to allow the media to spill the beans even before you made the announcement. But, whatever. I'm about to give up hope for this team ever appearing in the post-season again.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dear Pet Talk,

I may not say this often enough; but I am grateful for all the people, cats, dogs and pets of Pet Talk! You are wonderful!

Thank you,
    Elyse

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Blog Entries
    Here, here! I second that.

And I third it!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

To: The person from another floor who used the laundry room on my floor and left tissue shreds all over the floor in the laundry room, the carpet in front of and in the elevator

Are you kidding me?! You left a mess in the laundry room! Why didn't you clean up after yourself? Don't you own a broom? You expect the custodian to take care of that? How rude! Would it have been so hard to pick up the dozens of tissue shreds before they got tracked all up and down the hall? You're a lazy slob. I think I know who you are and if I find such a mess in the laundry room again, I'm going to sweep up the tissue and dump it in front of your door. You're right up there with the kid who put a bag of trash out on his patio (instead of taking it to the dumpster) after the Bears game last Sunday, and the raccoons and possums got a hold of it and made a huge mess.

Blog Entries
    Ya, what she said ya rotten bugger !!!!😜

Dear B.,

What gives? I hadn't heard from you in almost three months and suddenly you wanted to get together. That's fine, but I think some of what we talked about should be discussed between you and A. as opposed to you and me. During the months I hadn't heard from you, I was going through a rough time myself that is still not over, so it's hard for me to respond to your questions right now. I think you should give those cheap shoes away, go to a department store and buy a pair of properly fitted, supportive shoes. But I can't say that aloud because of the approach you and A. take to money management. It wasn't until I was on my way home that I realized what you were asking me to do for your vacation. I'm not willing to do that, because it would be no vacation at all for me. Get on line and research your options. I'm sure A.'s sister would be happy to help if you asked her. I looked up the two providers you called me about; I don't know either of them. (I don't know every provider in that specialty in the county, y'know.) Again, you can get on line and check out the choices you were given. I'm sorry I can't help you further with that, but I'm not familiar with either of those provider groups. Choose one and if you find it is a bad fit, switch to the other one. I still think this is all something you need to talk over with A., so call me back when you've done that.

Wish I could help you further,
    Me

Dear Mother Nature: Could you please give my friends who live east of here, a break from the winter weather. They have had enough snow for 2 winters. Stop already.

Thank you,
    Elyse

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Dear Mother Nature: Could you please give my friends who live east of here, a break from the winter weather. They have had enough snow for 2 winters. Stop already.

Thank you,
    Elyse
    Dear Mother Nature: I am joining in on this plea! They've gotten enough snow for 5 or 6 winters, I think.

Please stop!

Many thanks,
    Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Dear Mother Nature: Enough with the hurricanes already. First Texas, now the Caribbean islands and Florida. Knock it off.

And Katia hitting the Mexican coast as well! - prayers are with everyone in their respective paths!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    And Katia hitting the Mexican coast as well! - prayers are with everyone in their respective paths!
    Mexico was also hit by a very strong earthquake. How much more can everybody endure?

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Dear You:

HATE is HATE no matter what "side" you are on. A BULLY is a BULLY not matter what "side" you're on. You don't see yourself as a hater or a bully for some reason. If someone doesn't respect and honor your life choices, they are homophobic bigots. Yet, you do not respect and honor life choices made by others. It goes both ways. If you want to be respected, try showing some respect for your family who have made other lifestyle/religious choices.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Dear Dental Receptionist:
    You are the face of the practice, and as far as I can tell, you don't have a very nice face (over the phone that is!).
    I called yesterday, because my crown popped off, and you told me there's nothing available until next week. I asked about Saturday (today), because I knew you offered those hours. You told me very rudely that you're not open every Saturday...
    I was in the area today, so I drove to your office, and what do you know? You're open, not busy (the very nice receptionist told me she was bored), and they took me in at 9:45 and the tooth was fixed at 10:30!!!
    Unfortunately, rude receptionist, I don't know your name, but I know if your employer would know about this, you might loose your job (not a very big loss indeed!)
    P.S.: Yesterday, after I had accepted your 1pm appointment for Monday, I thought that making a 60 mile roundtrip from work and back and therefore losing one hour of work (and my lunch) did not make sense, and after today, I like you even less.