Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast

Thread: [Dear You. . .]

Dear Mother Nature,

The weather around here is "meh" today and the forecast is the same for tomorrow. Then Tuesday and Wednesday are supposed to be lovely. I'm working those days. Why is the weather nice on days when I'm stuck inside all day? I'd rather have it be nice today and "meh" on Tuesday when I don't even have time to take lunch outside. Oh, well. That's autumn, I guess.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dear Pranksters,

I am aware it is October, the glorious month of Halloween. I love this month far more than the average person, and anyone who knows me at all knows that I absolutely live for a good prank. The shenanigans you pranksters have been pulling are far from anything I would consider a "good" prank, though. They classify more as being thoughtless and a clear sign that you guys are complete and utter idiots. Stealing people's trash cans and lining them up in other people's yards is not funny-- it's theft. And proceeding to steal another trash can, driving by at a high speed and throwing said trash can into the other ones you have lined up is downright infuriating. I work hard for my money and I shouldn't have to be spending it on replacing the trash cans you have ruined.
    Speaking of work, my boyfriend and I really don't appreciate being woken up at 12:35am when we have to get up to get ready for work in a matter of hours. Then again, since you were so loud about it this time we got to see what kind of car you drive. Law enforcement has been notified and have already been seen patrolling our neighborhood.
    This is the second week in a row... if you are dumb enough to try this again next week, I think you'll regret it. Everyone here is sick and tired of this nonsense.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Dear Saturn and GM:

Yes, I understand that the car is eight years old. And that the part necessary to make the repair has to be special ordered. This is the second repair in less than a year that will cost over a thousand dollars. If I was rude, I sincerely apologize. Chevrolet service personnel always look nervous when I go there with my Saturn, like they are not quite sure what to do with me. I had no idea it would cost that much and I have no way to know if you're quoting me an appropriate price or if I'm paying through the nose. I'm trying to keep the car for at least another year because I don't want to take on car payments yet. I'm trying to save for the down payment on a place closer to work. When this car finally gives up the ghost, it will probably be replaced with a brand whose name ends with N or a vowel. I was not expecting the repair work to cost that much. There were others in the room when I was given the estimate and I was trying not to look shocked.

Sincerely,
    Service customer

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Don't go to the dealership with a car not under warranty. Ask around for an honest and good mechanic. The labour costs will be lower. Shop around!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Dear Parents,

Something said tonight by a friend's significant other irked me, but then I remembered how you raised me. I was telling a friend about the new frog, and how I needed to buy him a bigger tank, and things like that. I didn't say anything nastily and I wasn't complaining. In fact, I am excited about the prospect of having a bigger tank and owning a cool beautiful new pet. This person goes "well why don't you just rehome it so you don't need to waste money?". I didn't really reply back, I merely said I wouldn't do that to any of my pets and to me it isn't wasting money. But then I thought back to how my parents raised me. We do not give up on pets, we do not re-home pets as if they're disposable. My parents did that with a dog once and promised themselves they'd never ever do that again. You do not make a commitment to something and break that commitment because it has become "inconvenient" or "annoying" or "too much money". You made a promise when you bought/rescued it to care for it and that's what you will do for the rest of it's life. Of course their are SOME exceptions, they always said, but you don't abandon or give up on animal for no reason. I will not give up my pet simply because it will cost me money. I don't get how something that I enjoy is a "waste" of money. It brings me joy to purchase pets, why should I need to be told how to spend my money if I CAN afford it and it brings me happiness? What business is that of yours anyway? My parents raised me better than to give up an animal that I made a commitment to for absolutely no reason. I will try my hardest never to have a pet, or to give up on any pet that ever comes into my home.

Sincerely,
    Alyssa

Dear upstairs neighbor: It's Saturday morning and you are blasting your music, same as last week. I'm trying to study for my certification exam and your metal is a huge distraction. If I respectfully ask you to turn it down, you'll play it even louder next time. If I contact management, I'll get the reputation for being someone who is petty and complains about everything. And you still won't turn it down. Why must you do this every weekend? I'm about ready to pack my materials and go to the library, but I shouldn't have to do that. Please turn it down. You might be surprised at how clearly I can hear it through the heating ducts.

Signed,
    Downstairs student

cassiesmom...I think being petty is gold compared to a loud, obnoxious upstairs neighbour. Does the management even know about it?

Compromise - unless your neighbour is doing aerobics, a good set of headphones would be ideal. He'd get even BETTER sound.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Dear Mother Nature: How is it possible for snow to fall when the temperature is below freezing? Snow and below-normal temperatures at the same time - that's a little much. I know, I know: you don't like the weather in Chicago, give it five minutes and it will change.

Dear spammers ...

I am completely not interested in "singles" of any race, color, nationality, age, religion or creed. Got married once, years ago, still married, not interested in changing this situation, thanks!
    I've Been Frosted

Dear co-worker with a cold:

Please take your coughing, sniffling, sneezing, stuffed-up self home already! I get that you're staying because you've used up all of your vacation time, but you shouldn't be here.

Thank you,
    Co-worker who is keeping a very low profile today

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Dear upstairs neighbor: It's Saturday morning and you are blasting your music, same as last week. I'm trying to study for my certification exam and your metal is a huge distraction. If I respectfully ask you to turn it down, you'll play it even louder next time. If I contact management, I'll get the reputation for being someone who is petty and complains about everything. And you still won't turn it down. Why must you do this every weekend? I'm about ready to pack my materials and go to the library, but I shouldn't have to do that. Please turn it down. You might be surprised at how clearly I can hear it through the heating ducts.

Signed,
    Downstairs student
    Saturday morning, 10:30 AM ... my neighbor's Saturday music is back! Grrrrr! Considering my options. If I contact management, he will be told it was me who contacted them, and he still won't turn it down. Might try to go through another neighbor up there.

I often hear people complain about their landlords, they can't reach them, ignore requests for help, and needed repairs just don't get done. That never happens with us. No matter what, you're always there for us and immediately come over to check the situation. Many times you call for the necessary help right from here. When the repair person is doing the job, you're always here with them following along. After the job is done, you call or stop by to make sure we're okay. Anytime we run into a money problem beyond our control, you're always willing to work out an agreement about the rent. We know how very fortunate we are to have you as our landlord and can't begin to tell you how very much you're appreciated.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Dear M,

I'm so done and trying so hard to be over you, if only it was that easy.

Bri
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Dear Tom Dreesen,

When I heard the commercial for your event for the Hundred Club of DuPage, I laughed when I heard you say the word "police" like it rhymes with "fleece"! You muss' be from da Sout' Side-a Chicago! (seriously, I hope your event is a huge success, because that's a very worthy cause.)

Sincerely,
    I'm from Chee-caaah-go too

Hey You:
    Just figured it out - you are in credibly boring. The persona you present to your clients and groupies bears no resemblance to who you really are. You're just a dull, uninteresting person. Shame it took me so long to figure it out.