Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast

Thread: [Dear You. . .]

Dear quiet car rider,

I wish you could have seen the number of people who looked at you with frustration as they walked by your seat on the train. It was clear that you didn't want to move over because you were sitting in the center of the seat with your arm up on your backpack. I did see you move the cold pack on your shoulder a couple of times, but a lot of other people did not. It's bad commuter karma to be a seat hog on a rush hour express train, even if you're in pain. If you really must, the best way to get a double seat to yourself is to choose a car further back in the train. The front couple of cars are where all of the type A's (and people like me who have only a short interval to get from the train to the office without being tardy) prefer to sit. It's fortunate that the regular conductor wasn't on today, because she would definitely have told you to share that seat.

Signed,
    Express regular
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dear to whom it may concern,

I NEED to pass this math final. I will study my arse off. I am doing so right now and will for a long time tonight, and the next few nights and till monday.. I seriously need to pass this class. I WANT this so bad. I need to have a worry-free summer...I just really need this. So to the big guy upstairs or WHOEVER, I WILL do everything I can, I will do my best, I'll meet you 99% there but what I am asking for is some good lucks to along the way...that's all.

Thanks,

A paranoid frustrated student.

Dear Math Exam,

I must say you are a worthy opponent. All my other finals thus far have been so simple. Anyway, I prepared as much as I could for you. I will do an overview before, but this is really it.

I hate you,

Alyssa

Dear Katie,
    It's been a month and I still turn the light on over the fire place as I walk across the living room at night so not to kick you because you always knew what path I was going to take so you always laid right in the middle of it. It breaks my heart to see an empty floor. Please know that I loved you and I'm glad I laid with you on your last night but I'm sorry I failed you so miserably during your last months by letting you suffer like you did. Run with Bull for me. Love, Ann.
    Hold your head high.
    Don't ever let 'em define
    The light in your eyes.
    Love yourself, give them Hell.
    You can take on this world.
    You just stand and be strong
    And then fight
    Like a girl.

Dear You,
    Please grow up and act your age, 68 not 5. Your wife has enough issues without having to deal with you 24/7. She can't control your diabetes. Only YOU can. Stop blaming her for all your failures. Show respect for others when out in public. How bout starting with showering more often and brushing your hair instead of just throwing on a hat?
    I know you love to complain and try to make others feel sorry for you, but that does NOT work on me. That would be why I do my best to avoid even talking to you most of the time.
    You are taking a direct path straight to the grave. And I suppose somehow you will also blame that on her. It's just very sad that people don't want to spend time with you. They don't want you dragging them down with you and your sinking ship.
    I hoped someday you would wake up and realize...........but I see this won't happen. If it hasn't happened in 68 years, it never will. It will always only be about YOU.

Signed,
    Me
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Dear Whoever,

I just wanted to post about the great night I had. Thanks to my overly generous mother I went to one of the best concerts I've ever been to. We had lawn seats and it was a far drive and the weather wasn't ideal but we got through it. I got a chance to see Luke Bryan, my absolute FAVORITE country singer, and MAN does he know how to put on a show. The atmosphere was fantastic as country concerts normally are regardless. The rain held out for him at least. The concert was mainly Jason Aldean, another one I love, but unfortunately it started pouring down in Camden when he finally came out. All in all though a great night with my siblings and friends. I LOVE country concerts. They are always so much fun and the people are great! Another proud night to be a COUNTRY fan.

Blog Entries

Kinda freaked

Hey, goin' on vacation soon but know i'm worried about leavin' me cats. got the hiccups and can't sleep at crunch time. Maybe I'm nuts, got great sitters but, well I'm kinda freaked. Oh my, how ridiculous. Gone thruogh this before but it never seems to get easier for me, damn!!

Dear You,
    All I want is my Road Runner to work! Can you please fix it?
    Signed, Fed Up with part time online service!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Dear Chicago Teachers Union and Chicago Public Schools: What would happen if, like the some of nurses' union contracts, the CTU had a "no work stoppage" clause in your contracts? Even if negotiations fail, nurses don't walk out on their patients. Hundreds of thousands of students have lost out on a positive second week of school. Please work this out quickly.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Dear You: Get up, dress up, show up. Got a problem with it? You like a paycheck, don't you? You like paying your bills on time? This is what's required.

Dear Employer,

I am glad I have a job. I am basically happy with my job. However, I do not want to live at work! Please lighten up the overtime!!!

Me
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Dear God,
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! for all the awesome things you blessed me with (today especially!) The shawarma was amazing! The Biology teacher told us to give the classwork on Wednesday. The Maths teacher didn't even check the homework! Thank YOU for keeping me safe today!

Thank you again!

Sana

Dear whoever,

Has anyone else felt so lost before? I am sitting here, at home, because I decided to save money and go to Community College. I see my best friends living on their own and having great experiences...and I feel like I'm just sitting here accomplishing absolutely nothing. Everyone tells me I have such a great future and such great potential, yet why can't I ever see that? I sit here and just worry about my next move, my next college, my career, what EXACTLY I want, where I am going to live and just everything I SHOULDN'T be worrying about. I feel like such a loser. Living at home at 19, not graduating CC in two years like a normal person, and not knowing where I want to go. My mom keeps tellin' me to go to the local private school and live at home to save money, but I don't want that. I regret not going away to school.

I've narrowed down my career path - I want a future in Wildlife/Biology/Agriculture/Farming, but WHAT exactly? I don't know. I feel like I'm wasting my money to get a piece of paper that won't matter because I won't get a job. I would kill to work for the Fish and Wildlife Service or the DOA but it's so difficult.

I'm just throwing a pity party for no reason. This is what happens when you have so much spare time to think.

{{{{{hugs}}}}} Alysser. There are so many sayings appropriate for your situation right now, and along them, "can't see the forest through the trees", "the grass is always greener" and "one day at a time" come to my mind first. There is NOTHING glamorous about living on your own at 19. Nothing at all. Heck, I lived with my mom, at 29, for three years, while I completed law school. I can't say that I spent two seconds regretting that decision. I was a full 10 years older than you! You do what you have to do to get where you want to be. It isn't in a second. It isn't in a week, and it isn't in two years. Slow down. You have the rest of your life to pay the bills. Trust me, it really isn't all that it is cracked up to be!

I would encourage you to think about what you want to do, and what you can do in that field. I don't encourage you to find some obscure major, or some highly competitive field to focus on, or the rest of your life you will spend trying to be gainfully employed. It is great to say that you should 'follow your passion'. Right up until the word 'reality' comes into play. I would rather pay my bills than follow my dreams, from a practical standpoint. Don't forget, you are 19. Things happen, life changes, even goals change. What you know you want at 19 just might not be what you want at 25 or 30. Lots more living ahead of you than behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    {{{{{hugs}}}}} Alysser. There are so many sayings appropriate for your situation right now, and along them, "can't see the forest through the trees", "the grass is always greener" and "one day at a time" come to my mind first. There is NOTHING glamorous about living on your own at 19. Nothing at all. Heck, I lived with my mom, at 29, for three years, while I completed law school. I can't say that I spent two seconds regretting that decision. I was a full 10 years older than you! You do what you have to do to get where you want to be. It isn't in a second. It isn't in a week, and it isn't in two years. Slow down. You have the rest of your life to pay the bills. Trust me, it really isn't all that it is cracked up to be!

I would encourage you to think about what you want to do, and what you can do in that field. I don't encourage you to find some obscure major, or some highly competitive field to focus on, or the rest of your life you will spend trying to be gainfully employed. It is great to say that you should 'follow your passion'. Right up until the word 'reality' comes into play. I would rather pay my bills than follow my dreams, from a practical standpoint. Don't forget, you are 19. Things happen, life changes, even goals change. What you know you want at 19 just might not be what you want at 25 or 30. Lots more living ahead of you than behind you.
    Alysser, Cataholic has shared some wonderful advice with you from her own experiences. Be sure to save this and refer back to it as it is very wise. Slow down, you are going to be just fine. Don't be so hard on yourself, it will all fall into place nicely as the years go by.