Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: [Dear You. . .]

Dear Jeep,

My sister is driving you to her summer place tomorrow. You've been a lot of trouble the past several months and I wish there had been the funds for you to be replaced. No such luck, though. So I just want to say that you'd better not give my sister any trouble! Understood?

Signed,
    One who wishes she had a better vehicle for her sister to take instead
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

dear aaron,

i understand that we just met a month ago, but there's something between us that i can't quite grasp. if soulmates truly exist, i have a feeling you're mine.

i miss you. plain and simple. i miss you more than anyone right now. i know we're still testing this distance thing, and so far its bearable... but i long to have you next to me.

"nothing to cry about, cuz we'll hold each other soon"

later alligator.
    -meg

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

my dearest axel,

i know you're hurting. you've got a thing for anne... more feeling and compassion for anyone than i've seen in a long time. but she's not right for you. as much as you want to help her and love her and give her the world... she doesn't see it. she's stuck with her abusive boyfriend and we both have tried everything we can think of to get her away from him, but nothing works.

you're an amazing person and an even more amazing friend. i want to see you happy more than anything, but it wont be with her and im sorry.

we're both in the same boat... nice people don't get anywhere, do they? we'll both find happiness someday -- just one day at a time, dear. we're too nice for our own good... but someday, we'll both find someone to appreciate us and not take advantage of us.

we're in this together. someday.

-meg

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Dear Summer,

Thank you for coming back these past several days! I missed you!

Fan of Summer

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Dear B.,

You missed my birthday for the second year in a row and I am hurt. I gave you a birthday gift last year, a Christmas gift, and this year I bought your birthday gift at a local craft show/sale and I thought you would get a huge kick out of it. I spent quite a bit of money on it, more than I'd planned to spend on your gift, but I figured you'd be thrilled; and I am disappointed at your reaction. We usually get together weekly; last weekend you had plans that changed at the 11th hour, and I got the call. I wanted to be invited with the other people you were having over, not as your fill-in guest. This week I made other plans because I expected that you were not going to be free. You asked earlier than last time, but -- sorry -- I'm busy! I know you have nothing planned for next week but I might, or I might not. Depends on my mood.

I don't know what else to do. There is nothing I can tactfully say to let you know how hurt I am that you missed my birthday. You didn't even bother to mail or e-mail me a card. All I can say is that the next time we're together, you better have a gift. And not something you want to regift that you just stuck in a gift bag you happened to have on hand. This time I would appreciate if you'd put some effort into it. You claim we're close, such good friends, and then you do things like this. Actions speak louder than words, missy.

I'm writing this on my calendar so it doesn't happen again next year, because I am hurt; disappointed in you for letting me down; and disappointed in myself for expecting better.

Signed,
    Me

Dear you,

I am sorta happy it's over. We went out for a month and a half and for 3 weeks I liked you, alot actually. The second time we saw each other, I felt great being with you. Then, we sorta stopped texting alot. It became like my previous relationship, and we never did anything. You invited all your friends places, but never me. My friend had to tell you to invite me to the mall. I don't know, lately I just haven't been trusting you..I didn't think there was someone else but now I feel there is. I don't know, I hope I'm wrong. Maybe I have just felt this way because you go to a different school or because we don't hang out much. I don't know, but just so you know, if there is someone else you can delete me from your contacts FOREVER.

Signed,
    your giddy ex

Dear You:
    The silence is deafening. So much unsaid and unresolved.
    There’s an elephant in the room screaming for attention.
    We know it’s there but we each try to pretend it isn’t and walk around it.
    “How was your meeting”?
    “Fine”
    “How was Louie on his walk”?
    “He was OK”
    “Do you want something to eat”?
    ”No thanks I’m not hungry”
    “How are you feeling”? Oops wrong thing to say – may have to talk about feelings.
    “I’m OK”.
    Phew – that was close.
    Wouldn’t it be better if we talked about this even if it might be painful?

Dear (I know who you are Whether you realized it or not you completely broke my heart. We went out for 2 months and you said you loved me-I didn't ever tell you that back because I didn't know how I felt yet. I mean we had only been going out not even 6 weeks when you first told me that...so it shocked me and I didn't know how to react so that's why I said nothing. If you had given me a chance I could have loved you. I know I would have. I can't help it-I fall for guys too easily and you were one of them It's not your fault...or maybe it is for being so sweet to me when we were dating..lol.. I try to look all happy and smile while I'm at work. I don't want you to see me upset even though inside it hurts me each time you talk to another girl. It hurts when I leave from work and you don't even hug me or say goodbye. You use to always give me a hug when I left and that meant a lot to me. I don't understand what happened between us. I don't know what went wrong. I wish you would tell me-I want to tell you that you don't have to act like we're strangers...so many people have told me to forget you, but I can't. I think about you a lot. Even though this may sound crazy I still want to be friends. I'd rather be your friend than nothing at all. When I saw you at work today I wanted to talk to you so bad. There were several different times you walked by me and I started to tell you hi, but each time I couldn't do it...I know that sounds kiddy, but I can't help it. You just hurt my feelings so bad and it's hard to let it go; especially when I see you every day. I'm not mad though, I wish you knew that cause I feel like you might think I am mad at you-and I'm not. Well, anyways...I miss you and I'm sure I'll see you tomorrow.
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Athens, GA USA is where I currently live.
    My Dear Husband,

This is hard for me to write. I miss you so much, it's beyond painful. I live from day to day and the anguish becomes less, but I don't stop missing you for a minute. I'm trying not to be mad at you, but how could you take your own life? You were cautious, you ate right, took care of yourself. HOW could you do this to the man I loved and will always love? What a waste of a great musical talent, UNBELIEVABLE! How could you do this to everyone who loved and cared about you? And how could you do this to me? I'm here, in the house. Sometimes I think you're with me, or I hope you are. I often have dreams where you're still alive. That's hard to say. Do you watch over the people you love? Are you sometimes watching over me and the cats? They are a great comfort to me. Are our departed cats with you, and your parents, my dad, and our friends whom we've lost? I think maybe Dad watches over me sometimes, but I think he'd mostly be with Mom. Tell Dad I miss him and love him, too, if that is possible. If I didn't believe you might be around at least sometimes, I don't know how I would go on. Do you hear me when I want to joke with you? And how is it that I've become a widow, how can that be? If only you could come home and it would all be untrue. I want to change it, I want to smash that reality; maybe I'm still in denial. It's strange, but I think in some ways, maybe I'm finding myself, or on the way to it. Anything I may have gained in losing you, I'd relinquish in an instant to have you back. I guess that's something I shouldn't think about. I beg you to please know and remember that I've always loved you and will love you forever.
    There are no ordinary cats. - Colette

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Dear B.,

You missed my birthday for the second year in a row and I am hurt. I gave you a birthday gift last year, a Christmas gift, and this year I bought your birthday gift at a local craft show/sale and I thought you would get a huge kick out of it. I spent quite a bit of money on it, more than I'd planned to spend on your gift, but I figured you'd be thrilled; and I am disappointed at your reaction. We usually get together weekly; last weekend you had plans that changed at the 11th hour, and I got the call. I wanted to be invited with the other people you were having over, not as your fill-in guest. This week I made other plans because I expected that you were not going to be free. You asked earlier than last time, but -- sorry -- I'm busy! I know you have nothing planned for next week but I might, or I might not. Depends on my mood.

I don't know what else to do. There is nothing I can tactfully say to let you know how hurt I am that you missed my birthday. You didn't even bother to mail or e-mail me a card. All I can say is that the next time we're together, you better have a gift. And not something you want to regift that you just stuck in a gift bag you happened to have on hand. This time I would appreciate if you'd put some effort into it. You claim we're close, such good friends, and then you do things like this. Actions speak louder than words, missy.

I'm writing this on my calendar so it doesn't happen again next year, because I am hurt; disappointed in you for letting me down; and disappointed in myself for expecting better.

Signed,
    Me
    Dear B.,

The gift you did give me, when you finally got around to it, was lame. I know I was supposed to be touched, because it was from you, and you collect those, and so you bought one for me; but I wasn't. You'd have been better off letting it go altogether.

Signed,
    me

Dear Family,

Thanksgiving is 7 weeks away, Christmas is 12 weeks away, and I am already worrying about who will be where when and how we all will get along. Can we please lay aside our differences for one holiday season and try to make nice for one another?

Thank you,
    Your youngest sister

Dear co-worker,

I was a little surprised this morning when you didn't own up to your mistake. When you asked me (in front of others) why I shred documents, I was very embarrassed. You should know the answer to that. I noticed that the company provided ink, postage and envelopes for your party invitations, too. I'm watching the classifieds.

Dear PTers.

Who are you all?

I cruise thru threads and sometimes come back to an 'oldie but goodie' thread where I just shake my head and I know that I am reading something special.

I laugh at the "Toilet Employer's" thread and then I am humbled and a little LES'd in the next two minutes.

I have never seen or read so many personal and really touching "notes to Dear You."

I am going to sit down and go thru the thread one day.....
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I love this thread too. It's nice to look back and go, "I was so stupid," lol.

It is a good read.

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Dear You Know Who You Are,

I'm tired of feeling guilty for the decisions I make. They have nothing to do with YOU and everything to do with ME. It's kind of sad to say this but you didn't even factor into the decision making. Stop being so selfish and thinking everything is about you. I know exactly where I want to be and who I want to be with. I know what it takes to make ME happy. For once in my life I want to make ME happy. I've spent 20 years trying to make you happy and it has never worked. You are never happy with what I do, so I'm just going to do what I want. At least one of us will be happy that way. Every time I bring it up I'm just looking for your approval. My mind is not changing but that doesn't keep me from hoping that yours will. I've finally found someone and a place where I belong. Please, even if you think badly of my choice, please just keep it to yourself. I don't need you shooting me down. I've had enough of you shooting me down. I don't want any part of it anymore. I've made my decision and you'll get used to it.

-Me
    Last edited by sumbirdy; 11-21-2009 at 05:25 PM.