Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34344454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast

Thread: [Dear You. . .]

Blog Entries
    I agree with everyone, cut yourself a little slack Life can be a little scary sometimes but accepting some help from your family who loves you is not a bad thing at all You sound intelligent and ambitous and I am sure whatever you choose to do, you will be wonderful at it! Have a little faith, oh ya, and eat your vegetables

I don't know where my state of mind was when I wrote that last night. I was a bit of a wreck. I'm sure listening to sad songs and things of that nature didn't help me whatsoever! I was still feeling it a little this morning but I have to say I do have extremely good friends. They assured me I wasn't a loser. I'm actually a little embarrassed by my post. I just really was throwing one big pity party but I truly felt worthless.

I'm not worried about getting a job in my chosen field, I'm more worried about just the job market in general. I was just flipping out, I just really hope this market improves. I'm not *SET* on one field, I'm more set on the whole National Park System or DOA in general (and there's still a whole private sector plus state and county park jobs). I'm sure it is difficult, but I am doing as much as I possibly can to gain experience now. Recently, sent in an app to volunteer with the Fish and Wildlife Service, had FFA in high school and I will probably have a bunch of internships and pretty decent grades. My degree is probably going to be as general as you can get around here, so no worries there! I was thinking about maybe getting an internship so I could move out for a few months and experience it. My mom likes that idea a lot better.

Thank you guys for the support I'm glad I have a support system here to. I really really hope my life does fall into place...wherever their supposed to!

Dear you:
    I will always love you but right now I really don't like you. You are becoming a bad tempered, bitter old man and notwithstanding your mental health issues I have neither the emotional or physical strength to deal with you at the moment. From now on I have no opinion about anything so there'll be no need to shout and bang or curse under your breath if you disagree. Do what you want - I'm not interested. If and when you are civil, l'll be happy to talk with you.

Dear Knee:

Could you please, please stop hurting. It has been over a week since I went to the doctor. I'm following her instructions but you are still hurting. You are limiting my ability to prepare for Christmas! I'm seeing a different doctor on Thursday and hopefully he will get you to quiet down. I have to make it through Christmas Eve and day and I can't do that if you keep bothering me! Knock it off already.

Dear K.:
    I know changes are coming in your family even though you have not said anything. It is time to man up. You have been an overgrown teenager long enough. Get this taken care of while you have the time.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Dear Knee:

Could you please, please stop hurting. It has been over a week since I went to the doctor. I'm following her instructions but you are still hurting. You are limiting my ability to prepare for Christmas! I'm seeing a different doctor on Thursday and hopefully he will get you to quiet down. I have to make it through Christmas Eve and day and I can't do that if you keep bothering me! Knock it off already.
    Dear Knee:
    Please see above. You made my holidays a lot more bothersome. Simmer down.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

5th anniversary

Dear Titanium rod in my femur,

Five years ago today you became a permanent part of my body, and not a day goes by that you don't remind me of it. Will you ever stop causing me pain and grief? I wish I could take back that fall that caused you to become a part of me, but since I can't, can you at least give me a pain free day occasionally???

Not with love,
    An old lady who is too old for this nonsense.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Dear Hospital Administration,

I'm an agency nurse on assignment at your facility. I've had to hit the ground running because there has only been limited back-up for the person I replaced. Through the grapevine I've heard that there are to be across-the-board budget cuts, including this department. Please look at that decision again because this department is working very hard to change course. While we are on the subject, I would be thrilled beyond belief to be offered this position on a permanent basis. I hope I am making a good impression on this department's managers. Everyone has been so kind and helpful to me, even though they are extremely swamped themselves. Please consider me; I know you won't regret it.

Thank you,
    "Visitor"

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Dear Titanium rod in my femur,

Five years ago today you became a permanent part of my body, and not a day goes by that you don't remind me of it. Will you ever stop causing me pain and grief? I wish I could take back that fall that caused you to become a part of me, but since I can't, can you at least give me a pain free day occasionally???

Not with love,
    An old lady who is too old for this nonsense.
    Dear titanium rod: Please give my friend a day without bothering her! Or, many days in a ROW!

Dear Road Runner,

I had surgery yesterday and will be home for a few weeks. PLEASE DO NOT START ACTING UP NOW!!!!!

You've been fine for months!!!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Dear gray and white kitty.........

I've seen you hanging around here the past few days, but I'm NOT going to feed you, so go home. The last waif I fed took up residence for over 9 years, and made this his home. NO MORE!!!!! RIP my dear little waif Sherbie. It was a good 9+ years tho, wasn't it boy??? I still miss you........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post

I'm an agency nurse on assignment at your facility. I've had to hit the ground running because there has only been limited back-up for the person I replaced. Through the grapevine I've heard that there are to be across-the-board budget cuts, including this department. Please look at that decision again because this department is working very hard to change course. While we are on the subject, I would be thrilled beyond belief to be offered this position on a permanent basis. I hope I am making a good impression on this department's managers. Everyone has been so kind and helpful to me, even though they are extremely swamped themselves. Please consider me; I know you won't regret it.

Thank you,
    "Visitor"

I've changed my mind. I don't want to join your team. I did the job with no clinical decision support criteria and no physician back-up. I shared an office with two people who both went to multiple doctor appointments while I was there. They both went to other teaching hospitals in the city. What does that say when your employees choose NOT to get their care where they work? It doesn't look good. The facility just looks tired and run-down, too. Almost every other hospital in the city is opening new patient care areas. You need to get a marketing person to step up your image so you can attract a different population. But the bigger issue to me is the total lack of support for the person in this role. I'm not going to put my license on the line on a long-term basis. You had your chance and you blew it.

Dear Agency Recruiter,

Were you listening when I told you last week about the immediate overtime reduction? Did you do anything with the information I gave you? I don't think you did. I had a premonition that something was going to go down soon and you didn't help me. I should have found out about the early end of the assignment from the account manager, not from your client. BTW, after I was summarily dismissed by the department head, I stayed at the facility for another couple of hours to hand off my workload to the person who will pick it up next week, to complete a couple of problems, and to bring my files to the manager's office. He left without receiving my files or even saying good-bye. I should have left as soon as I was dismissed, no hand-off, no resolution of the problems. See ya bye. But I am a good professional and I wanted my last impression to be a positive one. And just so you know, since you didn't seem to have a clue: U of C and U of I are two different facilities and they are not across the street from one another.

Without thanks,
    RN

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Dear gray and white kitty.........

I've seen you hanging around here the past few days, but I'm NOT going to feed you, so go home. The last waif I fed took up residence for over 9 years, and made this his home. NO MORE!!!!! RIP my dear little waif Sherbie. It was a good 9+ years tho, wasn't it boy??? I still miss you........

Let me know if wishing for this ever works. It doesn't seem to help around here.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Dear lady in the blue car in front of me on 31st Street,

Thank you for slowing down and very obviously pointing to the shoulder, I got to see the deer in the forest preserve! How neat to see six deer together in the picnic grove!

To the guy in front of me a little farther east on 31st Street,

I usually take that stretch of 31st a little slow because of the deer. I think I saw the doe step off the curb at about the same time you did and I was just about to change lanes when you tapped your brakes. My mom and dad see a deer there almost every Sunday either on the way to or coming home from church. I don't like to go that way because there are deer there so often, plus they blend in with the trees. I like to see them but I sure don't want to strike one. I'm glad you slowed down.

So glad you got to see the deer and everyone - humans, deer and cars, stayed safe! I had a deer cross in front of me on the way to choir the other night on a fairly busy road, I slowed down and then stopped, as she chose a spot with a fence blocking her from the woods, and I was worried she'd spin back around, but she just turned to run along the fence until she got to the opening, which wasn't too far away.
    I've Been Frosted

I have three deer cross my back garden most days. They used to stop for a while but now (since they have eaten everything edible) they just cross to the neighbors garden. Fortunately, we all think its magical to be able to watch them so they are welcome to decimate all our shrubs during the cold, snowy winter. Of course we may feel quite differently in spring.......