Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: [Dear You. . .]

In my experience with these despicable computers, there is no such thing as security. Karen, I do trust you but not on this. I no longer can trust my doctor because of this and will NOT go to ANY excuse for a professional with so little regard for privacy and personal information. I'm on insulin which is nothing to fool around with. I'll go off the medication rather than be degraded and dehumanized by some worthless piece of unreliable electronic crap. It's just not worth it! This computer crap has gone way too far now and it MUST stop. Why is this insult forced on us? These idiots need to act like the professionals they think they are by letting us decide whether or not we want such personal information compromised.
    Last edited by momcat; 09-09-2010 at 08:16 AM.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

But, Momcat, did they say their information will be on the Internet? If not, there's no way for a hacker to get into it, other than breaking into the physical building, in which case, they could steal your paper files just as readily!

If you came to my house, you could not access any of the data of my computer unless I was there to type in the password for you. And no, the password is not written down on a Post-It stuck to the monitor, it isn't written down anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    In my experience with these despicable computers, there is no such thing as security. Karen, I do trust you but not on this. I no longer can trust my doctor because of this and will NOT go to ANY excuse for a professional with so little regard for privacy and personal information. I'm on insulin which is nothing to fool around with. I'll go off the medication rather than be degraded and dehumanized by some worthless piece of unreliable electronic crap. It's just not worth it! This computer crap has gone way too far now and it MUST stop. Why is this insult forced on us? These idiots need to act like the professionals they think they are by letting us decide whether or not we want such personal information compromised.
    I've Been Frosted

I work in a hospital and this is the dawn of the computer age. EVERYTHING is going computerized. We take xrays and they are sent via a secure internet connection to a doctor that may or may not even be in this country and read and reported on. It is scary but its convenient and people are working hard to keep everything private. Like louie and me said this helps with emergencies. And a lot of chain pharmacies are connected (Walmart, CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreen's) to each other via computers to help with drug interactions. That computer connection could save your life someday. While I understand your frustration I guess I don't understand your hatred of a worthless computer when you are using a worthless computer to make this post. Good Luck and I hope you find some peace in the situation.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Dear B.,

It's now a year later. I bought you a gift, but I kept in mind what I received from you last year. We'll see what happens. I've lowered my expectations.

Signed,
    me
    Dear B.,

No gift?! What's that about? I guess I didn't lower my expectations enough!

Signed,
    me
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Dear Senior Year,

I am so ready for you!

Love, Alyssa
    Dear God, please bless Alyssa in her senior year. Please give her many fun times that will lead to happy memories, and please keep her safe from harm. Thank You for Alyssa, God! Amen

~elyse

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Dear Britt,

You've been gone for over a year now, and I still get numb when I think about all that happened. Someone brought you up today, and I can't believe you'll never be able to drive to school with us. You'll never be able to get senioritis with us, You should be going to senior prom & on senior trips. You SHOULD be Graduating on June 20th 2011. You should be experiencing your 18th birthday. You should be going to college next year. It kills me knowing you won't be experiencing this. I am so sorry. May you RIP and you are forever class of 2011.

Love, Alyssa

Dear Rebecca,
    I am done with you. Stop thinking I like you after all the crap you put me through in middle school. Glad to see you're experiencing all that crap now. I guess karma does work. I don't know why you transferred into one of my classes, because of course I get that luck but I suppose it's luck that it's only ONE course. You're a two-faced pathological lying jerk and I don't want any association with you but I am too damn nice. I wish I wasn't. These days, just LOOKING at you annoys me now-a-days. I just remember all the stuff you did to me and you made my life miserable. I honestly don't know how I made it through Middle School. But whatever, you're getting what you deserve now and I don't care about you. I have found who my true friends are and I don't need you in my life. As far as I'm concerned Graduation day will be the last time I ever see you again. You're a psycho. I can't believe you how much lying you get away with. WHO lies about someone committing suicide? I will never understand but I guess I don't need you. CANNOT. WAIT. TILL. I. NEVER. NEED. TO. SEE. YOU. AGAIN.
    Last edited by Alysser; 09-14-2010 at 10:11 PM.

Dear you,

You are back in my life once more. After six months of not texting me, you randomly text me one day and say you want to hang out with me. Walk around town, have something to eat. You're engaged. It's wrong that you're engaged, but you are. And yet you still want to see me and hang out with me. Can we even be friends? I can't trust you anymore. You've done so much before to make me definitely not trust you...

I want to see you and spend time with you and be friends, I just don't know how I'm going to feel when I'm around you. I'm not sure if I know how to be just your friend.

Maybe we can make this work.

-Bri
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Dear Headache,

Please leave me alone. I have a lot of work to do tonight and you are not helping

No love,
    Ellie

Dear Sir,

Hey... you are teaching an A LEVEL CLASS. These exams are extremely important to us all, and we actually need to be taught something. WE DON'T NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR WEEKEND . And it may have been ok a couple of years ago when we had no important exams to worry about, but asking us to 'tell you about our weekend so we don't have to get on and do the work' is NOT appreciated. I can understand a student saying that, but a TEACHER trying to get out of doing the work?

And letting us go 20 mins early from a lesson? Well lesson time is for you to TEACH US! We need that time so we know the stuff for the exam. We haven't even been given text books yet so we can't teach ourselves...

Oh and what did you do when you found out no one in the class had done the homework? YOU LAUGHED! How are we ever meant to respect your authority when you laugh? And on the topic of laughing, can you PLEASE stop laughing after everything you say? It is so annoying. And can you please stop acting like you are one of the students. You are not there to become best friends with the group of popular guys in the class.

And for goodness sake, if you want to use an interactive whiteboard in lesson at least learn how to use it instead of making us wait half the lesson for you to work out something which is sooooo simple to do (perhaps if you listen to the class you might work out how to do it).

And please learn to spell the key words we need. They are new words to us. We don't know how to spell them and we need you to spell them correctly so we can get them right in the exam.

Learn to teach us something or retire. I have had you for what... 2 weeks? And you are already driving me (and most the class) insane.

Grrrr,
    Ellie.
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Dear B.,

No gift?! What's that about? I guess I didn't lower my expectations enough!

Signed,
    me

Dear B.,

We are so done. You said one thing and then you did exactly the opposite. I simply can't get over it. I am hurt. There was no reason for you to handle it that way. I thought we were better friends than that.

Signed,
    me

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13 View Post
    Dear you,

You are back in my life once more. After six months of not texting me, you randomly text me one day and say you want to hang out with me. Walk around town, have something to eat. You're engaged. It's wrong that you're engaged, but you are. And yet you still want to see me and hang out with me. Can we even be friends? I can't trust you anymore. You've done so much before to make me definitely not trust you...

I want to see you and spend time with you and be friends, I just don't know how I'm going to feel when I'm around you. I'm not sure if I know how to be just your friend.

Maybe we can make this work.

-Bri
    Dear you,

We hung out yesterday. It went a whole lot better than I expected. I wasn't a complete spazz, and apparently we acted "natural."

Now I'm starting to realize why I liked you in the first place. You are so much nicer in person than you ever were when we only texted... But I don't know where that's going to lead me. You're engaged. But you're making the decisions here, not me.

I know what I want and I don't know where things are going to go. We can be friends, I'm fine with that, but if you want it otherwise, you've got some things to deal with and a lot of making up to do.

-Bri
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Dear You,

I'm in love with you.
    I will always, always be your girl.

But it will never, ever work...
    ...and it kills me.

Love, Meg

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Dear Sis,

Stop judging me. Take a look at yourself first before you evangelize to others. You have a big mouth and a closed mind. Did we grow up in the same house? I find it hard to believe. . .

Kisses!
    Me

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Dear Deer in my Neighborhood - Could you please not walk along the curb at night. You blend in so well with the trees and leaves that I sometimes don't see you. I really don't want to collide with you! I enjoy seeing you when I drive home from church through the forest preserves on Wolf Road. I am trying to take as many well-lit roads as possible, but the last half a mile worries me t he most.

And if you could just stand still for a second in the morning when you're munching on grass after the landscapers do the lawn in front of my building - I enjoy seeing you and I'd love to take your picture.

Thank you,
    Elyse

Dear Co-Workers ... I enjoy working with you so much! You make me smile, you crack me up with laughter and sometimes you even make me cry. I am blessed to have such a great bunch of co-workers. You rock!

Friends,
    Elyse

Dear boss...

**bleep bleep**
    Censored....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Dear God, could You please bless Isabel and Richard today and all of my other PT friends who need a blessing. You know who they are. Thank You, God for my PT Friends!

Elyse