Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prayers and good thoughts for my Lexie please

Prayers and good thoughts for my Lexie please

It's with sadness I tell you my lexie is very unwell .

She's been battling with IBD for over three years ,we have had many ups and downs over that time ,vet visits ,medication ,etc.

However after spending three days at the vet hospital ,and now being on three medications and home she is not eating ,I fear the worst .lexie is such a healthy cat otherwise ,her bloods came back and were good ,her teeth are fine and she has never required a dental ,so this just so unfair ,because of lexies age
    I will not be subjecting her to further tests or invasive treatments ,but we have ensured Lexie is comfortable .it is a possibility she has intestinal lymphoma

I do have one question ,Lexie has to have special food for her IBD and they have given her a new one ,she was eating at the vets but not here ,they told me I can't give her anything else as it will just make things worse ,I'm so tempted to try her on anything now as I feel desperate.what would you do .?

I've had my beautiful girl for 15 years since she was five months old ,I picked her up from the shelter .

Please pray for my furbaby ,thank You .
    Last edited by carole; 06-16-2017 at 11:22 PM.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Blog Entries
    Totally sending prayers and healthy wishes for Lexie!

Thank you ,just heard back from the vet ,I'm to stop the antibiotic as it may be causing her not to eat so let's hope there is an improvement from tomorrow onwards ,fingers crossed .
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Dear Carole, prayers and good thoughts and loving healing energies are being sent to Lexie and you. We are hoping for improvement after stopping the antibiotic.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Poppy
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Carole, I'm terribly sorry to hear Lexie is so unwell. I hope she will start eating again after you stop with the antibiotics, but if she doesn't eat at all, I would probably give her something she likes, unless there is a good chance she will get better. I know it's hard to see her suffer, and also starving. Does she drink? If not, perhaps you can gently squirt some water in her mouth through a syringe.

Sending lots of positive thoughts and love to you and your precious Lexie.

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I am so sorry Lexie is unwell.

Sending Lexie and you prayers and positive thoughts!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Thinking of Lexie

I'm so sorry to hear this, Carole. Will be keeping your precious Lexie in my thoughts and prayers, for sure! Hopefully stopping the antibiotics will help improve her appetite. (((hugs)))
    Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Poor Lexie. Come on, sweetie, start eating so your mom can relax. Carole, I hope Lexie rebounds very soon. Hugs to you and sweet pettings to her.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Purryers on the way to Lexie.

I'm so sorry about Lexie. I would definitely feed her whatever she will eat. The special diet won't help her if she's not eating it, and the girl's got to eat.
    My cat Willa is in a similar situation, IBD potentially changed over to Lymphoma, bloodwork normal. My vet told me there's no point in a special diet. Let her eat whatever she wants.
    The vet also suggested a trial of Chlorambucil, a chemodrug, just on the chance that it is Lymphoma.
    Just like you I would not subject her to a procedure to prove that it is Lymphoma, so I think I will try the drug.
    Your vet would probably be reluctant to prescribe it without a diagnosis, but it can't hurt to ask.
    Willa's vet told me she would not do this with a regular client, since chemodrugs are not usually prescribed on a hunch and they can have lots of side effects. But I work there, so I won't sue her if Willa is not improving.
    I hope that Lexie will bounce back!
    Precious Lexie, please start eating.
    Willa and I are sending best wishes to you and Lexie.

https://www.vetinfo.com/chlorambucil-for-cats.html

Thank you all for your kind words,love ,support and advice ,still not at all interested in food ,before I had to watch her like an eagle as she would steal the other cats food ,it was so difficult ,,now I'd do anything to have her try that again,vet said it could take a couple of days ,but I'm thinking that's like four days without food ,can she survive that .

She is drinking ,quite a lot as I think the drugs make her thirsty ,pooping and peeing ,bit of the runs ,but again probably the antibiotic .

Yes I've heard of the chemo drug ,but have decided no on that one ,my vet just been through the same thing with his 16 yr old cat ,but it did have lymphoma ,he's treating lexies the same as he did his cat ,I have Complete trust in my vet ,he's one amazing super caring guy .,he will do the very best for my Lexie .,his kitty passed away in his sleep .

I'm hoping after I get her steroid in to her she may get more of an appetite with the antibiotics no longer been given .

She's a strong girl and if any kitty wil get through this she will ,I know I'm probably just biding her some time but as long as we keep her comfortable I'm ok with that .

Will keep u all updated and thank you all for caring .
    Furangels only lent.

Blog Entries
    Aww, you hang in there! Everyone is on your side.

It's been a tough weekend ,Lexie won't eat anything today at all ,don't think she is drinking either ,so I will give her some via a syringe .

Despite being given a 20 mg steroid still no appetite to speak of , I am not giving up on her just yet but I'm not going to let her suffer either .

Just have to hope the antibiotics wear off soon and she will feel better and more like eating .

I know they can't live forever but her decline has been so rapid and unexpected as after her three day stint at the vet ,I thought we would be on our way up ,sadly doesn't appear so .

Fingers crossed folks .
    Furangels only lent.

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    It's been a tough weekend ,Lexie won't eat anything today at all ,don't think she is drinking either ,so I will give her some via a syringe .

Despite being given a 20 mg steroid still no appetite to speak of , I am not giving up on her just yet but I'm not going to let her suffer either .

Just have to hope the antibiotics wear off soon and she will feel better and more like eating .

I know they can't live forever but her decline has been so rapid and unexpected as after her three day stint at the vet ,I thought we would be on our way up ,sadly doesn't appear so .

Fingers crossed folks .
    Have you asked your vet about an appetite stimulant? Willa is getting Mirtazapine, and she gets so hungry that she's driving everybody crazy.
    It's worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    Have you asked your vet about an appetite stimulant? Willa is getting Mirtazapine, and she gets so hungry that she's driving everybody crazy.
    It's worth a try.
    Mirtazapine worked wonders for my boy Ollie, too. Worth a try.

Keeing you and Lexie in my thoughts and prayers, Carole!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~