Thread: up for disscusion

up for disscusion

while reading over KSL i found this article and comments on it..and wanted to open this for discussion. i do not care good or bad comments, suggestions, just keep it clean. what are your thoughts and has anyone had to deal with this before?

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148...s=true#msg_156

here is what everyone is commenting on, please feel free to read the comments, i have posted a few on there and got sick of reading stupid peoples comments!!!

Saratoga Springs police are trying to find whomever shot and killed a 2-month-old puppy in its own backyard. "I don't know who is sick enough to do something like that. It's devastating," the dog's owner said.

The case is similar to another that happened Friday in West Jordan, in which a 1-year-old yellow lab was shot and killed. The cases come as legislation is introduced on Capitol Hill proposing tougher penalties for animal cruelty. Senate Bill 117 makes animal cruelty a felony on the second offense. These dog owners believe that's too lenient.

Gage, Ruger and Dakota aren't themselves today. Their owner, Bryce Ballantyne, said, "They haven't been eating their food." The latest addition to their canine family, a 2-month-old bluetick coonhound puppy, Henry, was shot Friday night. Henry was so new, owners Bryce and Becca hadn't had a chance to take photos.

There were no footprints leading to the kennel, only snowmobile tracks. Investigators combed the backyard and didn't find the bullet. The Ballentynes worry about what could have been, because a playground is just a few yards away.

Becca said, "It could have easily ricocheted off our house or the fencing and hit an innocent child, and killed a child."

Friday there was a similar case in West Jordan. Jeff and Debra Stoddard found their 1-year-old yellow lab, Bert, dead in the backyard. He'd also been shot. Debra Stoddard said, "I think it was murder. Most pet owners will tell you their animals are like their children."

Saturday, West Jordan police say they've finished interviewing neighbors and are confident none had anything to do with Bert's death. They say they'll be contacting Saratoga Springs police to discuss any similarities between the two cases.

The Ballantynes are offering a reward for information leading to a conviction.

Both the Stoddards and the Ballantynes are aware of proposed legislation that aims to make animal cruelty a felony on the second offense. For both couples, it's not enough. Bryce Ballantyne said, "We think the book should be thrown at them."

Senate Bill 117 has passed a Senate committee and is waiting to be heard by the full Senate.
    1 lab/GSD mix pup, Thunder
    1 lab whippet mix, Cinni
    the Flock: Lovebird,peppermint; 2 finches, Lilo & stitch
    The Aquatics: 4 Red eared sliders, Mikey, Ralphie, SPunky, Baby "T". YBS, Capt Jack Sparrow, 4 Goldfish, Golden,AJ, BJ, Silver Scrappy Doo. 2 ADF;s, BigButt & Kermie. 2 Tertra's UK. 1 new GF scooby doo.
    The little furBabies: 2 dwarf hamsters, Snow,Cinderella.
    RIP Little Jasmine Dwarf Hamster. 2/20/2008
    Wife to: Jeremy, 34
    Mother to: 13 yr old son, Brady
    MTB: a boy and girl TBD on names

A common comment I'm seeing is "if you leave your dog in your backyard to bark all day then you clearly don't love your dog".

I do agree that training your dog not to bark is a good thing, but hello, why do dogs bark? There's an animal in the yard, they hear noises, they see things moving.

If you were sitting out in your backyard BBQ-ing and a stray dog or a person you'd never met before just wandered into your yard and starting using it as their toilet or doing who knows what, you're telling me you're just going to sit there and not say anything, not even so much as a "Hey, who are you and what are you doing in my yard??"

Most of those people.... sound like utter and complete idiots. And what's sad is they think they're hot s***. Because the ONLY argument they have is "well you don't love your dog if you keep it outside and let it bark all day". How about we do love our dogs so much we don't want to keep them confined to a crate all day?!

EDIT: I will also add that I loved the comparison of a barking dog to a crying infant. You don't understand what your child wants, so are you telling me you'll just shake the baby to get it to shut up?? It's the same difference.

facebook