Thread: Monster

Monster

Monster is back home and doing fine. However, when I brought him home yesterday, he did hide for a little bit, and then must have decided he was hungry. I thought he might be mad for a few days, but this morning he came and set in my lap.
    After reading more about Stripe's condition, I'm worried about the procedure that is neccesary to have him nuetered.

I THINK THAT MONSTERS BEING ANGRY WAS JUST TO SHOW YOU THAT HE DOES NOT LIKE GOING OUT. MY OLDER CATS USED TO DO THAT WHEN IT WAS VET TIME, BUT NOW THEY ARE SO GLAD TO BE HOME THAT THEY FORGET TO BE MIFFED AT ME!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by nancys
    After reading more about Stripe's condition, I'm worried about the procedure that is neccesary to have him nuetered.
    As far as I recall in your other thread Stripe was a Cryptorchid (one undecended testical). That condition really should be corrected with a neuter operation as leaving the testical can lead to cancer since it's not in a part of the body it was meant to be in.

If you have any concerns about the surgery or the vet doing it, ask lots of questions before you schedule the appointment. They should be able to ease your mind as to what to expect from the surgery and Stripe's neutering. If you don't feel confident in your vet's ability or experience with this particular surgery then seek out another vet that you can have confidence in.

While the surgery will be more invasive and take longer than a normal neuter operation, if your cat is healthy otherwise and the vet is experienced with doing these type of operations there should be very little to worry about.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022