Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reilly was ATTACKED

This happened right in your own home?!? That's really shocking. thanks goodness you are all alright. I would be livid too.
    If people can't afford vet care, and don't want the time & expense of training them, they shouldn't have dogs, period. They're getting off easy with a $200. fine, if you ask me. I hope you mom doesn't have any complications. The other dog's owners should be liable for her doctor's visits, too.

I promise we will not be specific about the breed, I love all dogs and I know all of them are wonderful when they are taken care of properly, I really feel just awful for this poor dog, I am going to talk to the investigator and see if there is any way with training if they do not give him back to the owner's that he could be adopted out, he is a beautiful dog. I do not blame him in the least bit, the reason we are talking to the manager is we do not want him back with that family and need her to wake up and make sure the people she is renting to and letting have animals are up to date on everything, that is ridiculus.
    It was hard last night not to be mad initially at the dog, he just attacked my baby..lol but if he is able to be a family dog or one person dog I would never want him put down or anything like that.

How scary. I'm so sorry this happened to you guys. I hope all works out in the end for all involved.

I'm sorry to hear this happened to Riley. I'm glad he's ok!

Oi, You think somebody else would complain at the apt. complex talk to the landlord/manager. I mean its one thing for a dog to be defensive but another to go out looking for a fight. That dogs not safe plain as sight. Its mostly the owner to blame for not taking some responsibility and train it. I'd just like to know if that girl would put up with it if you let your dog attack hers like she lets him. Yeah I know she seriously didn't just sent that dog to attack but not taking responsibility and training it is just as bad in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by kallisto4529
    I promise we will not be specific about the breed, I love all dogs and I know all of them are wonderful when they are taken care of properly, I really feel just awful for this poor dog, I am going to talk to the investigator and see if there is any way with training if they do not give him back to the owner's that he could be adopted out, he is a beautiful dog. I do not blame him in the least bit, the reason we are talking to the manager is we do not want him back with that family and need her to wake up and make sure the people she is renting to and letting have animals are up to date on everything, that is ridiculus.
    It was hard last night not to be mad initially at the dog, he just attacked my baby..lol but if he is able to be a family dog or one person dog I would never want him put down or anything like that.
    Well I hope Riley gets better, and the dog who attacked him I hope he gets some help too.

Hugs going out to Reilly and your family.

Although I'd like a happy ending, too, I'd be scared of what the attacking dog is capable of doing in the future. I'd love to see him rehabilitated, but he sounds like he has some bad dog-dog aggression. Here's hoping everything works out well in the end, though!

Giselle I agree ref his aggression, it worries me for him, but at the same time, if he had been socialized since a pup with other dogs this might not have happened either, I know sometimes there is just no hope but I would feel so bad if he was not given a chance at all.

I am so upset right now I can not hardly see straight, I just got off the phone with the investigator at animal control in ref to Reilly's attack. The dog is being released back to the owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because Reilly was not injured as a result of the attack the dog can not be considered vicious.
    I never wanted the dog put to sleep but I sure did not want that dog allowed back to these people who obviously do not know how to take care of him. So basically the fact that he came into my home and attacked Reilly in his own home means nothing. The investigator assured me they had been given citations and punished, big whooped to do!!!!!!!!!!! This just makes me so mad, now I am really worried for Reilly and have to watch constantly for this other dog when I have him outside.
    Jeff reported it to the office and they told him that there attorney would give them a 7 day notice as to if the dog came back, if it did then they had 7 days to find another home for the dog or to move. But the way the office is around here, I won't hold my breath.

What about the fact that your mother was injured by this dog when it tore into your house? That doesn't mean anything? That's ridiculous!!
    Marti, I am so sorry this is happening. I agree, I don't think the dog should be destroyed or anything, but he obviously has a problem with Reilly. I guess the owners would not be approachable to discuss anything with, right? Sigh.
    Well, please be super careful (as I know you will/are) when Mr Reilly is out. For everyone's safety.
    Hugs to all of you!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Most states have laws regarding an unprovoked attack against human or animal as grounds for being declared dangerous or vicious depending on your state or county laws.

Since your mother was injured and your dog the target of the attack, you should review your state/county's law concerning dangerous or vicious dogs. Depending on the wording you may have a case for civil court for medical bills for your mother's injury and could have the dog declared dangerous or vicious.

You really need to research the animal control laws for where you live. Some states have a 'one bite' law other states have a 'two bite' law and various other requirements for a dog to be declared dangerous or vicious.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Here I go again.

Regardless if animal control wrote a report and cited the people, you should have called a litigation lawyer.

The other dog came into your house and attacked your dog. And your mom was injured. In hindsight...pictures! Even though rabies shots aren't as bad as they used to be, they're about $3000 a pop and that includes the ER visit and all hospital fees. I've had them, trust me. I'm glad your mom didn't need them.

My neighbors were cited 2-3x for noise etc. even before my attack. There is also a "one bite" dog law in Pa., so since there's been no proof of past bites, they got their dogs back. But no more doggie door and they must be out with the dogs all the time..uhh..not. Think how I feel!

I don't blame the dogs, I blame the owners. And it's obvious citations, guilt in criminal court and a major civil lawsuit by me, mean nothing. They don't get it.

Sorry to rant..I'm so angry for you. I know exactly how you feel. It's not fair. We are victims of other people's stupidity.I live in fear everyday and still have bad dreams every night. I guess all I can say is, just be careful.I'm really sorry.

I've been Boooo'd!

just got off the phone with the investigator at animal control in ref to Reilly's attack. The dog is being released back to the owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hopeless
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk