Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: guess this breed? i know this gets old but i need help

She looks to me like she may have some Rhodesian Ridgeback in her to me! Good luck- I know how perplexing it can be to try and guess your dog's lineage! I'm hoping someone out here will help me identify my sweetheart! Here's a pic of the R. Ridgeback! Good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It's just this face that looks so pittie to me:

Perhaps is that red nose, but if you crossed a red nose pittie like this:

with, say, a Shepherd and/or lab, I could definitely see it

My first thought after looking at all 3 of the pics was beagle/red doberman mix because of its coloring, size, and other features. Then when someone said Vizla I started to think there might be some of that in there as well. Maybe Vizla/Beagle?... I don't know, guessing breeds is hard. I couldn't figure out one of my dogs breed for a long time and we were under the assumption that she was a yellow lab/pitbull mix then later found out she is a yellow lab/shar pei mix from 2 different vets. Here's a pic of her:
    http://www.zacharyodette.com/images/dogssmalltatum.gif
    (hard to tell her breed especially in this photo)

Here's my other mixed breed dog, but we know she is a German Shepherd/Border Collie mix for sure because we got her from a person who owned the mom (the Border Collie) and her neighbor owned the GS.
    http://www.zacharyodette.com/images/...allshawnee.gif

I'd say Viszla/shepherd or ridgeback/shepherd maybe with some beagle in the mix. The eyes and liver nose look viszla, but the coat texture looks ridgeback.

Quite a few viszla breeders in Utah, and a few rescues. I'll bet you've got a large supply of viszla mixes in your shelters.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

wow, you guys are great at giving advice, i only posted this to get others opinions and it worked great. Thanks, so many of you said some different things about lil Cinni, and too me she is a very pretty pup, i am glad i was able to save her from the previous owner ... i will have to do more research on her to see what i can come up with, but, you all have more insight that will help me with that. some said she is lab mixed, others said she is rottie, and i have never heard of the viszla one before, but, whatever is in her just makes her that more special . as she gets older i am sure she will get more defined features.

to answer some of the questions some pointed out ( sorry about names here LOL i am still learning) some asked how big she is she isl just about 40lbs and almost a year old, we are guessing on the age because when we rescued her, they owner was not sure. we have had her since September and she

has really not grown all that much. she has gained weight of course, we keep track of that on a month to month basis.

thanks again for all the comments and suggestions you guys ROCK!!!
    1 lab/GSD mix pup, Thunder
    1 lab whippet mix, Cinni
    the Flock: Lovebird,peppermint; 2 finches, Lilo & stitch
    The Aquatics: 4 Red eared sliders, Mikey, Ralphie, SPunky, Baby "T". YBS, Capt Jack Sparrow, 4 Goldfish, Golden,AJ, BJ, Silver Scrappy Doo. 2 ADF;s, BigButt & Kermie. 2 Tertra's UK. 1 new GF scooby doo.
    The little furBabies: 2 dwarf hamsters, Snow,Cinderella.
    RIP Little Jasmine Dwarf Hamster. 2/20/2008
    Wife to: Jeremy, 34
    Mother to: 13 yr old son, Brady
    MTB: a boy and girl TBD on names

I like the doberman/beagle mix suggestion.
    Would explain 40lbs at 1 year better than my suggestion. =)

I was thinking red dobbie x lab mix. Lab in the sense that she looks like she has a thick coat, and her tail is long a thick like a lab. Dobbie because of the facial markings/colorings. Both are pretty common breeds too.

She's awfully cute!!

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!

wow, so it looks like a split so far:
    dobbie/lab mix i can see that because like some said, the long thick tail and the coloring too.

the other guesses i am looking into, like i said before i really do not care about what she has in her, i am just glad to have.
    1 lab/GSD mix pup, Thunder
    1 lab whippet mix, Cinni
    the Flock: Lovebird,peppermint; 2 finches, Lilo & stitch
    The Aquatics: 4 Red eared sliders, Mikey, Ralphie, SPunky, Baby "T". YBS, Capt Jack Sparrow, 4 Goldfish, Golden,AJ, BJ, Silver Scrappy Doo. 2 ADF;s, BigButt & Kermie. 2 Tertra's UK. 1 new GF scooby doo.
    The little furBabies: 2 dwarf hamsters, Snow,Cinderella.
    RIP Little Jasmine Dwarf Hamster. 2/20/2008
    Wife to: Jeremy, 34
    Mother to: 13 yr old son, Brady
    MTB: a boy and girl TBD on names