Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye, Cassie :(

Goodbye, Cassie :(

For those of you who remember Cassie, the little rescue pug I adopted for my mom back many years ago. Well Cassie took a turn for the worse last night and it was assumed she's been living with a brain tumor for quite some time, but last night she went from her happy little self, to a very scared, confused, distressed little girl.

My mom had been waiting until Cassie was no longer happy before she made the decision to help her to Rainbow Bridge. My mom, bless her heart, was such a saint to still see goodness and joy in Cassie, even though she stopped knowing that the outside was where she was supposed to go to the bathroom months ago, and she could neither see nor hear anything. Cassie had regular seizures, and they were getting more frequent, with the final one being obvious that Cassie no longer needed to be here on earth, and that she was ready to meet the beloved pets we've had the pleasure of knowing.

It was very peaceful. My moms 2 good friends came to spend time with her and Cassie (they all loved Cassie so much) and then my moms 2 friends wanted to come with my mom to the vet hospital to say goodbye to Cassie. Cassie was surrounded by love even in her last moments here on Earth.

We love you Cassie. You lived a very long (almost 16 years old) and happy life with my mom. You were one of a kind and I'm so sorry that I couldn't be there with my mom while you were at your last vet apointment. We'll never forget you, little girl

She sounds like a sweet dog who touched many lives. RIP Sweet Cassie.

Aw, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost Cassie (is there a thread where i can read about her, i haven't been on here for a while?). I'm glad that she died well, and I'm sure you let her live her life to her full potential.

Leslie I remember Cassie! She was one of the first puggilys that I fell in love with right here on PT. I have been meaning to ask you how she was doing as I knew she was getting up in years. I am so sorry to hear this. I know that there is a hole in your mom's heart tonight. Please pass these along for me. (((hugs))) I know that Cassie has met up with Graham and they are talking about old times.

I'm very sorry to hear this Leslie

RIP Cassie

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Leslie, it is sad that is was time to go for Cassie. She was loved by you all and had a good life I'm sure - remember those good times!

Rest in peace, Cassie!

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

RIP Dear Cassie. What a sweet little puglet you were. You will be missed.

How well I remember dear Cassie. I am so glad she had a wonderful life with your Mom. She is joining a large group of original PT RB members who will show her around. Hugs to you, Leslie, and your Mom. RIP, Cassie.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Cassie, i hope you are running & playing now @ the bridge! RIP sweet Cassie
    Smokedog's mommy
    I've been frosted!!

I'm so sorry to hear the sad news. Rest In Peace sweet Cassie.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

awww
    I'm so sorry to hear this...
    Godspeed Cassie
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

RIP Cassie. Run hard on that Rainbow Bridge. I am sure Lady Girl is showing you the ropes...and balls, treats, gravy waterfulls, etc, etc. Rest well, sweet girl.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

So Sorry for your loss.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I am a firm believer there is a special place in Heaven for all of our pets who have passed on. I know I will be greeted by quite a few of them and will be thrilled to see them all!! I can't express how my heart is breaking for you and your Mom. I am very sure that Cassie couldn't have had a better home and was loved dearly. I am new to this site and can see already just by reading some of the posts how much everyone here loves animals, just as I do. Again, my heartfelt condolences to you. Kelley

RIP Cassie.

{{HUGS}} to your mom.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Yes, Leslie, I remember when you got Cassie for your mom. Seems like yesterday. I'm so sad Cassie isn't with us physically, but she will always be in our hearts. Bless your mom for loving her so much to make the decision to send her to the Bridge. I'm sure Graham is waiting for her.

I've been Boooo'd!