Thread: ....love at first sight.

....love at first sight.

I just got back from the humane society. We saw a 8 week old shepherd chow mix. Unfportunatly, my parents suck and NOTHING ever works out for me. I can't stop crying. I wanted that puppy so much. She had markings JUST like Simba, even her little ear stuck up like Simba's. The way she chewed on my fingers.... on my hair.... and slopped me with kisses on my face, arms, hands. And the worst part...... the way she whined when i left. Kiara i would call her. perfect math for Simba. perfect match for me. If only i had my camera to show you her cute little face.

My parents dont freakin understand how much animals mean to me.... how much it would mean to me if i could get another dog...... how mcuh it would freakin mean to me to be able to get something i wanted once and a while......... i cant stand this...

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Oh, KayAnn, I'm so sorry......... Your Kiara sounds so special. Have your folks said that they won't allow ANY other dog? I know you visit the shelters so often. Was there something about this doggie that they didn't like? My heart is breaking for you. It's hard being the "child" sometimes!! Maybe you can talk it over with them when the dust settles and everyone is a bit calmer. I know how you're feeling. As a kid, I brought home every creature in my sights. Drove my parents nuts! It's tough sometimes loving animals so; and you have such a big heart! {{{Hugs}}} Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I am sorry Kayann!! I know how you feel! But parents aren't the only ones who don't understand. I always thought "when I get my own place I will have all the animals I want" only now I have a husband that won't let me! It kinda makes me mad too cause he just don't understand the LOVE that I have for animals. He said when it comes time for me to get a dog I will have to give Jupiter back to my sister... YEAH RIGHT!! THAT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN At least I know how to pout and make cute faces and get my way with him. ONE DAY I WILL HAVE A HOUSE FULL OF PETS!!!!!! MUWAHAHAHAH!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Sandra you hit it on the nose: It's hard being the "child" sometimes!!
    I remember bringing home stray dogs too, that
    my mother would never let me keep.
    I cried my eyes out for years begging
    my mother for my own dog. It wasn't till I was 18 years
    old did my mother finally give in.

KayAnn, all I can say if your parents are adament
    about you not having another dog, And as hard as it
    is to understand their point,
    just keep pouring/giving Simba all that extra love you have
    in your heart .
    The day will come soon enough
    when you can take that extra love and share it with
    other animals.

----<---<--<{(@

Oh KayAnn, I'm so sorry. I know how you feel, you may not believe me, but I do. I have been begging to get another dog, my own dog, for too many years to count. I cried, I begged, I pleaded. When my best friend's (at the time) dog had puppies...I helped raise them, I was over there every day...I was attached to a little pup named Socks....Of course they wouldn't let me keep her. I still don't even know WHY they let me get Nebo (I think they felt sorry for me at the time..pancreatitis)

I wish you would have taken your camera, I would love to see pics of her sweet face! I bet she is just beautiful.

What is your parents main reason for not letting you get a dog? Why don't you try and tell them to (calmly) give you the reasons they don't want another dog? Maybe they could write it down. And then you (maybe with the help of us) could nicely give a reply to their reasons. This is probably a dumb idea, but you could give it a try. I know I got frustrated with my parents...their "reasons" were ridiculous, and they would never even give me a chance to reply.

I know that you are a caring, responsible person and would make a great "mom" to another pup. I can tell that just from talking to you online these past months! Simba might have a hard time adjusting to a new dog, but it is possible to work things out. Reggie and Smokey still don't like Nebo, but we are working on it...they were even running around together this afternoon.

Just be warned of one thing.....if they decided to let you, and they said the dog was YOURS, which means you have to pay for everything...It is a lot more expensive then you would imagine. Nebo has drained me down to nothing. So maybe if you got a job, your parents would be more willing. Just a thought. I'm still working on getting a job. Oh, but, as I'm sure you know, the money you have to spend on them is well worth it!

~~Amy

sorry to hear about that. i know just how you feel all my life, i've been begging my parents for a dog. first, they tried to "distract" me from it by getting me fish, then two birds and then even looking for a gerbil. early this summer, we went looking for a dog (because they finally gave in) and i was playing with this mixed white dog. he was adorable and i think really liked me. it was heartbreaking to leave him in that stuffy cage.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Kayann, you just be strong and remember that one day you will be out on your own, and you can spend your money the way you want to, and if you want two dogs or more, you can do it. It's hard to understand the whys when you're living under your parent's roof, but I'm sure they have their reasons. Dogs and cats are expensive. I can certainly attest to that. And I know if I were still married to Helen's dad, I could never have all the animals I have now. For him, one cat and one dog was enough. I guess Helen is lucky, but I have had to tell her over and over that we can't get anything else. But believe me, she asks anyway. And when I was living with my parents, I asked a lot too. But I never won. I know how you feel. Just remember, it won't be like this always.

Love Simba in the meantime. You have such a special fellow. I loved seeing him as Dog of the Week over at Jackie's community! Congratulations for that!!

Logan

O Kayann! I know how you feel! I also have been pleadig with my parents to get me a dog since I was 7 (now 14). They got me Cheyw because I was switching school and they knew it was hard for me so they deced I need a little friend. I know you want another dog! One can never have to many dogs. but you got your Simba, who we all love! I hope your parents give in!

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

KayAnn, I sure hate this for you. I can't say that I know how you feel. My parents, well, my dad anyway, was always cool about that. Shoot, my dad brought home more strays than I did. After I got married, my husband didn't understand me at first, but now he does. I sure wish I could help you.
    My pets are usually pleased with what I do, because they are not inflected with the concept of what I SHOULD be doing. My time is owned by: Missie,Thor, and Trinity!

Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
    now I have a husband that won't let me! It kinda makes me mad too cause he just don't understand the LOVE that I have for animals. [/B]
    Sara, I could have written that.

Kayann, I am sorry too. I have been in a similar situation wanting a dog so much I could taste it. I just have to stay out of the shelters as the same scenerio would happen to me.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I used to beg and beg and beg my parents to get a dog. Finally, when I was 14, they gave in. Then, after I went to college, got married, etc, they got to more! They made me wait 14 years and now they have 3! Little irony there...

What are their reasons for not wanting you to have another dog? You are obviuosly respensible and take very good care of Simba. How would he tolerate a puppy?

Good luck. I hope they give in