Thread: The best part of waking up...

The best part of waking up...

Sometimes, I really think my cat is smarter than me. Oh who am I kidding, he probably is. Lately, he is finding new ways, and going to great lenghts mind you, to annoy me. For instance, we just bought a new shower curtain. His obsession with water is rather obstructing my morning ritual. He has already ripped the curtain because he likes to remind me that privacy in this house is non existent. He'll sit on the edge of the bathtub and stare at me. Sometimes, he'll sit between the two shower curtains, batting at my every movement and as I watch his shadow bounce up and down I try to focus on my 5 minutes I'm really in a hurry gotta leave now shower, instead of him. Most of the time however, that doesn't work. I get out of the shower and dry myself off, head into the room and shut the door. He paws at the door obsessively, waiting for me to open it just long enough for him to race in, steal a bag of cat treats and run into the living room to hide under the recliner. He makes it a habit to steal treats while I'm not home, and then leave the empty packages on the floor in several pieces for me to pick up when I return.

After I find the hidden treasures, I place them up high in the kitchen cabinet and proceed to the bathroom to finish getting ready and brush my teeth. He follows close behind, and waits for me to turn on the water. I place the toothpaste on my toothbrush and turn to place my brush under the faucet to wet it, but am rather alarmed when I am greeted by a giant black and white cat face instead of fresh flowing water. I "shush" him off the counter and proceed with my morning brushing, finish getting dressed and am just about to head out the door to work when..."MEOW!!!" Crap, I fogot to clean the cat box. I run into the bathroom and there he sits, next to the cat box with gloomy eyes as if me forgetting to clean it just this once will be the end of his existence. I scoop out every little bit of poop and head out the door, pat his little head and smile to myself, knowing that my cat is happy.

I love my cat.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I am laughing so hard reading your thread.I love the way you love your cat.I'm sure your cat is so happy to have such a great life with you.You both seem to be soulmates.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by catfamily
    I am laughing so hard reading your thread.I love the way you love your cat.I'm sure your cat is so happy to have such a great life with you.You both seem to be soulmates.
    ditto !!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

lol.. thats too funny. Brat likes to sit on the edge of the bathtub to watch me bathe, and Star wakes me up in an odd way. I am hearing impaired, I must wear hearing aids but at night I take them off. I can't hear the alarm go off but the cats can. When my alarm goes off, Star jumps up on the bed and gives me very noticable cold headbumpies until I wake up and turn off the alarm. She has not failed to wake me up and Im never late for going to work for sleeping too late. Brat is still young but he is learning.

THE BEST PART IS SEEING MY FOUND CATS ALL FRIENDS TOGETHER. HERE THEY ARE WAITING FOR THE OLD MAN TO EMPTY THOSE CANS O CAT FOOD SOMETIME TODAY, PLEASE DAD!!!!!

MMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOO WWW!!
    WE LOVE YOUR STORY OF YOUR PLAYFUL CATS. THE KITTEN TRIO IS ACTIVE WHEN MIQUELITO GETS RESTLESS AND DECIDES THE WACKY RACES ARE ON!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

As annoying as he can be sometimes I'm totally smitten with him. I remember when I got him back (he was lost and then I found him on Craigslist), and he ran up to me, layed down beside me and started to paw at my face every so lightly. He remembered me even after a year!!! It was the most amazing thing ever.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.