Thread: Need Help

Need Help

Here is the deal, we live in an apt complex and they do spray for bugs but the last month, roaches have become a problem, I have read about boric acid, paste and other items, but I am just not sure what to use. The cat does not really get into anything but Reilly is a whole different story. I have never had a problem with roaches and I am really not sure what to do that would be safe for my pets. We have had the apt complex come in and spray extra but it is just not doing the trick, I suspect a neighbor of mine that our apt is right up next to is how shall I say not so clean, I have been told this, have not seen it for myself. I know this a gross subject but I am desperate.
    Can anyone help???????

Can you afford to pay for an independent company to come in and do some of the spraying or dusting stuff that they do? It's really hard when you have a neighbor that has roaches, or mice, or any kiind of pest, to keep them out of your place because they like to spread.

Also, if there was a house/apt in the building that had them, and they had food and were happy there, and now that place is empty, and their food source is gone, they will travel to find new digs.

I live in the city, in a row home, and this area is known for getting the "water bugs" (oriental roaches) not the speedy gonazales roaches (german ones) that like food. I keep a dehumidifier going in the basement, there are those icky glue traps that the bug guy puts down (and I never look at, cause who wants to see trapped bugs??), and they spray once a month in the warm and humid months. I haven't had anything done since about October, and so far, no problems in the basement.

Check with your neighbors too, and see what kind of problem they may have and if they'd pitch in to get a good rate for in independent contractor to come out and treat. It may just need to be done on a weekly/bi-weekly basis until things are under control, and then monthly as a maintenance plan.

Good luck.

We use a pump sprayer thing and spray along our doorjams and the bottom of the cabinets (near backdoor). We just keep the pups out of the room(s) for a while, until it dries... You should be able to find pet-safe bug products. Just start reading labels...

Or you could wrap up some bug products and put them on your messy neighbor's doorstep, hit the doorbell and run..

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!