Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Single HDR Photo

That is a beautiful photograph! Well done! It makes me feel homesick for Ontario...
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Though I don't understand one bit of the explanation, I want to say that I LOVE the result!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    So you have a feature on your camera itself that does it and you just combine them later, ok.

So I guess my next question is do you have to have a specific type of camera to be able to do this?

This is odd I've never heard of this before... but now I really want to look into it. I hope I'm able to with my camera But I doubt it (Canon Digital Rebel XTi)

Your camera has the setting - press menu, go to the second menu, and it should be the first option - AEB (auto exposure bracketing.) Press OK and then the right arrow until all three brackets are at the settings you want. Press OK to set.

It's best the mount the camera on a tripod. The setting takes three different photos are three different exposures, so it's best to take a picture of a still object.

Do a good search - there's a good torturial somewhere that I used a while back for my first HDR for the XTi.

Quote Originally Posted by MommyOf3cats
    It's an awesome photo !! Great job !!

One question .. Near the upper left corner, I can faintly see the words "photo" something in the clouds .. What's that about?

It's still awesome!
    That's the photo matrix's words from the program that lets me do an HDR photo.

I'm going to be getting a tripod so the HDR photos will be allot more clear.

Would be nice to see other PT members doing HDR photos if they can!

Wow, a beautiful winter scenery!

Quote Originally Posted by MommyOf3cats
    Near the upper left corner, I can faintly see the words "photo" something in the clouds .. What's that about?
    I was wondering the same, so I opened it in Photoshop to see it better. I was able to get a little more detail out of the text. It says "Photomatrix".

The link below is a HDR application that makes this type of photo processing easy - there are examples. It's not free though. Until you pay for it, it'll insert a watermark on the images you create with it.

http://www.hdrsoft.com/

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

OH I understand how to do it manually; I always mess with my white balance.

But I will look for that button right now... I had no idea it was even there (goes to show I read the manual, eh? Actually normally I read manuals for EVERYTHING, but for this camera there's just so many features it can be confusing.)

Thank you SO MUCH!

facebook

You can also essentially do that to any image in photoshop. When you say the program "puts them together" that sounds like changing the blending modes on each layer.

Niño & Eliza

That is beautiful! I attempted making one, turned out pretty cool.

Original

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

Quote Originally Posted by kittycats_delight
    Val I am sorry to say your camera doesn't have built-in bracketing. You can do it manually though.

Here is an explaination I found on a forum on how to do it manually.
    Thanks so much! I just bought a tripod so I should be able to do it. I was also wondering why you just couldn't take the same pic and change different layers in Photoshop. I wish I had known about this for my "tree in Maryland" pics. Would have been awesome! Maybe I'll experiment in Photoshop with those pics, first.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy
    You can also essentially do that to any image in photoshop. When you say the program "puts them together" that sounds like changing the blending modes on each layer.
    From my understanding, especially after reading the wikipedia article, it isnt the same as messing with the image in photoshop. Because in photoshop yes you can lighten one area and darken another, but essentially what this does is take one "base" picture, one picture overexposed and one picture underexposed so when you combine all three you have more detail in the lighter and darker areas of the picture that the "original" just wouldnt have. If this makes sense?

EDIT: After some googling I found some tutorials that really explained it... although I don't know my software well enough to combine them to play around with the levels yet (I haven't messed with image editing beyond brightness/contrast and sharpness and resizing in years...) so I'm trying to get ahold of PS CS2. But until then, I've figured out how to take the pics using my camera

For those that are interested:
    http://backingwinds.blogspot.com/200...dr-images.html
    http://www.howtotakehdrphotos.com/tips-and-tricks/

Good luck!

I'll post results once I figure this out a bit more. What program are you guys using to create yours? All I have is Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop CS and I know it won't work in PSP and heck if I've NEVER been able to figure PS CS... lol.
    Last edited by Jessika; 02-07-2008 at 01:56 AM.

facebook