Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just one Pirate pic

Glacier, how is Pirate doing? And Tehya, the cats, and the rest of the family too!

Thinking of you,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Glacier, how is pretty Pirate doing? I was thinking of her this morning.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

what cassiesmom said. We're long overdue for some Pirate time.

She's doing quite well. The urine leakage is under control with meds every four days. She still has occasional bowel problems. If she lays in the wrong position, she doesn't have full control while she sleeps. Happens maybe once a week. Not a big deal.

She does have a very sensitive stomach. I've learned the hard way not to change her diet at all. She can't handle even a small treat. When the other dogs get treats, I give her a few pieces of her kibble. She thinks she's getting a treat like everyone else and I don't have to mop the whole house in the morning. Works out better for both of us.

She loves being in the house and spends more and more time inside lately. She has a favorite spot in the mud room with her own bed. Sometimes she hides in the laundry room and sleeps on the pile of dirty clothes. I think she's figured out the other dogs don't go in there so it's a bit of a sanctuary for her.

She's my white shadow. She follows me around the yard all the time. Her balance isn't great and she does get knocked over once in awhile. She does a little morning and evening zoomie, senior style. Pirate's zoomie isn't much faster than Tehya's walk! It's pretty funny to watch, but she is joyful about it. She's become very affectionate and gets a little pushy about getting her share of ear skritches.

Thanks for thinking of her. She's a special girl.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Oh my gosh, she is so pretty! Please give her some lovin' from me.

awww... what a lovely girl she is.... glad to hear she´s doing good.... sending cyber-treats hehe.... and many many ear scritches....

I would love to see her zoomies... awww....
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Dear Pirate,
    skritch skritch skritch and cyber-treats from me, too!

Hi Pirate!

It's me, Ozzy. The vet thinks I am at least 14 and more like a late 15. Mum was reading to me about ya, and so much of it sounds JUST LIKE ME! I can't hold my tail up over my back any more, it just seems like a really heavy tail these days, ya know?

I don't leak, but I don't tell mum when I have to go, either. Just today she put up another baby gate to keep me in the linoleum areas during the day. Like your mom said, for easier clean ups.

As for the tummy troubles, yup, that is me! I have to have the same thing in the same amount at the same time each and every day. We learned the hard way too, that even one little thing different get me nauseous and it all comes up. Tsk, tsk. So mum just gives me lots of luvin's when the others get treats.

I too have my favorite spots in pet beds and they are all off the beaten trail here, so I don't have to cope with 3 other fluffs, and those pesky kitties.

But the moment mum moves, I'm right there behind her! If she makes a quit stop I bump into her, as I don't see too well. And if she turns, I risk getting stepped on. Mum is really good and not stepping on me; but she mutters about her falling and breaking her neck on of these days, I don't know what that is all about. **shrugs**

My bichon blitz got posted on here as a video a while back. Phred said it looked like it was filmed in slo mo, te hee.

So I appreciate your situation, sweet Pirate. We senior pups need to stick together and let everyone know we gots plenty of lovin to give, even if it is in SLO MO!! Hope you get some more of those nice scritchies! I love those as well.
    - Ozzy

What a beautiful change she has made in how she carries herself. She is simply gorgeous and has such wonderful, soulful eyes.
    I'm glad she has such a dedicated caretaker that sees her potential and gives her the love and understanding she deserves.

I am so delighted to hear how happy Pirate is and how well she has adjusted to life with you and all the pups. She looks like the sweetest old soul. Please give her some scritches from me too.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    What a heartwarming tale of last minute love. She is doing everything she can to show how grateful she is, and it's written in her eyes. She seems to wear her heart on her sleeve with you. Pirate's a pretty girl.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Pirate is such a beauty.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

It's great to hear such a good update on her. Thanks, Glacier.

It sure took a while ...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Glacier

"Just one Pirate pic"

Trotting across the yard this morning--head up, tail out behind her...

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post

I'll bet you can't take "Just One"!!

Took a long time to win that "One Picture" bet ... but now that you've *snapped* #2 ...

Go a head and fill up the page with Pirate Shots!

She looks wonderful
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk