To catch yourselves up see HERE and HERE.

Anyways the urine acidifier came in today. It's called Methio-Form Chewables (DL-Methionine). Apparently I only need to give it to Cami who had the highest urine Ph at 8.5 which was 8.0 on her first urine sample before.

So I keep giving her the Zeniquin for another 7 days, and now this Methio stuff for 2-3 weeks then we get another urine sample to see if her Ph is down. Not sure if she will always have to stay on this stuff or not. It was VERY busy at work today and I've got a sinus infection so my brain isn't thinking too clearly right now.

She's supposed to get one pill a day for a few days to make sure it agrees with her system, apparently it can cause vomiting in some pets. If it goes ok then we move up to two pills a day.

I opened the bottle and MY GOSH the pills are HUGE!!! They look like little footballs and maybe that size is ok for a dog, but Cami is one of my smaller cats, chewable or not it's BIG! I get it home and show a pill to Cami who immediately licked her lips then tried to lick the pill. I was afraid she'd choke trying to eat the thing so I crushed it up on a spoon and just held it for her. She licked up about 3/4 of the pill on her own. I saved the rest of it for later tonight. We'll see how she does on it.

The vet did say he's positive all this stuff can't be from the food considering what food they are on. He didn't get very specific as to what he might be theorizing the problem is though. I think he's not saying any particular cause until we see what the pills do for her and this latest round of antibiotics. When he tested the urine the second time he did mention a slim possibility of kidney problems but he more or less mumbled that while thinking out loud. I'm thinking if this doesn't help we may need to do lab work to be sure.

I should just quit coming up with my own theories though, he's the licensed vet and I'm not and he has years of experience doing this stuff and I don't. So I'll just have to follow instructions and see what happens just like we tell our clients to do. It is rather hard being the assistant AND the client at the same time. LOL

Anyways I had promised an update so there is is. And so far NO pee anywhere but in the litterbox where it belongs, and the morning cat pilling of all the girls has been going well! I'll keep you updated as I know something.