Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Comments on POTD/DOTD/COTD...?

Comments on POTD/DOTD/COTD...?

It seems we have been slipping as a community to congratulate and comment on the daily pets that people have taken the time to share with us. I know, I for one, have not been posting enough comments in those sections.

I was shocked to open DOTD threads and see such little replies. I know if it was one of mine I'd hope to see more replies (and I know when it's a PT dog they do get more replies.)

Can we all try to comment more often, if not, atleast once in a while? Life has been busy and rough for a lot of us but it won't take much to make three small replies a day that will most likely make the pet owner smile. I'm certainly going to try harder.

Thank you, Kay! I appreciate it!
    I've Been Frosted

I really never reply to POTD, DOTD, or COTD. COTD I never reply to, though. I am rarely on the cat side. I will try and reply to them. It's a simple, easy way to make someones day a little bit better. Thanks for the reminder, Kay.

I've gotten lots of notes from people who's animals were the POTD or COTD. It really means a lot to people. I'm always touched when they take time to thank me for posting.
    I'm guilty of hardly going to the DOTD. I will try to mend my ways.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces
    I've gotten lots of notes from people who's animals were the POTD or COTD. It really means a lot to people. I'm always touched when they take time to thank me for posting.
    I'm guilty of hardly going to the DOTD. I will try to mend my ways.
    Have you really? I very rarely have seen any kind of acknowledgment anywhere, unless they are PT animals. I am not saying that to be nasty; I just came to think that the people who submitted their pets forgot about the entry and never knew their pet was selected. I go through spurts where I try to post as much as I can, but then I really start thinking that my time can be better spent posting on threads where the people whose pet it is will actually see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger's Mom
    Have you really? I very rarely have seen any kind of acknowledgment anywhere, unless they are PT animals. I am not saying that to be nasty; I just came to think that the people who submitted their pets forgot about the entry and never knew their pet was selected. I go through spurts where I try to post as much as I can, but then I really start thinking that my time can be better spent posting on threads where the people whose pet it is will actually see it.
    Yes, I do get them from time to time. Here is the most recent:
    Hello! thank-you very much for saying such sweet things about Leroi, COTD on 07-06-07! She says hi and thank-you! ,LeroiLover
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Lots of people whose pets are featured look, as I tell them to check out Pet talk and "Today's Pet" forum for example, and are touched by the comments, even if they don't join and post.
    I've Been Frosted

Good reminder! Reading the wonderful comments Zsa-Zsa received when she was COTD was precisely what made me join Pet Talk in the first place.

I try to post in them every now and then, but of course I'm online in stops and starts at the moment as I seem to be finding less and less free computer time, but when I am here, I'll make sure I do.

Zimbabwe 07/13

I've noticed the Pets of the Day are really sadly lacking in posts. Often only two or three a day. So sad!
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

I used to post to almost all COTD, but as Ginger's mom, I got a feeling that the owners didn't even know their pet had been selected and would not see the replies. I find it more important to post on threads that I know members will see.

But in any case, when I'm not too busy, I'll try to post more on those threads. After all, it was COTD that got me here in the first place.

Thanks for reminding us.
    Last edited by Randi; 02-04-2008 at 01:32 PM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I do tell people ahead of time, except in the rare cases when their emails bounce back for some reason.

Remember that many people whose pet is featured are not members of Pet Talk, but can read the threads. The threads always have many more views than posts, and I do hope the owners read them. Some are then moved to join Pet Talk and reply, some don't, some just email me, and some I never know.
    I've Been Frosted

Something I wanted to add - when the pet is submitted by a child, I do not encourage them to join Pet Talk, as of course, people cannot join until they are at least 13 years old. In the future, I will put more emphasis on folks joining Pet Talk when I notify them about a pet being featured if they seem to be old enough.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    In the future, I will put more emphasis on folks joining Pet Talk when I notify them about a pet being featured if they seem to be old enough.
    Karen, that's a great idea!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

You are right Kay. I am always in such a hurry to see what has been happening that I often don't even notice the POTD/DOTD/COTD

I will now take time to have a proper look
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I am never afraid to admit I was wrong. You were right, Karen, there has been at least one person a week acknowledging their dog was Dog of the Day. That is more people than I expected. I shall try harder to let the families know that their pets have also touched us in some way. Thanks Kay(and Karen).