Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Comments on POTD/DOTD/COTD...?

gentle bounce because today's pet of the day is -- once again -- a very cute BUNNY!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Like a number of you, I joined PT as a result of one of my guys becoming COTD. I was so, so pleased at the sweet messages that were posted.

As a result, I try to chime in whenever I can -- even when I think I sound really lame and stupid, I remember how much it meant to me that you all took the time to write so kindly about my Zorro.

BTW, Karen -- THANK YOU for all you do to make this such a great forum!

Hugs,
    Diana

Doesn't take long to post a few words.....come on folks, you can do it
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Ok, I am guilty of not posting in these threads. I do look at and read them each and everyday. So I will try to post on them more often.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Hi all,

Just noticing that the POTD thread has been a little (OK, a LOT) sparse recently.

Being a cat person myself, I don't really know all that much about mice, bunnies, birds, etc. -- but I'm sure their owners are just nuts about them, and would love to have their "babies" fussed over.

6. I do believe -- worse than not posting -- is people who post criticism of the people whose pet is featured.

Please, please, please do not ruin someone's day by telling them how you think they should be treating their cat or dog...what you think they should be feeding them or grooming them or anything else.

It does NOTHING except make the person posting feel good (I suppose) and hurt the person who should be having a good day.

Listen to the words of mothers all over the world....If you can't say something nice say nothing at all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    I do believe -- worse than not posting -- is people who post criticism of the people whose pet is featured.

Please, please, please do not ruin someone's day by telling them how you think they should be treating their cat or dog...what you think they should be feeding them or grooming them or anything else.

It does NOTHING except make the person posting feel good (I suppose) and hurt the person who should be having a good day.

Listen to the words of mothers all over the world....If you can't say something nice say nothing at all!!!
    This is so true. I just pointed a case of this out to Karen a couple of weeks ago.
    We're supposed to praise the pet, not critique and criticize the owner.
    I can imagine how happy they are when their pet gets selected. People criticizing them could ruin the whole experience.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I am so disappointed. had been keeping an eye on PT on my breaks and lunch. A new filter has been installed and now I get a block, so I can't access it at all. I will have to get it at the library, in the evenings.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Guess I have to admit to being one of the guilty ones. I mostly look for dog hints or dog anything. Good reminder, will have to try to remember to check in there.

Thanks every who has been making a new effort, and I hope more people do so! People are so proud, and we all know how much we love our pets, and it takes effort for someone to get a good photo and put down in words why her or his pet is special. So I think the people - and the pets - deserve as much recognition as we can give them!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I am so disappointed. had been keeping an eye on PT on my breaks and lunch. A new filter has been installed and now I get a block, so I can't access it at all. I will have to get it at the library, in the evenings.
    I miss my PT Fixes

Hey folks, today is a good example - so far Today's Cat has 14 posts, but today's Dog of the Day - an adorable puppy, has only two, as does Mango, the stunningly-colored birdie! Share the love, please!

Karen, maybe it would help encourage people to get more involved and post more consistantly if you, as Mayor, would take the time to say something encouraging to all of the recipients of Dog/Cat/Pet of the Day honors. I am sure that people will be honored to get a response from the Mayor of such a fine community, and the more regular visitors/posters would see how serious you are about your request that all of us take the time to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger's Mom View Post
    Karen, maybe it would help encourage people to get more involved and post more consistantly if you, as Mayor, would take the time to say something encouraging to all of the recipients of Dog/Cat/Pet of the Day honors. I am sure that people will be honored to get a response from the Mayor of such a fine community, and the more regular visitors/posters would see how serious you are about your request that all of us take the time to comment.
    I'll send you a PM.

Sandra, in all the years I've been here, you have always taken time to reply to Cat, Dog and Pet of the Day. You are so sweet and considerate - thank you for that!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.