Thread: Eck, I hate being sick!

Eck, I hate being sick!

The flu sucks! For someone who is so rarely sick sitting by the toilet all day loosing my kibble is very nerve racking. Some how I managed to pull every muscle in my lower back. Sleep was non-existent last night as I was unable to get comfy and I dared not take a muscle relaxer as I feared having a repeat of my earlier bathroom adventures.

On a funnier note my little brother called today and said "Hey your a nurse and stuff. Make me feel better."

Take two tylenol and call me in the morning!

Critter Mom to: Zoe-Rott/Pit Mix, Chloe- Persian, Lisa & Lola-Hermit Crabs, COMING SOON Pinky Pie-Cornsnake

Awe you poor thing I haven't had a stomach bug (knock on wood) for a long, long time but I am getting over a flu bug, too. It was not fun. Fever for 3 days, laying on sofa shivering like a madwoman, covered in 3 blankets and running a high fever. Body aching. Unfortunately, Quinn got it, too, but she and I both got over it relatively quick. She's 100% today and I'm still having coughing from the bronchitis that came with it.

Flu is just plain yucky I haven't had it since I was a junior in high school I don't think.

I can totally sympathize with you. Hubby has been dealing with the flu for about 2 days now, and I got a sinus infection. So sleeping at night consists of loud stereo coughing, sneezing, and nose blowing. And then I wonder why not so many cats want to sleep with us now? LOL

I hope you feel better very soon.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I know how you feel! However, I was lucky enough to just get the cold part of it, thank goodness. Hope you feel better soon! The cough takes forever to get rid of.

I'm starting to kick myself for not getting the free flu shot work offered but than I remind myself I don't believe in them. LOL. Unfortunatley I think DH is now getting it.

Critter Mom to: Zoe-Rott/Pit Mix, Chloe- Persian, Lisa & Lola-Hermit Crabs, COMING SOON Pinky Pie-Cornsnake

I'm sorry you've been sick and I'm glad you are getting better!

I just have to say this though. The "throw-up bug" is NOT the flu! People mistakenly call it the "stomach flu" but it isn't Influenza! It is a somach / intestinal virus. The flu (influenza) is what the shots are for and generally has body aches, high fever, chills, cold symptoms but not vomiting!

So, it if makes you feel "better" the shot wouldn't have helped this bug! But next year get the shot, because you don't want the real flu either!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I know. I know but I grew up calling vomiting the flu and I'll probably call it the flu til the day I die. Every nurse I know still calls any GI bug they get the flu.

There is nothing worse than being sick to one's stomach. Ugh! My co-worker came in on Thursday after having spent the night before throwing up. Honestly I wish she had stayed home because she left after about an hour and a half because she felt sick again. Today she did call out sick. I hope none of us will get it. That hour and a half that she was in on Thursday was long enough for her to "share" her bug with us.

The only good thing about a stomach bug (for me) is that I lose weight. It's no fun while you're going through it, though. Hopefully, you're feeling better now....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11