Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please don't let it be what I think it is...

I hope everything goes well. I didn't realize how lucky I am. My vet is an emergency 24hr one and there's someone there answering the phone at all times. Sorry you've had such an experience just trying to get an appointment.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady711
    If it's after hours I'm surprised they even have people answering the phone.
    As am I!

On a more sober note, I took Ivy to the park to let her burn off some energy. DUMB DUMB DUMB idea. She hit the bump on a branch or something, and it started bleeding again. Ughhhhh. I feel like crap I really hope that doesn't have any adverse affects.

Just checking in to see how our little Ivy girl is doing. Not sure if you've been to the vet yet or not. I hope she is okay!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Hey Sophie, just wondering what happened at the vet this morning.
    I know you are a busy girl, please check in when you can.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

We took her to the vet today. It's some type of cyst, but not a histiocytoma in the sense that it won't go away by itself. Sooooo, we have to make another appointment to surgically remove the cyst and she'll be fine It is in an area with little extra skin, so they'll probably have to keep her for two nights.

I'm not sure which will be more stressful - making the appointment or handing Ivy over for two nights

Quote Originally Posted by Giselle

I'm not sure which will be more stressful - making the appointment or handing Ivy over for two nights

I totally understand that! I'm just glad it's nothing serious and that Ivy will be as good as new. Hugs to all.

I've been Boooo'd!

OH, thank goodness it's nothing more serious. Although, I do think not having her home for TWO nights is serious (at least to me). But you like and trust your vet which is good. So you know she's in good hands.
    Give her some hugs for me please (oh, and Giselle too).

Two nights for a cyst removal? I didn't think it looked that big in the pix.

Glad it turned out to only be a cyst and not any of the things you were worried about. It's always good to find out things aren't as bad as you feared. Hope the surgery goes just fine, everything heals good, and Ivy is back home with you again healthy and happy.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

They said possibly two nights because there's so little extra skin there. They said one night would probably do it, but I should be prepared for two nights just to ensure that she won't pop her sutures

Quote Originally Posted by Giselle
    They said possibly two nights because there's so little extra skin there. They said one night would probably do it, but I should be prepared for two nights just to ensure that she won't pop her sutures
    Ah ok. I misread your post as the area having a little extra skin, not as having only a little skin. My mistake.

Yeah if they have to 'stretch' the skin to get it to close then keeping her an extra night is probably a very good idea.

I hope all goes well with her and keep us posted.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Thank goodness, not too serious! Ivy will be all better in no time. It's very hard to leave them, but you'll both will make it through.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'm happy to hear that its nothing serious! It sounds like the same thing that Nebo had, his had to be surgically removed too. I would have a really hard time leaving my dogs for two nights...they've never even stayed overnight at a vet. Good luck to Ivy, and you too!

She will soon be back home and as good as new
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Thanks, guys

We're dropping her off at the vet tomorrow morning. He said he's gotten a lot of emergencies lately so he may have to bump her surgery to Thursday, but he'll most likely get her done tomorrow. It's a little odd He's not a very formal person and the clinic practices aren't very "orthodox", but the quality of care is all I really care about.

ETA: I dropped Ivy off at the clinic this morning. She'll be staying overnight and we'll be picking her up tomorrow. It's so quiet at home =(
    Last edited by Giselle; 02-13-2008 at 08:40 PM.

Is poor little Ivyyy alright, Sophie?

I'm glad it was benign, but it sucks that she had to go through surgery to get it removed. I hope she's feeling better!

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz