Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Scared for my son. Please help w/comments *Update 4/16*

he'll want to get married as soon as he meets the ONE!
    he'll say...mom...i think i met THE ONE!

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Medusa, how is your son getting along?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I spoke to him last night and he's going to call me again today. He feels that he's still at 85%. He just can't seem to get the strength back in his left arm and hand and he's concerned that he has permanent muscle damage. The drs. did tell him that it takes a while to build new muscle tissue because he did experience muscle damage. The muscle tissue actually died so it takes a while to build new. He may have done even better if his girlfriend hadn't broken up w/him during all this but, all in all, he's doing much better. I just don't want him to overdo it now. He needs rest more than anything.

Thank you so much for asking.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Mary, I'm so glad to know he's doing better.. slowly but surely is the way to go. My kitties and I are all still praying and sending our loving good wishes.

Hugs and purrs,
    Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I too am glad that he is doing better. What a strange illness .

Payers on the way for your son. I hope he is 100% soon!

My son called last night after a workout. Yes, his dr. told him that working out would be good for him, so he's taking it light. He won't go as often or work out as hard but he needs exercise. He said the same thing that he's been saying, that his grip just isn't what it should be, which is keeping him from lifting the heavy weights, so in my opinion, it's sort of a blessing in disguise because I don't want him to overwork the muscles and cause inflammation again. The stress is just unbearable for me. I can't handle stress the way I used to. And now w/my Puddy being sick again, it's been difficult to keep my spirits up for my son. Anyhow, all in all, a good report for Glenn. But when you say your prayers, please keep him in them, ok? Thanx, my wonderful PT friends. You're the best.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Mary,

That is wonderful news!! Don't forget to take care of YOU!!! Glenn sounds like he's on the road to a speedy recovery. I mean, look how far he's come so far, huh??

You and Glenn are still in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and (((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

Donna and crew

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thanx, Donna. I don't know how I would've made it through all this w/out the help and prayers and encouragement of my PT friends. You and a few others, such as Candace and Karen, have been especially helpful, Donna, and I truly appreciate it. I'm here for all of you, too. I hope you all know that.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Maybe Glenn will learn to take it easier now, and have a bit more balance in his life.

Mary, was he named after the astronaut John Glenn? The double "n" isn't something that's often seen.

You take your vitamins and eat regularly (even if small meals) and feel better soon.

your *mom*
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Mary, was he named after the astronaut John Glenn? The double "n" isn't something that's often seen.
    No, actually, my (now) ex-husband and I couldn't agree on names. I wanted to name him after our fathers, either Charles Vincent or Vincent Charles but he didn't like that. He wanted to name him a typical Italian name such as Rocco or even Aloysius, if you can imagine. I didn't like those. So when I was in the hospital, a nurse came in and said "You really need to name your son" and Glen Campbell's show was on TV at that time so when I saw his face on the screen, I wrote down "Glenn Anthony", even though Campbell spells his first name w/one N. Anthony is my ex's brother's name so I figured that would placate him somewhat. I always liked the name Glenn anyhow. I know it seems I didn't put much thought into naming my son but I did. Our ideas just didn't mesh, though.
    Blessings,
    Mary

All I can think of is that it has been a long way from "there" to "here"........and the news just gets better and better about Glenn's recovery.

We won't let up on the prayers until we hear that he is 100%.

Don't you worry....Prayers are still being said for your son

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by catfamily
    Don't you worry....Prayers are still being said for your son
    Good. He needs them. So do I. He's doing much better but, as I've mentioned, his grip just isn't as it should be. I guess that will take some time.
    Blessings,
    Mary

I'm still keeping you and your son in my thoughts and prayers. What an ordeal this has been. Bless you both.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!