Thread: Scared for my son. Please help w/comments *Update 4/16*

Quote Originally Posted by catfamily
    all these prayers how could he not get better
    That's exactly how I feel.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Bumping up my prayers for tomorrow.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

*Sigh of Relief*. Glad your son is feeling better. Gotta hate that prednisone, but love how it helps so many ailments. I hope he feels good enough to go to Sweden. That should help with the cure. I think it;s time to use your spa certificate! Hugs

I've been Boooo'd!

Lots of prayers for good news tomorrow!

I'm so glad to hear that your son is doing much better. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Did I mention you don't look old enough to have a son aged 40????

You two are still in my prayers. You've got my number, Mary. Call ANYTIME!!!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    Did I mention you don't look old enough to have a son aged 40????
    Thanx, Donna. I appreciate that. I feel as though I've aged a lot in this last 10 days or so.
    Blessings,
    Mary

First things first ..... ((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))) ))
    You poor, sweet thing! I would be so beyond myself and yet you have somehow held it together! You have more strength than you realize! I am so thankful to hear that your son is showing definite signs of improvement. That has to be very encouraging and a big relief to both of you! I know there is always that inner fear that it's something worse, but please try to keep Faith that the improvement is definitely a POSITIVE!

I cannot believe the gall of that one doctor and then to laugh at his response? She ought to be repremanded for that!

Well, please know that I am praying for you and your dear son!

Love and Hugs,
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Just checking in to see how you and your boy are doing.....we are all with you
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Just to know that I have my PT friends all across the globe is a tremendous comfort! You have no idea!

My son called me on his way to the clinic and he said that he's up to 50%. He said "I could actually press the cap on my hairspray bottle. Not all the way but a little." His sleep is so-so. I asked him if he stores things under his bed and he said "Here comes the feng shui!". I said "Humor me and remove anything that's under there. If you have books there, all those written thoughts are under there. And if it's anything electrical, it can also interrupt your sleep patterns. And cover up your TV when not in use." "Sigh. Ok, mom, whatever you say" was the reply. He's in better spirits but I can hear the reservation in his voice. He'll feel better once the dr. tells him that his CPK is lower, I'm sure. I've been praying for him, of course, and one of the positive affirmations that I've been saying on his behalf is "God is now dissolving and removing all illness from Glenn's body, quickly, easily and in peace." He said this morning "Mom, you would not believe the stuff that came out of my nose when I blew it this morning. I haven't had the strength to really blow my nose but this morning I finally did and the vilest, brownest stuff I have ever seen just kept coming and coming." I didn't even tell him the prayer that I had been saying. I just said "Well, it appears that the illness and infection are wanting to get out of your body as much as you want it to leave. So let it." He at least agreed w/that statement.

So when I hear his report from the clinic, I'll post again later. Thank you all so much for being there. Just logging on and seeing replies to this thread is a healing balm for him and me.
    Blessings,
    Mary

When each day the news gets better and better I am sure you are beyond relieved.

I can just imagine how terribly worried you have been all of this time.

We will keep the prayers continuing for sure.

Good news, bad news scenario

My son called me after his clinic visit. They took 7 more vials of blood and he asked them to at least switch to the other arm because his left arm was sore and bruised. He said he has so many needle tracks that it looks like he's a heroin addict.

Good news: all the drs. seem to agree that it's viral and not chronic and they're pleased somewhat w/his progress in certain areas. They're pleased that he can get up off the exam table on his own and shower, wash his hair, etc. But his reflexes aren't what they should be. They had him hold his hands out in front and link his fingers together and pull. He did it fine. But when they hit his knees w/the little reflex hammer, not good. He told me that on the way to the clinic that his knees were bothering him and he wasn't sure why. But since his other reflexes were working ok, they're not too alarmed. However, his CPK went from 500 to 700 to 1050 which I don't understand, since he's at 50% progress. So. He goes back March 7 for more blood work and a nerve conduction test to "be sure this doesn't come back" as the dr. put it. The dr. told him not to worry, that it isn't chronic, that he doesn't want him to lift anything today or tomorrow and that he can do light exercise. My son felt relieved when the dr. said that it isn't chronic. He said that as long as he continues to improve, he's ok. He just doesn't want to regress.

Btw, remember the dr. that I told you scared my son so badly and then laughed? As it turns out, he actually has grown to like her. He said that she at least smiles. The other drs. are very serious and he doesn't like that.

So I'll continue to update on his progress which I'm hopeful will continue and for sure I'll post after his next visit to the clinic on March 7. He doesn't need to go back before then unless he gets worse, which we're pretty hopeful that he won't.
    Last edited by Medusa; 02-09-2008 at 05:43 AM.
    Blessings,
    Mary

More thoughts and prayers going out from Florida. This is one of the scariest things I've ever read. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to experience it first hand. Again, I just think of one of my kids calling with this kind of news. I would have to be hospitalized.
    Giant hugs to your son and to you too, Mary!! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Prayers being said!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'll be keeping you all in my prayers for a speedy healing for Glenn.

Hugs and Love,
    Kelly and Kits
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...