Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Scared for my son. Please help w/comments *Update 4/16*

[QUOTE=Grace]I'm just wondering if one is feeding off the other right now. He has the weakness, then agitates about it, probably magnifying the symptoms. He's in a vicious circle.QUOTE]

That's exactly how it is. He did just now call me, though, and he does sound better. I asked him how he feels and if he thinks he's improving at all and he said "If I have to put a number on it, I'd say 5%". Yesterday, he wasn't able to lift himself up off the exam table; today he could. The dr. noticed the difference right away. Then, of course, another dr. came in and ran the same tests that the first dr. did. He ruled out multiple sclerosis and Lou Gehrig's disease and one other one that I'm hard pressed to remember right now. He's inclined to go along w/the first drs. diagonosis of acute myositis. My son said that part of his problem was that they took 15 vials of blood out of him yesterday and he didn't eat for another 10 1/2 hours. Then when his cell phone broke, that was it! They want him to visit the Muscular Dystrophy Clinic but he really doesn't have symptoms of that. The MDA clinic has really good diagnosticians and they treat muscle diseases other than MD and their services are free. He said that if he doesn't improve, he'll go. If he improves, he doesn't want to go. I'm not going to battle that w/him right now. His spirits improved and I'm going to let it be until Fri. when he has to go back in and be rechecked.

Forgot to mention that all of his blood work came back fine. No kidney problems, liver, heart, etc. His CPK is elevated but the dr. said that it isn't as high as some he's seen, so he's not concerned.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Sounds more promising. Will continue with prayers for both of you, and look forward to positive updates

Glad to hear he's gradually improving. I hope he continues to do so.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I'll take whatever improvement I can get. He's talking about working on Fri. and Sat. and going to Sweden next week, so he's at least more positive about that. As for me, I'm one big knot. I need a hot soak.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Glad he is feeling better mood-wise...that will help healing.

Prayers still coming your way...I hope you and he can get a bit of sleep, Mary.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Yes, we both need sleep. He had a panic attack at 3:00 AM, understandably, so he was already in a weakened condition.
    Blessings,
    Mary

i'm sending more prayers your way,having mike aslo in on it for your son in hopes he makes a 100% recovery,as soon as his body can.
    and you get some rest ok?Try...maybe walk a bit with outside fresh air to get you feeling a bit better for him when you see him.
    i know he'd hate to see you all upset and exhausted...he'd worry about you.
    I'm sending some positive vibes and more prayers for you both.
    sometimes reading can help make us all sleep.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Thanx, Kim, PT has been such a comfort to me. I don't know who Mike Aslo is, though, but if he's good at prayers and healing, etc., I'm all for it!
    Blessings,
    Mary

Oh my gosh... I hope that things will steadily improve with your son. I hope that you will both be able to relax and have some peace soon.

I'm glad to hear that your son's condition is starting to improve. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please take care.

in answer to who is mike... mike is my husband...if i ask him to say a quick prayer for someone i feel strongly that needs it...he accually does it
    he's a good guy.
    i'm lucky to have him.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by catfamily
    in answer to who is mike... mike is my husband...if i ask him to say a quick prayer for someone i feel strongly that needs it...he accually does it
    I appreciate it beyond measure.
    Blessings,
    Mary

I'm so sorry to hear about your son's illness. I hope he'll get his strength back soon and the condition is not too serious. I can certainly understand if he's scared and frustrated - and you too.

Fister and I will keep our paws and fingers crossed that he's back to normal soon.

((((hugs))))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I just spoke to him and he said that he feels he's 25% improved, which is great news for me. He said that he can open a door w/his right hand now instead of using both hands but he still can't take a cap off a pen. He's calmed down quite a bit and even cracked a few jokes, so I'm more hopeful than I have been. My head has felt like it's been in a vise for the last couple of days because one of the drs. said it could be Lou Gehrig's disease and that's why he got so hysterical. When he told me, I thought I was going to pass out. I heard a loud clanging in my ears and I thought I was going to hit the floor. I know drs. become calloused due to working w/devastating illnesses but they need to realize that, when we're sick we're at our most scared and vulnerable. To say something like that to someone, especially someone as young and vital as my son and who has no one there w/him, is cruel. The other dr. told him last night "Well, we've ruled out Lou Gehrig's disease, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, inclusion body myositis, polymyositis, etc. so I'd say that the ER dr. was right on when he said "acute" mysositis." My son and I both breathed a sigh of relief. They want him to go to the Muscular Dystrophy clinic due to the great diagnosticians they have there and they treat/diagnose several muscle diseases, not just muscular dystrophy and their services are free. But he said he'd only go if he gets worse and, right now, he's improving. So he goes back on Fri. and he's going to ask the dr. what his chances are of this recurring since it's labeled "acute" and not chronic. I don't know. I just do not know. What I do know is I've got to relax somehow. I have a gift card for a full day at a day spa that my son gave me for Mothers' Day last year and I still haven't used it. But I'm so stressed that I don't want to waste it right now. I want to go when I can enjoy it. But I sure could use a good deep tissue massage right about now.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Wow...geez...at least for now it seems like this is GOOD news.Hopefully this will be gone for good...very soon.