Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Scared for my son. Please help w/comments *Update 4/16*

I'm so glad that it is something fairly easy to fix. You and he must both be so relieved.

I'm sorry I just saw this thread, Mary. My brother had it a while back at it took a few days to feel better, and he had no ill affects afterwards. Praying your son has a quick recovery.

I've been Boooo'd!

Thank you for that, Karen. When he told me of the paralysis, it truly terrified me, so I can only imagine how terrified he must be. The dr. watched him carefully to be sure that the paralysis didn't spread to his chest and affect his breathing and, if it had, I would've gone to LA. I wish the Prednisone would kick in. I'll know more today after I talk to him. He's asked me not to call because he wants to try to get some sleep. He can't email me because he has no control over his hands. Fortunately, he has voice command on his cell phone because he couldn't dial my number and he had to put me on speaker to talk. He still doesn't have much strength to even raise his voice. This sure put things in perspective for me. Life has its stresses and, of course, money is always one of them but when my boy is sick, everything else falls by the wayside. I've always agreed w/Suze Orman, "people first" but I never realized just how much I truly meant it until this happened. I'll update on his condition after I talk to him today.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    I'm glad his girlfriend is a nurse I was worried about him going home alone, maybe she will hang out with him.

That was exactly what I was going to say.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    I'm glad his girlfriend is a nurse I was worried about him going home alone, maybe she will hang out with him.
    That isn't too likely. She works at night and sleeps during the day. Hopefully, he'll have more control and feel good enough to go to the party.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Mary,

I'm so glad that he finally found out what it is. Let him know that Prednisone will increase his appetite and may make him bloat. But that is only temporary. I hope you had a good night's sleep, dear friend. You certainly deserve it.

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thank you so much, Donna. Just reading the words "dear friend" comforts me when I can't be there to comfort him. The 3 hour time difference is maddening at times like this, waiting for him to call. Just knowing that the paralysis won't advance is a relief, though, for both of us. I'll keep you all posted, "my dear friends".
    Blessings,
    Mary

He isn't getting better

I just talked to him and he's very angry now. He said that the Prednisone doesn't appear to be working at all. He still can't do the simplest of tasks. He has mostly prepared food at home so that he can manage taking care of himself but now he can't even peel a banana or take the cap off orange juice or open a cereal box. He's so angry that I couldn't even talk to him. I just do not know what to do. I told him to call the dr. back and tell him but he said "Yeah, try getting ahold of a dr. on Saturday". He can't go on like this. He has to work and right now he can't do much of anything.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Every doctor has an answering service that can page him on Saturday - he should definitely do that. The Prednisone should have kicked in by now.
    I've Been Frosted

He did call the dr. and got an answering machine. Not an answering service, a machine that said if it's an emergency to call 911. I told him to call the dr. at the hospital who treated him at the ER and have him paged.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Can he drive back to the er? Maybe he can take a cab to the er if he doesn't want to call an ambulance, from my experience you don't get a lot of help unless you go to the er, things just seem to be treated differently once you are there.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Mary, I'm so sorry to hear that your son's condition isn't improving. I hope he'll be able to talk to a doctor or will go back to the ER for help. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Mary,

Prednisone does take time to "kick in". But I'd definitely go back to the ER. You and your son will be in my thoughts and prayers.

((((((HUGS))))))

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I'm sorry that I am just now seeing this. I have read through the whole thread and my heart just goes out to you. I can only imagine the fear and worry and probably anger that you are going through. I will be keeping you and your son in my prayers.

{{{HUGS}}}

Maybe your son responds differently to prednisone than other people. I know when I was put on for short term therapy I was so weak I had trouble moving. Yet my cousin was on it before and it gave him superman energy. I would go back to the ER if he feels like he's not improving. Some people just take longer to recover than others, don't get discouraged, time will heal him.