Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update Post 15; Rosie has a HOME!

Update Post 15; Rosie has a HOME!

Didn't we have a cat like this on PT??

I think someone on here has / had a cat with the front leg deformity, which results in the cat walking on the 'elbows,' or knees, but I don't recall for sure.

I feel badly for this cat as she has been cared for very well for 13 years and suddenly found herself outside in the cold with no food. At least someone reported her and the shelter people are very good in that town. (It is right next door to my city.)

Do you know Rose?

BY TED NESI SUN CHRONICLE STAFF
    Friday, January 25, 2008 6:32 AM EST

SEEKONK - Do you know this cat?

That's the question being asked by Amanda Rietheimer, an animal control officer in Seekonk, ever since her assistant, Vicki Barnard, rescued an extremely unique orange, black and white calico cat. "Rose" is the name they've given to the 12- or 13-year-old feline, and what makes her so unique is her physical condition: Rose is severely disabled, and has been since birth, Rietheimer said.

The cat's front legs are permanently deformed, so she walks on the inside of her knees. She has only half a tail. Her head is partially deformed, too.

Although the physical defects cause Rose no pain, they do make it difficult for her to get around.

A resident on Arcade Avenue saw Rose in his back yard on a cold day recently, and called the Seekonk Animal Shelter, thinking she was dead.

But when Barnard arrived, she found Rose alive - and, despite her infirmities, a friendly and spirited cat who loves people.

"Out of all the animals in the shelter, she probably has one of the best personalities," Rietheimer said. "She does everything a cat should do."

Rietheimer said there is no way a cat as disabled as Rose could have survived for a dozen years without someone taking good care of her, and that has added even more mystery to where the cat came from.

The staff at the animal shelter, located next to town hall, are now hoping Rose's owner will contact them so they can be reunited. Failing that, Rose will be put up for adoption, preferably in a home with no other pets, "so she can be treated like a queen," Rietheimer said.

For more information, visit www.petfinder.com/shelters/MA32.html or call 508-336-6663.

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/artic...news/news7.txt

http://www.projo.com/massachusetts/s...1.295dfe6.html
    Last edited by Freedom; 02-14-2008 at 08:12 AM.

I would adopt her in a second. Ever since I fostered Beans/Surya, the cat with the deformed front legs I have wanted a cat like that. Let me know if she needs a home.
    Melissa

Oh Doolittlekitty, I'm so glad you can give this poor, sweet kitty a home. My house is filled up, so there's no way I can take her in.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

My Felicia has deformed front legs. She has no elbow joint in one and can't walk on it at all. It's at a constant 90 degree angle. Her other legs has a messed up wrist/ankle. So far she gets around fine though.

I hope this kitty finds a good place.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Jan (Quennscoopalot) had Georgie with his back legs deformed. She hasn't been around in a long time.

Rose is lovely and if she has made it this long in life without any problems, she shouldn't have any now. All she needs is a loving and secure home which she deserves to have and I hope someone comes forwards and gives that to her...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by doolittleky
    I would adopt her in a second. Ever since I fostered Beans/Surya, the cat with the deformed front legs I have wanted a cat like that. Let me know if she needs a home.
    Melissa
    THAT is the one I was thinking of. Not the same but quite similar as I recall.

I couldn't post right away to this thread, it just pulled at my heartstrings too much.

Oh gosh, this story is just too darn sad and when I saw this precious girls picture, the tears started to fall.

How I pray that she finds a loving, caring forever home.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

*Twister wanders over from the dog side, sniffing around. Don't scratch me, kitties, I'm a nice pooch!*

If I had to guess, having seen this sort of situation many times before, I'd say this kitty belonged to an elderly person. Perhaps that person passed away or became ill and had to go live with family or in a nursing home.

You would be shocked and appalled at all the beloved pets who are either just tossed out, surrendered to kill shelters or euthanized by a senior citizen's family members when the older person can no longer care for them.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I'm thinking perhaps the owner died or have gone into a home that doesn't allow pets and the family have just let her out thinking she'll be able to fend for herself. That happens a lot. Seeing as she's very friendly and well looked after she must've had a caring owner who is obviously not there anymore. I hope they find her owner if she's gone missing, or that she finds a wonderful home, preferably with a PT owner!!

Quote Originally Posted by doolittleky
    I would adopt her in a second. Let me know if she needs a home.
    I sure do hope you can take her. She deserves a good life forever.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies
    Jan (Quennscoopalot) had Georgie with his back legs deformed. She hasn't been around in a long time.
    Jan's around, but she lost her password or something and doesn't post.

We Are Just Adding Our Prayers That That Poor Brave Cat Gets Her Very Own Furrever Home. At Least Shes Out Of The Cold Weather Now.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I don't know who you would get in touch with about adopting her or if they would even adopt her out of state and how I would get her if they did. freedom do you know anymore about it? or was it jsut something you read, then posted?
    Melissa

Melissa, I think that there has been lots of interest locally, but I am not sure if it is just the curiosity factor.

At end of the post #1 has the petfinder link - that takes you to their on line application (scroll down) The phone number is also next to the link in Post #1.

Sorry, I thought you saw it before.

Wanted to update this thread: Rosie has found a wonderful home! See photo in on line article which is in color and not in the print I scanned in.

http://www.projo.com/ri/warren/conte...9.38d5e2e.html