Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ludi!! is terrific

Ludi!! is terrific

What a marvelous yoga position!

awww, what a cute lil' kitty.
    my family's cat drew has the same neurological disorder. she's much younger. seeing your picture and reading your story was uplifting cos you're okay and it helps me know that drew will be okay too.

My RB Diva and current cat Spike had or have CH. Paw applause to taking on a cat with this condition!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Darling little Betabelle

My sister has a cat with this same problem. Only, she wasn't born with it. She's now 2 years old and developed it after surviving Distemper and high fevers as a little kitten. It sure doesn't stop her. She may not be able to jump up onto the kitchen counter like the other kitties in the house, but she finds ways to climb up onto the sofa, the coffee table, and anything else. Her nickname is Miss Stumbles.

My Creamsicle has this condition only it affected her hearing causing deafness. She, too, is a happy cat and doesn't let anything stop her. Thank you for caring for Ludicrous. He appears to have found just the right family and I'm sure you'll all have many happy years together. Enjoy your day as COTD, buddy!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thank goodness for people like you!

It certainly was this beautiful tabby's lucky day when your daughter walked in and saved him. Bless you for giving him a home and for sending his story to Cat of the Day. I am sure you have educated many on this disease (me included) so now many more cats will be given the chance they deserve to have a good life with a loving family.
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

I have found that cats that require just a bit more care, make wonderful companions!!!!!!!!!!! What a cutie!!!!!!! HAPPY COTD!!!!!!!!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Good for Ludi!

My likely CH cat Beuky was COTD 4 yrs ago, and I'm happy to hear of other CH kitties being loved and cared for. I love Ludi's little white pawsies!

Ludi you are stunning!!!

I am so glad for your human guardian angel who saw your worth and took you home!!! It certainly looks like you are one happy boy from your picture!!!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful fun day today!!!

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our special and deserving Cat of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ludicrous, you can testify that there is much to gain from someone being in the right place at the right time. Your life was saved, and now you are our MOST inspirational COTD! I'm so glad that you have a loving home and that your condition does not hamper your ability to be happy. I hope you will have a grand time scampering with your four other housemates in celebration of your deserving honour, handsome! Blessings to you and your loving family.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Congratulations and happy Cat of the Day to you, precious Ludi! Heartwarming tales of rescue, life-affirming tales of triumph over near tragedy, are what our extra special Sunday honors are all about, and we are so happy, and honored to crown you Pet Talk's "top cat!" What an amazing kitty you are, Ludi! We humans would do well to pull a page from your playbook; your spirit and love for life, despite its challenges, are nothing short of inspirational. And top props to your wonderful guardian as well, for choosing you, for opening up her heart and home, to such a deserving creature! What a heavenly match
    Much love, hugs and kisses to you on your big day, precious Ludi! I hope you and your 4 furry friends are all being spoiled rotten, enjoying an very happy day of celebration!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hi! I am Ludicrous' Mom!

My name is Dawn and I was so surprised to learn that my Ludicrous was selected for Cat of the Day! Someone on my cat Yahoo Group, Purrz, must have nominated him as that photo and blurb is one I posted there some time back.

Thank you all so much for selecting him and your kind words & thoughts.

My other cats are Mr. Sparky, who, unfortunately now has bone cancer but is still doing ok, though losing weight.

We moved from Buffalo, NY to Fayetteville, NC in summer of 1999 and he was a stray hanging around the apartment complex. Everyone fed him.

Well, a hurricane was coming, so we had to take him in and he's been with us ever since.

The next summer, 2000, I was offered my current job in Cleveland, so we moved, taking him. We joke that he thinks he is a prisoner of war in the "War of Northern Aggression," as he keeps trying to get out, but all my kitties are strictly indoor cats.

Then, my friend up in Buffalo found a lovely chocolate tabby, Maine Coon looking cat during a blizzard the week before Christmas. She couldn't keep her, so we took in Ms. Vixen in Spring, 2001.

Then my Lady Marmalade was left abandoned in the parking lot of the library where I work in June, 2001, so I called my hubby to get her. she was just about 8 weeks old then.

Then we found Ebony living under the AC unit of the cell phone company during February, 2003. It was freezing. I mean, we couldn't just leave her there, you know?

I wish I knew how to post pictures of all my kitties.

Well, thanks so much. I keep trying to get the word out about Ludicrous' condition because so many kitties with it are destroyed each year by people who think they are ill.

What a wonderful story. Your daughter did a wonderful thing, and you and your family are fabulous for giving Ludicrous a forever home. His condition certainly hasn't slowed him down a bit. Why should it? He probably doesn't know or care that he is a little different than other kitties.

He is a cute little guy, that's for sure! Ludi, I hope you have a terrific day today and every day. Congratulations to a darling little sweetie!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Hello Ludicrous, what a pleasure to meet you today! My Elmer is a CH kitty just like you, and there are other CH kitties who hang out here regularly too.

Congratulations on your well-deserved selection as Cat of the Day! You are educating many people out there about just how special and what good companions CH cats are. We hope you and your family and your cat siblings are enjoying your day in the spotlight and are being spoiled thoroughly today!

And deepest thanks to your wonderful rescuer who arrived at the shelter just in time and brought you home! God bless you all.

Attached are some pictures of Elmer, who as you can see is also a long, lanky brown tabby with white feet like you, Ludi, who can also arrange himself into many unusual positions. And just like you, Ludi, he doesn't let this little condition slow him down.

We hope you and your loving family will join Pet Talk. There are some other CH kitties who regularly participate, and you will meet loads and loads of wonderful pets AND people here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SmallElmer.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	38406   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ElmerEarScratch 018.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	38407   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ElmerAirplaneEars003.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	38408  

HELLO Dawn and WELCOME to Pet Talk!! I can tell you, this is the greatest bunch of people you will find anywhere so please hang around!!!

I also have a CH baby, Amy is her name, she is about 4 years old now and I have had her since she was 2 months. Promote your baby as much as you can and use him to educate as many people to these wonderful babies as you can. That is what I do with Amy. I visit the CH kitty club a lot but hardly post there since this (pet talk) is my "home".

When I first got Amy, I had never heard of CH and it has been a learning process, trial and error. Amy has taught me so much about setting goals and having to determinantion to follow through. I wouldn't trade my time with her for anything or the unconditional love she gives me and I gladly return. I am so glad that it was me that picked her that day and not someone else. Once I picked her up and held her, I was committed, no matter what.

I am SO glad to see Ludicrous make COTD!! He can now be a CH poster child with this to brag about! Make sure he gets extra treats and hugs on this wonderful day.

Ludicrous, you are such a handsome boy and Congratulations on this special day! Get your Meowmie to post more pictures of you for us to see!

Go here to see how to post pictures. If you need help, go to the "Other" section and ask for help... It isn't hard to do once you have them stored online (free)...http://67.15.70.205/talk/showthread....&threadid=7406

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!