Thread: here are the PICS As promised... PIC HEAVY

here are the PICS As promised... PIC HEAVY

ok, so since i have to wait for the dishwasher guy to come and i do not have to be to work til 1230pm i decided to post SOME pics of ALL my babies.. so with out further a do here are my BABIES!!!

here is MIkey ( he is the RES)summer of 2007 we were cleaning there tank and we decided to let them out..

here is Ralphie on his blankie

here is Baby "T" and Spunky on there day out.

here is our Finches, Lilo and Stitch.. we have only had them since the first of the month.. aww

here is SnowWhite, this is when they were all in the same cage

snowwhite again, she is the dwarf hamster

here is Jasmine and Cinderella ( ps i woke them up for this pic LOL)

awww my cinderella and jasmine shhh sleepy time.
    1 lab/GSD mix pup, Thunder
    1 lab whippet mix, Cinni
    the Flock: Lovebird,peppermint; 2 finches, Lilo & stitch
    The Aquatics: 4 Red eared sliders, Mikey, Ralphie, SPunky, Baby "T". YBS, Capt Jack Sparrow, 4 Goldfish, Golden,AJ, BJ, Silver Scrappy Doo. 2 ADF;s, BigButt & Kermie. 2 Tertra's UK. 1 new GF scooby doo.
    The little furBabies: 2 dwarf hamsters, Snow,Cinderella.
    RIP Little Jasmine Dwarf Hamster. 2/20/2008
    Wife to: Jeremy, 34
    Mother to: 13 yr old son, Brady
    MTB: a boy and girl TBD on names

thunder and Cinni xmas 2007

here is a mix of Thunder and Cinni from xmas of

1 lab whippet mix, Cinni
    The Aquatics: 4 Red eared sliders, Mikey, Ralphie, SPunky, Baby "T". YBS, Capt Jack Sparrow, 4 Goldfish, Golden,AJ, BJ, Silver Scrappy Doo. 2 ADF;s, BigButt & Kermie. 2 Tertra's UK. 1 new GF scooby doo.

Those are great photos, thank you for introducing the family!

So Thunder is the larger black dog and Cinni is the smaller brown one? They both have so much of the lab coming through it is hard to tell who has the GSD and who has the whippet! Both under a year, gee you sure must have some happy hectic times!

What a great looking family you have there!
    I love your RESs, then again, I have a soft spot for them. I live by a lake and in the summer they are everywhere. :]

ahhh turtles!! I want some so bad!! I used to own three RES but gave them up because I couldn't properly provide for them as they were growing. They have a good home with a guy who owns a ton of reptiles and have a huge pond to swim around in versus the tiny tank I had

Have you owned any tortoises? I want a tortoise pretty bad and am looking for suggestions.

And speaking of losing a turtle... when I was younger we had a "box turtle" as a pet (you know, picked it up on a camping trip...). My cousins were visiting and I decided to let her walk around the basement. Well we lost track of her and couldn't find her. For six months. I was devastated because I loved her and felt horrible that, as a kid, I forgot to keep an eye on her and lost her (actually technically it was my cousins but you know ).

SIX MONTHS LATER, on Easter Day actually, we found her -- ALIVE -- downstairs INSIDE my sister's toy box. How the heck that happened is beyond me, she obviously hibernated through the winter and that's how she survived, but holy cow I was amazed.

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    Those are great photos, thank you for introducing the family!

So Thunder is the larger black dog and Cinni is the smaller brown one? They both have so much of the lab coming through it is hard to tell who has the GSD and who has the whippet! Both under a year, gee you sure must have some happy hectic times!
    wow that is interesting you say that, most people think Cinni ( the small brown one does not have lab at all.

LOl, Thunder is the large black one, ( his momma was the GSD and his daddy was the Lab)in fact he just turned 6 months old on the 26th of this month, when he is standing on his hind legs he can reach my NOSE ... and Cinni is the lab/whippet mix... we saved her from a lady who could not have her. they say she is about 7 months old ( that was back in September).

In fact when we brought Thunder home he was just over 8 weeks old, and it only took less than a month to house break him. Cinni took 3 weeks, talk about ALOT of late nights and staying home the entire training periods...

as far as fun, oh ya we have TONS, i think we have like 500 pics of them all over the last few months, sadly, we are going to be going to school soon and we will not be home as much, but, they are adjusting very well..
    1 lab whippet mix, Cinni

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    ahhh turtles!! I want some so bad!! I used to own three RES but gave them up because I couldn't properly provide for them as they were growing. They have a good home with a guy who owns a ton of reptiles and have a huge pond to swim around in versus the tiny tank I had

Have you owned any tortoises? I want a tortoise pretty bad and am looking for suggestions.

And speaking of losing a turtle... when I was younger we had a "box turtle" as a pet (you know, picked it up on a camping trip...). My cousins were visiting and I decided to let her walk around the basement. Well we lost track of her and couldn't find her. For six months. I was devastated because I loved her and felt horrible that, as a kid, I forgot to keep an eye on her and lost her (actually technically it was my cousins but you know ).

SIX MONTHS LATER, on Easter Day actually, we found her -- ALIVE -- downstairs INSIDE my sister's toy box. How the heck that happened is beyond me, she obviously hibernated through the winter and that's how she survived, but holy cow I was amazed.

awww you lost your turtle when you were young, i KNOW it was sad, but, that is the WHOLE reason we got started in the RES's, we were at the local PetCo, and my hubby was looking around and saw the RES, and he told me when he was little he lost his turtle in the backyard, sadly, he never found him. SOOOO, we picked one (mikey) up and bought a 10 gal tank ( i know , shame on me ) and we took him home, me knowing nothing about turtles, studied for like 2 weeks, trying to learn all i can. and i learned that he needed a bigger tank, so, we went to the local DIY, and found a 100 gal tank for $60 bucks stand and all. ... so, i picked it up, and took him home got him set up, and he looked soo lonely, so, we went to the local pet store again, and got another one( Ralphie). we waited a few days to see how they would get along and they did. SOOOO, we went out once again and got yet another one ( Spunky) and waited about a month and added our last little guy ( Baby "T"..

now, we have them all living peacfully in the 100 gal tank. but, once we get our tax refund we are going too update all their tanks .
    1 lab whippet mix, Cinni

I thought one RES needed a 100gal tank each, otherwise I would have kept my guys (I didn't quite have a 100gal but could have easily got one when they were bigger). Then again there's so much conflicting information on the internet

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    I thought one RES needed a 100gal tank each, otherwise I would have kept my guys (I didn't quite have a 100gal but could have easily got one when they were bigger). Then again there's so much conflicting information on the internet
    well i thought that way too. here is how it is suppose to work. it goes 10 gallons of water per inch of shell, that is for one. here is how my works:
    you are suppose to take the length of the largest turtle, in my case this is how it works:

Mikey is aprox 7 inches so he would need 70 gallons of water space, then, you take the remaining turtles length and divide it by 2: ( example)
    Ralphie is aprox 6 inches so he would get 30 gallons
    then you add Spunky who is 4 inches and baby "T" who is also about 4 inches, so they add another 4 inches so they need 40 gallons of water.

so, the total gallons i would REALLY need for them to grow ( mind you i have only had them just under a year) would be: 140 gallon tank, so i am only off my aprox 30 gallons or so, but, we are going to upgrade them very very soon, they will be getting a 200 gallon tanks after tax time. so, they will be able to "spread" there feet soon. LOL
    1 lab whippet mix, Cinni

OH ok thanks, that makes a lot more sense now

facebook

Thank you so much for introducing your babies. I loved "meeting" your family. They are beautiful!
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!