Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, what are you going to do with your rebate?

Well, what are you going to do with your rebate?

There is so much talk about the government rebate and a good deal of criticism.

What are you going to do with your rebate? Do you think it will kick-start the economy?

Well, if I were getting one (which I am not), I would use it to get Jasper a Road Hound pet carrier for the back of my motorcycle.

http://moto-pets.com/

Thank you Wolf_Q!

You know it was all over the news up here yesterday. I wonder if our government is listening. ha!

Has it actually been passed by the White House yet?? Sorry, have not listened to the news yet today. Last I heard only Congress passed it.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I don't normally get a rebate, not sure if this change (once it passes) will give me one. I don't believe in paying in MORE than I owe and having the govt earn the interest on MY money. If I am going to be lending, I want interest on the LOAN!

So I always work it out so that I have a small balance due (under $150).

However, should I get one, it is already spent; on pet stuff.

Well ... I should put it in savings, but -- I'm thinking of buying one of those pet stroller contraptions for Cassie. I'm going to need a high-definition compatible TV, too. I plan to give away part of it.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I always overpay because I don't want to get to February and be like, "SURPRISE! You owe a ton of money!", because I'd rather get money back than have to pay hundreds, or thousands.

facebook

Well, I have no shortage of places to send the money, but I'll wait to
    see if this happens at all. As to the economy, no, it will not help at all.

The economy needs major surgery. The last 8 yrs with "conserative"
    repubicans calling the shots, our economy & status as a nation has suffered
    severe hits.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Mine, IF I get one will go in savings... Unless the Lord has other plans...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I heard on the news this am that May is the month where the checks should be mailed out. It is hard for me to imagine how approximately $1800 (two adults, two kids) could turn someone's life around, let alone spark a change in the economy.

"Free" money is "free" money, and I wouldn't turn it down. But, I am holding my breath about the upswing of the economy.

Since I'm on disability and don't work any more, or make enough to even file income tax, I'll probably not get one.

Now if they want to make sure the money goes back into the economy, they should give it to the poorer people. They would spend it for sure: to survive.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think it is silly to think that handing out money will help the conomy enough to turn it around, with so many Americans in so much debt - and whose money is it? It's our tax dollars in the first place. They would just be taking from us to give it to us. All political hoooey, in my humble opinion. It's not like they are giving us money from some huge government surplus, instead the government itself is in record deficit territory. Do they think we're all dumb enough to forget that?

I already told hubby that I want to use it to get our furrballs up to date on their white coat visits....not telling them that quite yet though....

momoffuzzyfaces: Supposedly the rebate will be available even for people who do not earn enough to file an income tax form. If that is true, you should be able to get one.

Since I just got in a car accident, I'm going to have a big whole in my saving account that needs to be patched. In other words, no frivilous spending for me. I think it's going to take a long time for them to get the checks out, not good. I won't get much either since I'm a worthless single college grad with no children. I expect with all this goings on I'll probably lose out as compared to my normal rebate.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

"Free" money is "free" money, and I wouldn't turn it down. But, I am holding my breath about the upswing of the economy.
    I'm with you, Johanna.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!